Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

will end game be invite only(like guild runs in wow) or LFR(like LFR 10ds)

I am a decent wow player and i have the best gear i can get. Only problem is I dont have a lot of time and cant dedicate 4 hours a night to raid in hardcore guilds. Thats why I like raid finder, but it sucks because it only works for 1 raid(which means 1 raid of 8 bosses is the entire endgame for me....)

Will guild war's most difficult and rewarding content be like LFR or invite only? I fear that if it is invite only, it will not allow people like me to enjoy it.

I think pugs are better because in wow, the best players get together in raids and 'everyone else' gets forced together, then nothing gets done outside of hardcore guilds.
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

There are no instanced raids. Dungeons are 5 man only and are invite only. Dynamic Events require no grouping.

There are also no roles in GW2. That is to say any 5 classes can do anything. No tanks, no healers exist in GW2.

Highly unlikely GW2 will ever have a LFR/LFD. Not the style of MMO GW2 sets out to be.

There are no raids in gw2, just 5mans for end game, and the dynamic events dont need to be organised

Also technically, there is no "end game" in Guild Wars 2. Levels are mostly irrelevant. The game has dynamic scaling and set gear limit you can not progress pass. Gear upgrades at level 80 are mostly cosmetic. All 80s have the same relative power. It's just a matter of style and fun.

So when Anet say the whole game is "end game" they are correct in a technical sense.

There are also no roles in GW2. That is to say any 5 classes can do anything. No tanks, no healers exist in GW2.
    This is only partially correct. There are still healers and tanks in GW2, but everyone gets the tools to heal/tank no matter which class you are, and you get to switch on the fly depending on the need of your group. If you're tanking a mob or a boss, you can switch out and let someone else tank so you can heal up or w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    This is only partially correct. There are still healers and tanks in GW2, but everyone gets the tools to heal/tank no matter which class you are, and you get to switch on the fly depending on the need of your group. If you're tanking a mob or a boss, you can switch out and let someone else tank so you can heal up or w/e.
    Just because you have 1 skill on your skill bar to heal yourself doesn't classify you as a traditional healer. It classifys you as an individual that can heal himself.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    I am a decent wow player and i have the best gear i can get. Only problem is I dont have a lot of time and cant dedicate 4 hours a night to raid in hardcore guilds. Thats why I like raid finder, but it sucks because it only works for 1 raid(which means 1 raid of 8 bosses is the entire endgame for me....)

Will guild war's most difficult and rewarding content be like LFR or invite only? I fear that if it is invite only, it will not allow people like me to enjoy it.

I think pugs are better because in wow, the best players get together in raids and 'everyone else' gets forced together, then nothing gets done outside of hardcore guilds.
    Well i can tell you have nothing better to do than troll so I'll keep this brief, nowhere in the information for this game has their been a mention of raids in the game, hence as Fencers has so politely pointed out there is little to no chance of there ever being a need for LFR/LFG in the game. Oh, in case you aren't aware, this isn't WoW! No trinity, no raids, no LFG and so on!

There is no reason to be rude to others for not knowing everything about the game. Please be polite and don't call others trolls. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-02-12 at 01:05 AM.

This is only partially correct. There are still healers and tanks in GW2,
    No, there are not. Go read through the 20+ page thread about the trinity please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Go read through the 20+ page thread about the trinity please.
    I think the Geneva convention outlawed making people read that failtacular thread.

100% Incorrect.

There is no ability to generate threat. There is no capacity to hold threat.

There are healing abilities. However, no one can target another player to heal them. The most efficient heals are self heals and all professions have equal number of heals.

There are no tanks.

There are no healers.

Each profession represents style, not group role.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    Well i can tell you have nothing better to do than troll so I'll keep this brief, nowhere in the information for this game has their been a mention of raids in the game, hence as Fencers has so politely pointed out there is little to no chance of there ever being a need for LFR/LFG in the game. Oh, in case you aren't aware, this isn't WoW! No trinity, no raids, no LFG and so on!
    you must be the illiterate troll...i never said guild wars had raids, i was comparing it to the LFR style of wow. learn to read
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Way to not answer the topic, guys.

As for your question, whether or not there will be an automatic grouping tool for end-game content is yet to be revealed. There could be one, but nothing is set in stone as of yet.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

I don't understand why people have to be so impolite when answering questions, throwing around the word troll at anyone who doesn't have the same information or motive that you do.

Dungeons will likely be doable with pugs on the story modes, while the exploration modes will likely require a more organized group (guilds, for example). As to whether or not we'll see a LFG tool, I'm not sure, but I haven't seen anything pointing towards it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Way to not answer the topic, guys.

As for your question, whether or not there will be an automatic grouping tool for end-game content is yet to be revealed. There could be one, but nothing is set in stone as of yet.
    I answered perfectly... >.>

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I don't understand why people have to be so impolite when answering questions, throwing around the word troll at anyone who doesn't have the same information or motive that you do.

Pretty much this. Be nice to people guys, there will always be some legitimate questions that you might think are stupid, but that's no reason to be rude. We all have our own stupid questions. Refrain from insulting others and don't call someone a troll. If you think they're trolling report them and ignore the post.

Well i can tell you have nothing better to do than troll
    I think it's totally unfair to label someone who doesn't know much about GW2 as a "troll". Do people even know what the word "troll" means anymore?? There's probably 7 BILLION people out in the world right now who don't know about GW2. Are they all trolls as well?

You MIGHT see some form of tool to help get people together for dungeons, however it will be for your server only. Cross server anything besides WvWvW is pretty much out of the question given ANet's big focus on creating a community.

To clarify on the answers:

Guild Wars' most difficult content is planned to be 5-mans. They are supposed to be really hard. They will require pre-forming a group ("by invite").

The larger 10-man to 100-man encounters will function a bit like Raids in WoW. They will be huge group events that will require a group to get through. Grouping for these is "automatic" though. And they'll be like World Bosses in WoW... just without having to get an invite from the raid leader. All you have to do to join, is show up! That's it!

So it's sorta the opposite of WOW: 5-mans will be "invite only", and "big raids" will be PUGs!

Deleted
    And the world bosses will scale , with how many ppl are around

<<Boss is almost dead >> <<It has 5k hp !>> <<We are gonna make it !>>
    Suddenly 50 ppl show up ...
    Boss rise up to 60k hp ..
    Oh coomon!
    Last edited by mmocbeb563a6f8; 2012-02-10 at 11:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hardcore pvp guilds will be invite only(if you dont think they will be then look at HoH groups, HoH guilds, and GvG guilds in GW1)

most dungeon running guilds will be too
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass