Deleted

Thumbs down Inconsistent and unfair pricing puts me off buying, EU v's US price.

I am tempted to try the game but as said above the pricing puts me off.

Amazon US: $39.70 = £25.20
    Amazon EU: £34.97

Why do we have to pay so much more than the states for the same game?

Deleted
    Because that's life. Sorry bud.

Deleted
    Its a pita. If I want it i need to go to the trouble of buying it in the states and getting someone to email me the code.

Its the same game, SW tor doesnt have regions so why charge such a different amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodkins View Post
    Its a pita. If I want it i need to go to the trouble of buying it in the states and getting someone to email me the code.

Its the same game, SW tor doesnt have regions so why charge such a different amount.
    Taxes most likely.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then don't buy it. Or do; most of us couldn't care less.

Seriously, why come to this board and create a useless thread about it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Taxes most likely.
    Indeed, taxes. Better get used to it, they only get worse as you get older

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    Then don't buy it. Or do; most of us couldn't care less.

Seriously, why come to this board and create a useless thread about it?
    Guess I am keen to give the game a go, but not really wanting to pay that much more than other regions for the same game.

If all you're worried about is difference in price between the same US and EU retailer, then try gamestop...

gamestop.com 59.99 = £39
    gamestop.eu £39.97

Even higher price then amazon, but at least they're more consistent and fair eh? lol

Deleted
    Just really interested in checking the game out, and want to get it for the best price. Seems reasonable to me? Will have a word with my friend in the US i suppose if i decide to give the game a chance and get him to email me the CD code, just a bit of a pain to have to do that to save almost a third of the cost of the game.

This is a normalized price. Get use to the $60, it won't be getting any cheaper in the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayhas View Post
    This is a normalized price. Get use to the $60, it won't be getting any cheaper in the future.
    Not really the case tho is it when its $39.70 on amazon . com

15+ Year Old Account
    I bought the digital deluxe for around $80 or so.

I don't regret it. Well worth the price, IMO.

Not really the case tho is it when its $39.70 on amazon . com
    Because, they're all "Used-Like New". I wouldn't trust that. I mean, it's a one time use code! If it's used, you can't use the code! The pricing IS standardized from companies, but people might be trying to unload the game, not knowing how MMO games work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Guess I am keen to give the game a go, but not really wanting to pay that much more than other regions for the same game.
    Australia gets shafted harder than you, get over it. Taxes are different in different places, not to mention American companies will exploit the Euro/AUD whenever they can, it's just good business.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Because, they're all "Used-Like New". I wouldn't trust that. I mean, it's a one time use code! If it's used, you can't use the code! The pricing IS standardized from companies, but people might be trying to unload the game, not knowing how MMO games work.
    most of the time when this is the case, you have to read the fine print and make sure the game actually hasn't been registered. you could always contact the seller to make sure, as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    So it's on sale for both regions on amazon.com, and you're blaming the game by not getting it, because amazon didn't make the discount the same for both regions?

If you were buying it on day 1 (or from a place that didn't currently have it on sale) you'd be paying the same price. But you're deciding not to buy it because one discount isn't as much as another discount @ amazon.com... someone link a first world problems image please.

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    most of the time when this is the case, you have to read the fine print and make sure the game actually hasn't been registered. you could always contact the seller to make sure, as well.
    Ah, true. I went and looked, and wow, at least 1/3 of them have accounts activated. But, because you get items that aren't returnable, you always run the risk of getting something less than you ordered. Even though it's all protected, that's a lot of wasted time. Do you want to go through that?
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Game price in the EU and other regions are dictated by each country not the publisher. Thread Closed.