View Poll Results: How long will United States regime last?

Voters
11. This poll is closed
  • Less than 30 years

4 36.36%
  • More than 30 years

7 63.64%
    Deleted

How long will United States regime last?

Speculation: How long will United States regime last?

I give it about 20 years before everything collapses.

Where's your proof?

Deleted
    Notice: "Speculation"

What "regime"? Regardless of how shitty the current administration is...and the one after that. The United States of America still commands the greatest military to ever exist in the history of mankind. We have the strongest Navy, the most advanced airforce. The most well trained infantry the world has ever known. No matter what happens, the USA is here to stay for years to come. Even if China overtakes the US economically, it will never be up to speed. It is still hindered by it's communist past. The USA has democracy, and while it has it's kinks, it is still the most progressive form of government today. It's stability is just a testament to the hundreds of years of history.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    What "regime"? Regardless of how shitty the current administration is...and the one after that. The United States of America still commands the greatest military to ever exist in the history of mankind. We have the strongest Navy, the most advanced airforce. The most well trained infantry the world has ever known. No matter what happens, the USA is here to stay for years to come. Even if China overtakes the US economically, it will never be up to speed. It is still hindered by it's communist past. The USA has democracy, and while it has it's kinks, it is still the most progressive form of government today. It's stability is just a testament to the hundreds of years of history.
    Actually that so called "communist" past is what made China's current economic success. I certainly could see the US make more changes to move towards an equal system.

Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post
    Notice: "Speculation"
    Throwing out random numbers will only demonstrate how high everyone can count. Not tryna be a jerk or anything but speculation is based off of some sort of observation. So I'm just curious as to what yours is.

More than 30 but probably less than 100 if we don't fix our shit soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Longer than this thread I can assure you of that.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Actually that so called "communist" past is what made China's current economic success. I certainly could see the US make more changes to move towards an equal system.
    LOL... no the inner cities of China are pretty much at capitalism at this point. So they are closer to Capitalism with slave labor then Communism these days. Thats what lead to an economic success. Its virtually impossible for pure Communism to lead to economic success.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    LOL... no the inner cities of China are pretty much at capitalism at this point. So they are closer to Capitalism with slave labor then Communism these days. Thats what lead to an economic success. Its virtually impossible for pure Communism to lead to economic success.
    I said "so called" - there is no communism in China except maybe the fashion the party is built. But the communistic ideology is nowhere to be found of course.

Except no. Communist China was a massive failure economically. Look up the history. There was a massive famine that led to some 45 million estimated deaths as a result of the communist system of Mao. Chinas economic success in recent history is due to it's fast moving capitalist system which is VERY NEW.

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Longer than this thread I can assure you of that.
    Win
    Seriously if you think America's current situation is bad then you should read more history. I recommend the late Roman Empire or Communist Russia. Compared ot those two things here are fine.
    I'm going to do some real damage!

Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post
    Speculation: How long will United States regime last?

I give it about 20 years before everything collapses.
    I too wouldn't mind hearing what you mean by "regime" in this regard ?

China's economic success is actually stemmed from the fact they're venturing into more and more capitalist like ways of doing business, it's not communism that causes that type of growth.
    They're definitely still communist in practice as far as policies go, no "privileged" internet rights for example. They, however, are going more and more towards a capitalist enterprise in their trade deals, that's why they're booming.

The US and the EU are currently complaining that the reason China's economy is doing so well compared to the "rest of the world" is because they "unfairly" horde their natural resources and sell them at ridiculously different prices to outside sources than in house Chinese corporations.

Natural resources such as zync, and nickel, there's a LOT more our respective western sides claim they hog, but those are always the first two that come to mind for me.
    Also plus the fact China is gaining more and more access to African resources due to their development of those nations over there, which they then "unfairly" regulate to outside sources.

Just from what I have seen this is the case though, feel free to disagree.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please don't create threads just to provoke or imply nation bashing.