Problems with LFR. Should be a quick fix.

Today, I lost some Agil leather shoulders to a resto druid in LFR. I have a huge problem with this, as they got the +b onus, in an off spec. I'm fairly certain when queueing as DPS on my pally I don't get the bonus on tank/healing gear. Is this intended or something that isn't worked out yet?

In an attempt to stay constructive, couldn't Blizz simply make it MS>OS? Just as a clothie CAN'T need on plate gear? Or at least to where a Resto Druid doesn't get the roll bonus when rolling on Agility Leather? Not to sound too whiny, but some people are gearing up off specs faster than I can my Main spec.

I really hope this isn't intended, or will be fixed in MoP.

Thanks

Lemon.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure that if you queue as more than 1 role, you get a roll bonus to both specs, regardless which spec you are chosen to perform as. There's a rather long queue for tanks and as a Feral I just queued as tank and dps. That way I may not get to tank but I could still get role bonus on tanking items.

Deleted
    wait WUT ?

i can sign as all 3 and get bonus for all 3 regardless of the roll im in as ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen people changing specs before rolling, and winning items because of role bonus. Rather annoying to see a dps get a tank item and so on.
    Then again, the chance of winning anything in LFR is abbysmal with all the "ninjaing", trading and whatnot going on.

They will probably change the loot system in LFR plenty of times.

i think blizz screwed up the loot system this week.. somehow i saw a ret pally get a +100 role bonus to http://www.wowhead.com/item=78427 and end up winning it with a roll of 200. this pally had came as dps.. i dont see how he should win a healer ring as ive never seen this happen last week but o well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I've seen people changing specs before rolling, and winning items because of role bonus. Rather annoying to see a dps get a tank item and so on.
    Then again, the chance of winning anything in LFR is abbysmal with all the "ninjaing", trading and whatnot going on.

They will probably change the loot system in LFR plenty of times.
    Your Need+ roll bonus is based on your selected roles when you queue up for the dungeon, not the spec you're currently in. Those people switching specs are just wasting their time.

Deleted
    You only get a role bonus for the role you have actually been assigned.

HOWEVER...

DK tanks use 2h weapons to tank, so Gurth is marked as tanking weapon, even for Paladins and Warriors.
    Hybrid casters use Spirit for Hit, so they're marked as DPS as well as healing items.
    Druids and Shamans can use both Agility and Intellect, so both types are marked as DPS. A Boomkin may easily win Agility leather with a role bonus.

What you can not win with the current system, is Agility items when you are in the Healing role. That Resto druid must have been assigned the DPS role to win that item with a bonus. The actual spec is irrelevant. You could be a Protection Paladin assigned the DPS role and still win Healing items, provided nobody with a bonus rolled on them. But you can't win items with role-bonus if you are not assigned that role.

---------- Post added 2012-02-11 at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    i think blizz screwed up the loot system this week.. somehow i saw a ret pally get a +100 role bonus to http://www.wowhead.com/item=78427 and end up winning it with a roll of 200. this pally had came as dps.. i dont see how he should win a healer ring as ive never seen this happen last week but o well.
    Brilliant example of screwed up, yet accurate, role bonus rolls. That ring is marked as Healing and DPS. Retribution is a DPS spec. He can win it. With Role bonus.

Druids for whatever reason DO get a roll bonus on almost anything regardless of spec, I've seen it enough though I'm not sure what causes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asur View Post
    Druids for whatever reason DO get a roll bonus on almost anything regardless of spec, I've seen it enough though I'm not sure what causes it.
    Well I can say as a resto druid we do NOT get a roll bonus on agi leather gear, I tried do get some off spec gear as resto and did NOT get the bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asur View Post
    Highlighted the interesting part here. Almost. But not all.

Boomkin = DPS. Can get bonus on Intellect gear with or without Spirit and Agility gear. Both types are marked as DPS. Can not get bonus on Healing mace or Healing trinkets or Tanking trinkets.
    Feral Cat = DPS. Can get bonus on Agility gear and Intellect gear with or without Spirit. Both types are marked as DPS. Can not get bonus on Healing mace or Healing trinkets or Tanking trinkets.
    Feral Bear = Tank. Can get bonus on Agility gear, but not Intellect gear with or without spirit. Only Agility is marked as Tank. Can not get bonus on Healing mace or Healing trinkets, but do get bonus on Tanking trinkets as well as Agility trinkets.
    Restodruid = Healing. Can get bonus on Intellect gear with or without Spirit, but not Agility gear. Only Intellect is marked as Healing. Can get bonus on Healing mace or Healing trinkets, but not Tanking or Agility trinkets and also not on the DW Caster dagger or the caster damage trinkets as they all indicate damaging spells must be used to take effect.

So, a Boomkin and Feral Cat are the least limited, but both Feral Bear and Tree have very limited choices. They can still Need on items, of course, but they do not get bonus for DPS items.
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2012-02-11 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Simple: Paladin can use it, the item holds the DPS tag, despite PALADIN DPS wouldn't use it. Blizzard has said themselves it's only a first iteration of the system, and will be greatly improved upon come MoP, when it will also check your spec, before giving you role bonus. Much like how Ret Paladins can roll Need+ on Souldrinker, just cause DKs and Warriors use it for DPS, a Paladin would only tank with it.