Comp issues after restore.

My comp was having issues recently so I took it to have it checked out, I don't know crap about comps. Well the guy said he needed to restore the computer, and used a recovery disc for it. I have windows vista. The problem was fixed, but now the comp runs slow, programs will freeze and often crash, and video codecs no longer work. Like when trying to use Windows Movie Maker. None of these things were a problem before the restore.

What do I do?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take it back to the place that did the restore and have them do what you paid them for.

If they did a restore, they should finish installing drivers and whatnot, it sounds like they didnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Take it back to the place that did the restore and have them do what you paid them for.

If they did a restore, they should finish installing drivers and whatnot, it sounds like they didnt.
    I agree with the drivers but chances are the codecs are something they will have to pay extra for or do themself.

I tried that, they said I paid them to fix my problem, not put things back onto it, for them to find out whats wrong and fix it I'll have to pay them again.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Tell them even monkey could fix problem by using restore but you paid them and you expect to have every thing fixed and ready to work and not to create another problem, but be polite about it, if you are rude forget about getting it solved. If they still refuse to do their job properly take it to the authorities