Deleted

An addon to add gun sounds to bows?

Hello, so I am one of those hunters who absolutely LOVE the gun sounds in game. The sound that bows make when shooting arrows is just lame, too quiet, nothing epic about it. While shooting guns feels like my poor target's head is going to explode like a ripe tomato with each shot.
    I know i know "transmogrify your ranged weapon into gun" you say. The problem is, that while gun sounds are awesome, I cant find any really good looking guns. There are so many amazing looking bows in the game (Golden Bow of Quelthalas ftw) but most guns look quite boring.
    So I would love a mod/addon that would give me both - the graphical appearance of bows, but make them sound like guns. Does such mod exist, or is it even possible to make it? I dont know a thing about programming, but I am thinking - finding the files in game directory which store sounds for bows, and replace them with the gun files?
    I would be perfectly happy if the mod worked only for me - ppl in my groups would still hear as if I am shooting arrows, only I would hear the awesome BOOM BOOMS :P
    Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Yeah, it's possible, it's allowed. Take the gun sounds from MPQ, rename as needed, drop them into the data folder while replicating the bow sounds' folder structure. I'd go find them for you, but I don't have the time to right now. I'm sure someone else will be happy to.

The filenames don't exactly line up perfectly so you may still hear some arrow noises.

These are the how the sounds look in the MPQ.

Bow sounds:
    Code:
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Bow\ArrowHitA.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Bow\ArrowHitB.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Bow\ArrowHitC.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Bow\BowArrowInFlightLoop.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Bow\BowPreCastLoop.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Bow\BowPullback.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Bow\BowPullback1.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Bow\BowPullback02.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Bow\BowPullback2.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Bow\BowPullback03.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Bow\BowPullback3.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Bow\BowRelease.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Bow\BowRelease02.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Bow\BowRelease03.ogg
    Gun sounds:
    Code:
    Sound\Item\Weapons\GunFire01.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Gun\GunFire01.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Gun\GunFire02.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Gun\GunFire03.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Gun\GunLoad01.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Gun\GunLoad02.ogg
    Sound\Item\Weapons\Gun\GunLoad03.ogg
    Here are the needed sounds in a .RAR file: http://uploading.com/files/m37ba7c4/...BWarcraft.rar/

Copy them into your game directory so that the folder structure matches.

I renamed the files as best as I could, made GunFire sounds into BowRelease sounds, and GunLoad sounds into BowPullBack sounds and put them into the correct folder.

You will be the only one that hears the change, all others around you will still hear bow noises.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Amazing, thank you so much

Deleted
    Haha nice. I'll go try this out for myself :P Didn't knew this was allowed.

Or you could just transmog your bow into a gun which is the much simpler way to solve the problem. If your looking for a decent gun id suggest the Wolf Slayer Sniper from Opera event in Kara or Brutal Glads rifle which is cool and when it fires the smoke from the shot is a felfire green color.