Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Very true. I guess I wasn't clear enough.

I don't think sub numbers will be effected -that- significantly to any sub-based MMO by GW2. Most people drop a game is because they either can't, or do not want to, pay for more than 1 sub-based game at once.

Since GW2 will not have a sub, GW2's release won't effect numbers as much as the release of another sub-based MMO.
    the way i see it is many people, esp the players with less play time will say "its not worth paying for wow since i never play it" or "i dont have enough time for both i need to pick one"

the players who fit that mold and choose to stick with gw2 will more than likely cancel their wow/swtor/rift/<insert mmo here> subs so they dont feel like they arent wasting money on a game they arent playing
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    May by it's sound like conspiracy theory, but I have feeling this is little sabotage. Ofc this games audience can be different, but for me it's like planned distraction. What do you think ?

( sry for my poor english btw )
    Didnt you already expect diablo to be released before gw2? That game has been delayed like crazy. So if you were planning on playing both games you should already know that diablo would be the game held first in your hands.
    So no surprises, and probably nothing planned or so. Diablo has been delayed, and blizzards own customers are failing them... they had to give them something.
    Just relax bro =)

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    You think being a condescending douche is helping someone? I'm sure he knows how to spell Diablo.
    You think hes the one being the douche? He was just trying to be helpful and you are calling him out for it... Grow up.

Diablo 3 will release when its ready same with GW2 and MOP and everything else if you ask me. Whether or not other games determine if its later could be a possibility but I really don't care I'm just playing older stuff while I wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    In Q4 of 2011 Blizzard lost nearly 100k subs, this is AFTER the holidays, a huge patch, AND the annual pass. Yet, fan boys revere it as a "success/not that bad".
    If they're able to lose 1/10 of a million subs after pumping out that much crap in order to save the themselves from the fire that's burning their asses, then I can't imagine what the Q1 statement is going to look like this year. Even more so I don't even want to read the WoW forums after GW2 launches along with other major MMO titles.
    Well, considering the facts that a major MMO was released in said quarter. Said MMO lost triple that amount of subs after it's first month. Now also consider that we're currently in the greatest crisis since The Great Depression.

Honestly, if my company managed to stay above that 10 million mark during such a serious slump, I would be having a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Well, considering the facts that a major MMO was released in said quarter. Said MMO lost triple that amount of subs after it's first month. Now also consider that we're currently in the greatest crisis since The Great Depression.

Honestly, if my company managed to stay above that 10 million mark during such a serious slump, I would be having a party.
    Very true. As I said earlier, World of Warcraft can lose half it's sub base and still dominate the market totally. That 5-6mil left would still be more than most other MMOs combined. Blizzard and Activision considered December a "strong month for us" which is also the month their largest [& true competitor] brought a game to market; Bioware/EA's TOR. This was said flat out in the Q4 earnings report.

Diablo 3 will have a big market impact. It's brand is many times that of other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    In Q4 of 2011 Blizzard lost nearly 100k subs, this is AFTER the holidays, a huge patch, AND the annual pass. Yet, fan boys revere it as a "success/not that bad".
    If they're able to lose 1/10 of a million subs after pumping out that much crap in order to save the themselves from the fire that's burning their asses, then I can't imagine what the Q1 statement is going to look like this year. Even more so I don't even want to read the WoW forums after GW2 launches along with other major MMO titles.
    You realize 1/10 of a million subs = less than 1% of total subs for WoW, right? Considering that the biggest "threat" to WoW in years launched in the same quarter, I think it was quite a good thing indeed. For Blizzard.

Not to mention that SWTOR launched with -- what? -- two million copies sold and a lot of canceled subs after the free month ... and that is being haled as a success. If you can't call WoW's slow loss of just a fraction of subscriptions successful, even with subs slowly dipping (after 7 years) then no MMO will ever be successful.
    Last edited by Jibjub; 2012-02-13 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 is a myth, don't buy into it.

They used it as an excuse to lock in people for another year while they release MoP drastically later than predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    this is common with MMOs, they held back 4.3 to drop for swtor, they will use MoP to ease the losses from GW2
    I see what you did there.

They used it as an excuse to lock in people for another year while they release MoP drastically later than predicted.
    The thing about "predicted" is that it was "predicted" by people who were not Diablo. So people getting pissed off about D3 not coming out in like January have no reason to be angry at Blizzard. If you bought the Annual Pass to get a Diablo release date, you're doing it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Diabolo , for some stupid unknown reason, made my day. I laughed for 5 minutes straight.

OT. I have no idea
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Don't make me choose, Blizzard! I can only play but so many MMOs at once!!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Diablo isn't a MMO
    I bet to differ

Diablo isn't a MMO
    Well played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unitos View Post
    Last I checked, four wasn't considered to be a very big number. >.>

Poorly played.

I have no problems buying both. In fact I'm going to buy both..even if they come out on the same day.

10+ Year Old Account

The thing about "predicted" is that it was "predicted" by people who were not Diablo. So people getting pissed off about D3 not coming out in like January have no reason to be angry at Blizzard. If you bought the Annual Pass to get a Diablo release date, you're doing it wrong.
    We're talking about an MMO community here, be realistic please. 95% of them will "do it wrong".

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    I doubt the release of Diablo 3 will effect the release of GW2 at all. Diablo 3 is a casual hack and slasher people will use to unwind between raids and such. GW2 is a true next gen MMORPG. They are totally different game types and have no competition vs one another.

Now if Blizzard released MoP around the same time as GW2 then I think your theory might be more accurate.
    Seriously..if I knew a person IRL that chose MoP over GW2 I might be driven to homicide by blunt instrument.

This made me laugh in light of the last page of posts:

XD

Also, I there are might be as many people who play the MoP beta as GW2 at release. That annual pass sold extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    We're talking about an MMO community here, be realistic please. 95% of them will "do it wrong".
    Exaggeration with no facts to back it up. Personally, and I know that anecdotal evidence isn't much in a legitimate debate, I knew exactly what I was getting into when I signed up for the Annual Pass. I knew I would be playing WoW for at least another year, so everything else was pure gravy. The Diablo 3 game for free, the mount, the MoP beta access, all of it was basically a gift for simply saying that I will continue with my subscription model for another year.

People who are foolish and didn't read the Terms of Service should be angry at themselves. This isn't like a mortgage where it is hundreds of players. It was very, very clear what the Annual Pass entailed, and a release date of Diablo 3 was not included into that. They simply said "Early 2012" which can constitute anything up to June. Frankly, I believe the game will be out before then. If September rolls around and D3 isn't out yet, then I will agree with the "95%" of the MMO community. Until then, manufactured rage is manufactured.

Oh, and:

I know what a MMO is, and Diablo aint one. Diablo is an action, hack-n-slash, RPG. Even Wikipedia, which is known for ALWAYS being factual, states this.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-02-13 at 07:01 AM.