Deleted

Statistic: Legendaries.

Love the statistics thats being made here, but been missing 1 lately and thats one that shows how many legendaries there are in the game currently, so would be amazing if you made one of those for all of us.

Dragonwrath and Fangs of the Father from this expansion will probably have smaller numbers than some of the older legendaries, but which legendary is the most common one of the all?
    My guess is either Thunderfury or Warglaives of Azzinoth are the most common ones and Val'anyr or Thori'dal are the rare ones.

One of the reasons I have been thinking about this lately is the Transmogrification rule, that means you cant use a Legendary item - but why, can't be that many out there with them, so everybody will end up running around with them, and why shouldn't people be able to use the art from weapons they have spend a great deal of time gathering?

What do everybody else think : Which Legendaries are the most common or rare in the game?

Atiesh is probably the very rarest, Val'anyr would be second prolly. Most common has to be Thunderfury, so many people have it.

One thing on transmogging them, as Glaives are class specific but a random drop, couldnt then any class transmog it?

And tbh I do agree with Legendaries shouldnt be transmoggable, theyre legendary for their time period, after that theyre meant to die away. I mean Shadowmourne was meant to defeat Arthas, its got nothing to do with Deathwing or Pandas!

How do you figure Val'anyr to be one of the rarest? Almost any guild worth their salt during Ulduar got several for their healers.

Rarest would obviously be Atiesh, only very rare item I haven't seen in my whole WoW ''career'', and it's pretty much a fact that nearly nobody in the whole game has it, so little got to enter Naxxramas, and even less even got to kill KT, and even less than that ever got him on farm.

Most common? Thunderfury or Dragonwrath, it's hard not to spot a spellcaster in Orgrimmar without Dragonwrath, Thunderfury however rots in people's banks.

Compared it to the other legendaries. People have been farming every vanilla legendary for the past 5 years except Atiesh. ICC was around for a whole year, guilds coulda had 10-15 of them. Dragonwrath grows on trees.

Rarest, in order, are: *impossible to obtain*: Ashbringer, Crafty's Pole, Peep's Whistle, Shard of the Defiler
    *Only one in existance*: Talisman of the Binding Shard
    *Only a handful in existance*: Atiesh, Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal(or it's associated mount)
    After that it's anyones guess.
    Mine would have to be, in order of most common, to rarest: Tfury>Warglaive(at least 1)>Dragonwraith>Smourn>Sulfuron>Double Glaives>Thoridal=Val'anyr>Fangs - but this order is entirely a guess.

Edit: Reasoning behind this order - People don't farm Thoridal, or Val'anyr today. Smourn is still farmed, because the box is worth over 600k, Glaives are farmed for a myriad of purposes, FAngs are farmed because it's current content, and any guild worth their salt has every caster donned in dragonwraths. Most people don't care about sulfuron.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2012-02-10 at 11:30 PM.

I would be nice to be able to mog Legendaries..

I'm guessing they would gather this info based on the Feat of Strengths for getting the Legendary. The problem is the FoS is only given for equipping each legendary and not just having it like the Guild Achieves are. For example my Lock has Sulfuras from MC, but you would never know it since I can't equip two-handed maces so I don't have the FoS.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Rarest would obviously be Atiesh, only very rare item I haven't seen in my whole WoW ''career'', and it's pretty much a fact that nearly nobody in the whole game has it, so little got to enter Naxxramas, and even less even got to kill KT, and even less than that ever got him on farm.

Most common? Thunderfury or Dragonwrath, it's hard not to spot a spellcaster in Orgrimmar without Dragonwrath, Thunderfury however rots in people's banks.
    A lot of people got to do it in BC though...

And offtopic and a little e-peen boost, my Pally had all 4 Paladin legendaries before I quit last July. /flex
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Atiesh is probably the very rarest
    I kinda skipped counting that one, since it's no longer avalible within the game, so only the few lucky ones during original Naxx managed to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    One thing on transmogging them, as Glaives are class specific but a random drop, couldnt then any class transmog it
    Even with Glaives as a random drop, and some Warlock/Mage getting one - because they can't equip the weapon, they cant use the item for Transmogging.

One thing on transmogging them, as Glaives are class specific but a random drop, couldnt then any class transmog it?
    Anything that prevents you from equipping an item also prevents transmogrification. That includes level, race, class, reputation, profession and weapon type requirements.

Also, Legendaries can't be transmogged anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Thunderfury is more rare than Sulfuron. At least, the farming process is much more difficult (not difficult, time consuming i guess?) Plus you need RNG luck to have TWO bosses drop the required items. Rather than just one (ragnaros). I have had my first Windfury binding since my 3rd MC solo clear. I'm at 50 now and got my Sulfuron after my 43rd.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin