Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    I really don't believe a 5-year old would understand the meaning of life, death, and murder. I think he'd wake up next morning and ask "So... where's Sarah? I wanna go out and play again! When is she coming back?"
    Well, it's also the court system's job to determine if that's the case, or if he's channeling Michael Myers.....

you have no clue what you're talking about do you?
    I've been in the ARMY, I've seen what it does to people.
    Last edited by Gavan; 2012-02-14 at 01:50 AM.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    Well, it's also the court system's job to determine if that's the case, or if he's channeling Michael Myers.....

I've been in the ARMY, I've seen what it does to people.
    so that's a no.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    so that's a no.
    No, that's a "I'm not gracing your jerk post with a definitive answer."

Bottom line: The dog has proven it's capable of violent reactions, it needs to be put down.
    I'm done with cuddily view points on protecting those things which can't be defended.
    There are somethings that have to be done.

It's all fun and games and a cause until it effects us directly.
    Last edited by Gavan; 2012-02-14 at 02:03 AM.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Don't compare a dog to a human. There's a reason we put dogs down for dog bites but we don't kill humans for stabbing others. Its because we're humans and they aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

lying to yourself isn't attractive.
    it's even more unattractive than lying to other people.

there is no shame in NOT having taken a life, i'm not sure why you'd try to hide behind words for it. "no, i've never killed anyone" is something everybody should be able to say. it's a good thing, i wish i could say it. i'm very confused as to why you seem hesitant to open up about that.

the point here is that you have not killed, nor have you done the psychological research to back your statement. you've stated your opinion and that's fine. your opinion is valid and worthwhile.

just don't state it as if it were fact, because it's not fact, it's subjective opinion.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    why is this on TV, don´t they have anything better to do? and live TV aswell that is very wierd 0.o

Bottom line: The dog has proven it's capable of violent reactions, it needs to be put down.
    I'm done with cuddily view points on protecting those things which can't be defended.

By your logic, a rape victim killing her rapist in self defense also deserves to be put down then.

Its not black and white, people. Its all in between.

The dog was recently rescued. The dog was there with a professional. The anchortard (yes, it really is her fault) stuck her hand in the oven, she didn't feel it burn her at a glance, so she stuck it in again and left it there for some seconds.

If you don't know how to act around dogs, and you don't suffer of any mental illness which makes you completely unable of understanding when an animal isn't comfortable with your distance from it, you are at fault.

The fact that there is a law stating a dog which bites a person needs to be put down, doesn't mean it makes sense. It would just be one in a long line of stupid and outdated laws which make no sense outside of trailer parks in this day and age.

Also, just for the record: Killing people for the right reasons doesn't change you. Its killing for the wrong reasons that changes you. Same with a dog. A dog biting his owner in a fit of rage will feel sorry afterwards. A person accidentally driving his car over someone will feel sorry about it too. A soldier killing a guy pointing a gun at him wont be changed much, stop watching war flicks.
    Last edited by Valort; 2012-02-14 at 02:33 AM.

Woah you're actually crazy. I just read all of your posts in this thread and you seem to have a fetish for violence or something, you want to kill dogs left and right, even little 5 year olds. Also, your 'location: Safe from 2012' doesn't do you any favours either. Seek help. Seek professional help.

I feel no compassion for that woman, she asked for it. Another dumb news reporter who think's TV = real world...

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    I feel no compassion for that woman, she asked for it. Another dumb news reporter who think's TV = real world...
    Not so dumb as inexperienced. I'm surprised the people who were holding the dog didn't warn her to keep her distance and let the dog have its space. Its like a group of people all standing round a fire and one sticks their hand into it. I don't blame the woman, honestly, but i wouldnt of done it in the first place. No one is to blame really

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Not so dumb as inexperienced. I'm surprised the people who were holding the dog didn't warn her to keep her distance and let the dog have its space. Its like a group of people all standing round a fire and one sticks their hand into it. I don't blame the woman, honestly, but i wouldnt of done it in the first place. No one is to blame really
    well the woman IS to blame, but not in a cruel sort of way.
    she wasn't being mean or anything, just ignorant and that's just the way of the world. she's less ignorant now, learning has occurred, all is well.

But animal experts say it was Dyer who was really at fault. nuff said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Needalight View Post
    Don't compare a DOG to a child, that is ridiculous. Dogs have different instincts than humans.

I think this is the most unintentionally funny post ive ever read

also the best part of the video is the guys reaction when they cut to him right after it happened

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    But they very rarely attack without some kind of provocation.
    The problem is some dogs get provoked by what we would consider the most random things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    The problem is some dogs get provoked by what we would consider the most random things.
    Usually they don't though. If the dog was an adult human, then sitting on it's back and riding it like a horse would be ... umm... let's just say inappropriate. Sticking your face in it's face and grabbing its head would also be inappropriate. I'd punch you very hard if you did either of those to me.

On top of that, dogs let you know in advance that they don't like what you're doing. They fidget, trying to re-position themselves. They growl, they bark. The show their teeth. They bend their knees. Most of the time, the last thing a dog wants to do is bite you (because it knows that it will only lead to bad things), but when it does bite you defensively, it's always because it ran out of options.

If someone breaks into my home, the last thing I wanna do is get my gun and shoot them. I know it's a bad way to end the scenario, and I'd hope that things wouldn't have to come to it. But I may have to draw my gun and point it at the intruder. That's generally "the last warning". It should be pretty obvious that me pointing my gun at him means I'm ready to shoot. Same thing with a dog that's shows his teeth, and gives all the other "back the fuck up!" cues.

While our languages are different, that dog is basically at the "I'm pointing the gun at you, and if you don't get away from me, I'm gonna have to shoot you" stage. And in response to that what does the reporter do...... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Needalight View Post
    The dog felt threatened when she tried to stick her face at the dog. She shouldn't have done that.
    Basically the only answer to this.
    Still, who the hell sticks their face in a dog's, after it went through the trauma of a house fire? I just hope the dog isn't going to get it for behaving like a dog would in that situation.

Imagine if you had never seen big tv camera's, many people all milling about staring at you as you were sitting in an area you did not know. Would you be anxious? I sure as heck would be. Then some random stranger is talking loudly and laughing, shoving there head near yours and touching you...

I know it is just an animal, but good lord, the things we put them through sometimes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is just my experience, but people do this all the time with my dogs and they never bite or feel threatened. The dog is unfit for adoption, provoked or not it can't be placed in a home with children or stupid people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ginnypinny View Post
    Actually, if a child gets bit by a dog that is on a leash, the OWNERS are responsible. Owners are responsible for their dogs actions, while it is on a leash. Look up your states leash laws.
    I'm not in from the states, so I couldn't say. I can, however, say that where I'm from, it's considered your own fault if you approach a dog that is on a leash and/or in a pen. If a dog runs wild and attacks it's an entirely different can of worms as that displays undeniable aggression, which is clearly too dangerous to have in public. However, if a dog is unable to escape what they perceive as a threat, either by being on a leash or locked up, they'll react by with preventative aggression most of the time. It's simple animal behavior. People who have animals should know this and people who actively seek out animals should also know this.

It has nothing to do with the breed. It would most likely be the same result if it was a terrier, a lab or a German shepherd.
    Last edited by mmoc494ea71a08; 2012-02-14 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Well, this is just my experience, but people do this all the time with my dogs and they never bite or feel threatened. The dog is unfit for adoption, provoked or not it can't be placed in a home with children or stupid people.
    if your dog had just almost drowned their reactions might be different.

not saying one way or the other, just pointing out that the dog had suffered recent trauma.