Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Still honeymoon period. People will get over it eventually.
    I think alot of people have seen what such mage-like classes do in other games. And with Mesmer i just feel like its one massive CC-fest raining down on you and your friends. And such classes have always been very strong.

    Atleast, if i had to call 1 class OP based on what little information we have my vote is for Mesmer. Just, a hunch ofcourse, but based on what ive seen i think itll be a very frustrating class to play against.

  2. #42
    I find it interesting that of all the race/character gender ratios, Sylvari is the only race with a higher female/male ratio. Considering all the race/player gender ratios are about the same (80% male/20%female/private) that means there is a significant higher amount of guys wanting to play female plants than other female races. You guys are weird.

  3. #43
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    I find it interesting that of all the race/character gender ratios, Sylvari is the only race with a higher female/male ratio. Considering all the race/player gender ratios are about the same (80% male/20%female/private) that means there is a significant higher amount of guys wanting to play female plants than other female races. You guys are weird.
    I assume it has something to do with Sylvari having a somewhat effeminate visual style, and the inadequacy many younger male players would feel by rolling a male character that isn't a big strong tough guy.

  4. #44
    +1, sylvaris are meh

    ah? that wasn't the point?

  5. #45
    Wow only 9.9% female player.
    Be patience I am dyslexic..

  6. #46
    there's way easier ways to meet chicks than games anyway
    never cared if someone was a girl or not ig, as long as they play well enough, that's all i need to know.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    there's way easier ways to meet chicks than games anyway
    never cared if someone was a girl or not ig, as long as they play well enough, that's all i need to know.
    True that.
    Be patience I am dyslexic..

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I assume it has something to do with Sylvari having a somewhat effeminate visual style, and the inadequacy many younger male players would feel by rolling a male character that isn't a big strong tough guy.
    I'm a 6'5 black man who would feel inadequate playing anything that looks weaker than a Charr.
    What are you trying to say, Mif?




    (I'm joking about feeling inadequate, in case you weren't aware. My first alt is going to be a female human mesmer. Dealwithit.)

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I'm a 6'5 black man who would feel inadequate playing anything that looks weaker than a Charr.
    What are you trying to say, Mif?




    (I'm joking about feeling inadequate, in case you weren't aware. My first alt is going to be a female human mesmer. Dealwithit.)
    If that's true I'd be scared to pass you on the sidewalk. ._.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    If that's true I'd be scared to pass you on the sidewalk. ._.
    Don't worry, I exaggerated.


















    I'm only half black.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushkina View Post
    Wow only 9.9% female player.
    One in ten gamers being female? I wish that would be the case =)

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Algor View Post
    One in ten gamers being female? I wish that would be the case =)
    In my age category it gets better: http://gw2census.com/charts.php?pie=...&divide=gender

    12% are female players...

  13. #53
    High Overlord Marn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    165
    Is there a specific age cut-off where a young adult becomes an adult, or is it more of a maturity/mentality thing that's more of a personal interpretation?

  14. #54
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Marn View Post
    Is there a specific age cut-off where a young adult becomes an adult, or is it more of a maturity/mentality thing that's more of a personal interpretation?
    When you tell kids to "get off my lawn"

    ---------- Post added 2012-02-16 at 07:34 AM ----------

    I'd say 25

  15. #55
    i'd say one matures into an adult when he starts taking seriously his mid/long-term future, which imo happens by the time you :
    -end your studies
    -have your first job (not as in the kind of job you take to get some pocket money but more like to pay for your everyday expenses)
    -live by yourself

    depending on people, i'd say that happens between 16 and 30.

  16. #56
    Stood in the Fire Zazajin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Skettis
    Posts
    454
    I chose a Charr Necromancer as I'd be using him for Roleplay.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellgaunt View Post
    In my age category it gets better: http://gw2census.com/charts.php?pie=...&divide=gender

    12% are female players...
    Totally anecdotal, but in my experience female MMO gamers tend to skew older. I've experienced lots of 25 y.o.+ female gamers, but very few in the 14 y.o. range

  18. #58
    Haha, apparently 40% of "noob" players will be playing human thieves. Good to know.

  19. #59
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Algor View Post
    Haha, apparently 40% of "noob" players will be playing human thieves. Good to know.
    Mesmer, not Thief

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Mesmer, not Thief
    You are very much in the right my friend. Weird that someone who considers themselves a "noob" would pick the, arguably, most obscure class. Thief somehow made more sense to me, no offense!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •