Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm wondering if there's so many sorcerors/sages because the classic Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior archetype is nowhere near as good as they should be. I've heard rumors that they got nerfed pretty bad in beta to stop too many people rolling them on release, which, if true, is totally moronic, as people have proven by just going the other Jedi/Sith archetype; Sorceror/Sage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    I'm wondering if there's so many sorcerors/sages because the classic Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior archetype is nowhere near as good as they should be. I've heard rumors that they got nerfed pretty bad in beta to stop too many people rolling them on release, which, if true, is totally moronic, as people have proven by just going the other Jedi/Sith archetype; Sorceror/Sage.
    I find guardian/juggernaut quite okay, sentinel/marauder on the other hand is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    Even Med IAs are terrible compared to BH and Sorc healers. Usually people only take snipers since they do decent sustained DPS.
    Merc and IA healers are on par, sorcs on the other hand...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    Even Med IAs are terrible compared to BH and Sorc healers. Usually people only take snipers since they do decent sustained DPS.
    You sure about that? There's no dps meters so how you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Meizor View Post
    Because we clear all content on nightmare currently as merc+op healer combo and when we assign groups between us everyone seems to be topped evenly.
    You can also see from the healing amount values and mechanics.

I rolled inquisitor sorcerer on the beta and enjoyed it a lot.
    Story is great and who doesn't want a glow stick? Plus the ability to shoot lightning out of their hands? :P

Like several people mentioned, those are probably the major reason as to why there are so many sorcs out there.

I ended up rolling bounty hunter powertech when live came and I haven't regretted it since. Although I do hate seeing so many sorcs in a WZ when I do decide to do one. :P

I have a Marauder and a Sorc. Eventually I will get around to doing a PT. I love Marauder though, the story for it is so bad-ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    marauders and sentinels played well, do crazy damage, i wouldnt describe them as pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Meizor View Post
    Have you ever played one? Their spell loadout along with their mechanics suck. They're a HoT class with 2 direct heals. One direct heal is a long cast time, the other heal (1.5s cast time) requires Upper Hand/Tactical Advantage. You know how healers get that? They either have to melee, cast their long cast direct heal or hope that one of their HoTs proc it. Recuperative Nanotech, their AoE heal (4 targets get a HoT) is atrocious compared to Revivification (big initial burst of healing with ticks of healing as long as people stand in it).

If you're talking about decent sustained DPS on a Sniper, I've played one. They don't have too many resource issues and do good damage (around the same as my commando) but just need to stay still all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    marauders and sentinels played well, do crazy damage, i wouldnt describe them as pathetic.
    I was talking more of Juggernaut and Jedi Guardian. As tank theyre fine, as dps theyre too squishy, too reliant on survival cds and their damage just seems woefully lacking.

My old guild had something like 12 inquisitors in a 16 man operation once - least 6-8 of them were sorcs, including me. Needlessly to say we didn't stay long in that guild - guild leader doesn't get the concept of class variety and gearing up issues when you have so many of the same classes.

The problem with people attempting Juggernaut DPS is that so many do it all wrong - they still stack their tank stat mods in their gear and not DPS stat mods. I see so many Juggs cry about this, then when I ask what stats they have stacked - it's always more Endurance than anything else. Well, there's your problem with low DPS right there as a Jugg. If you spec Rage, as a Sith Warrior, you need Strength to DPS with some of the secondary stats thrown in (like Crit/Surge).

Instead of swapping mods in and out constantly, just carry a second set of gear with DPS stats on it, watch in amazement as your DPS goes up.

2-3 weeks ago I saw sorcs in warzones. Only sorcs, nothing but sorcs, sorcs as far as the eye could see.

Now I am seeing tons of mercs. Much more so than sorcs. Cant spit without hitting a merc. (I have a merc so I am to blame too)

Then I said eff this Im rolling something I never see... a marauder!!! Dual lightsaber, flying thru the air, KAPANG!!!!

...now I am back to my merc.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    im doing the same ambriel, i levelled a sorc, loved the class hated the server and the faction balance so rolled a vanguard on a new more balanced server and im now levelling a marauder just for lols. yes its hard, i mean a melee glass cannon? how can that work but its great fun. i do fancy levelling a BH though.

Deleted
    Not much of a surprise. The Inquisitor/Councilor classes are those you want to roll if you want to be good in PvP. You have tools for every situation and can either heal and get all those medals or throw taunts from stealth and get the tank medals, in addition to DPS medals. Nevermind doing great damage and healing simultaneously, swooping the floor with everyone else in Huttball as you cna simply throw enemies away, have a multitude of crowd control, slows and utility and probably has some of the most cool-looking spells in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It aggravates me that I am harassed by people who say LOL U CNAT PVP UR A SAGE/SORC. When I made my sorcerer, it wasn't with the intention of being LOLOP. It was because the healing spell synergy was the most similar to my resto shaman. So now that I've played the class a while, I'm actually half-decent at it. But apparently I'm a terrible player because I play a sorcerer and sage.

I apologize to those who are upset by FotM classes, but some of us are just unlucky and picked the class everyone else picked. I guarantee if they're nerfed, I will continue to play mine.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    dont go operative

its extremely boring and underpowered

you're not wanted for anything really. you cant help in WZs, apart from pestering heals. and their pve dps is terrible. melee are already unwanted, and operative is inferior to all other melee.

a group/raid will take a sniper or maybe a med operative. rarely more than 1 IA, just for the 5% crit.
    You have no idea what you're talking about, at all.

In fact you're a fucking idiot kill yourself to save the human race.

They aren't boring and they aren't overpowered, I'm seeing plenty of operatives being invited to premades and raid groups as both dps and heals and we have zero problems with enrages and people dying, melee are far from unwanted, there's only like 2 fights in the entire game where melee have problems.

Infracted; don't flame.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2012-02-20 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rolled my sorc at the time 'cause I intended to go assassin, but...changed my mind early on. Now I'm loving it. I have my own personal tank that I can heal and so far, nothing in PvE is able to kill me if I'm smart with my force usage.

Quote Originally Posted by delnadris View Post
    Most of repub is sages as well. People like play OP classes, obviously. When the nerfbat hits, millions of voices will suddenly cry out in terror and will suddenly be silenced.
    I see what you did there.
    +1

I actually think it's problem that so many people play sages and sorcerers, because I can't stop wondering if they might hold back on potential nerfs in fear of players going: "OMG IMMA QUIT THE GAME MOFOS AND NO U CANT HAEF MY STUFFZ"