Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Male Charr Engineer.

Bend down bitches!

I was a bit worried that Ele and Thief were so far ahead, but it looks a lot more balanced now. Not that it matters I'll play what I find fun after getting everything to a decent level.

I really like the spread of classes, lowest at 9.4% and highest at 14.2%... no classes are completely dominating, although this is before the game is released and people got to play and test these classes fully... i good balance of classes is necessary, it shows that the developers are taking time with each class to appeal to many different types of players... i can see the appeal of the Mesmer, a caster with a HUGE sword making copies of themselves and getting into the fight is something rarely seen in an MMO, usually cloth/caster means stay out of smash and bash of the battle... I will be playing a ranger, as my main... but everyone of the classes has something special and interesting in the different game play from class to class... GW2 looks amazing... i just hope they can achieve the balance, especially in PVP, that most MMOs cannot, *cough*wow*cough*... excuse me!

Interesting, on this census the engineer is the new expected least played class. Previously in most censuses the necromancer was, I wonder how much of the previous engineering pool got relocated to the mesmer. Kind of odd switch to go from engineer to mesmer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Kind of odd switch to go from engineer to mesmer.
    Well there is no accounting for taste

Completely new to gaming
    Casual
    Hardcore

I'm not new to games, I'm not casual and I'm not Hardcore. What to choose?

Deleted
    wish they would use a scatter graph instead showing the information along with time

Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Completely new to gaming
    Casual
    Hardcore

I'm not new to games, I'm not casual and I'm not Hardcore. What to choose?
    So, what are you? A toad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    I think that is what's so awesome about the charr.
    i like the way their heads explode when you shoot a bullet through them
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    So, what are you? A toad?

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else having too much fun/spending too much time looking through all the charts the way I am?

Human Warrior - Young Adult - Hardcore - PvE (Main)
    Norn Guardian - " " - Balanced - PvP
    Human Elementalist -" " -Balanced - PvE

I love warriors a lot. I usually play a caster type of person, but since I started playing LoL (League of Legends) and came across a champion named Leona, I have found that she was very much my style. I feel the mace/shield and 2h mace style warrior goes in both pve and pvp, from what I've seen, will be viable, and is the type of way I like to play.

I suppose it is cliche though since my three choices are also everyone else's choice of the top people who took the census would be.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by IplayHorde View Post
    Human Warrior - Young Adult - Hardcore - PvE (Main)
    Norn Guardian - " " - Balanced - PvP
    Human Elementalist -" " -Balanced - PvE

I love warriors a lot. I usually play a caster type of person, but since I started playing LoL (League of Legends) and came across a champion named Leona, I have found that she was very much my style. I feel the mace/shield and 2h mace style warrior goes in both pve and pvp, from what I've seen, will be viable, and is the type of way I like to play.

I suppose it is cliche though since my three choices are also everyone else's choice of the top people who took the census would be.
    Thats interesting my absolutely favorite champion from LoL is Ahri her play-style is just terrific for me I can't seem to put a match for her though =/ Medium range burst with high mobility, I was thinking maybe Thief or Ele, but we will have to wait and see I suppose. I also LOVE good leonas so lots of <3<3<3 for you shes underplayed at high ELO though which is a shame her late game is just meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    Cool, now only if I could actually pick a race OR a class nevermind a playstyle. I wanna be a sylvari... thief? No I mean a charr warrior, and by char warrior I obviously mean a human necromancer. I think...
    I know what you mean. I change my "100% sure" idea about every 10 minutes. Charr Warrior? Nah I want to be a Guardian. Wait do I still want that to be Charr? etc etc lol Same thing here man.

OT: Cool idea, did you make it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    I know what you mean. I change my "100% sure" idea about every 10 minutes. Charr Warrior? Nah I want to be a Guardian. Wait do I still want that to be Charr? etc etc lol Same thing here man.

OT: Cool idea, did you make it?
    Nah I wish I could take credit, but I found it in some random forum post a couple weeks ago and figured I would share with my favorite GW2 community

Interesting... It seems that player gender is roughly neutral on race (female have a slight over tendency to pick Sylvari, while males have a tendency to pick humans - otherwise it's the same).

http://gw2census.com/charts.php?pie=...ivide=charrace

For picking professions however, there's a vast difference between the sexes. Women absolutely don't want to play Warriors (protective passive aggresive type of profession?) but enjoy pets (Ranger, 3rd place), mind-bending (Mesmer, 2nd place) and raw elemental power (Elementalist, top choice).

http://gw2census.com/charts.php?pie=...charprofession

Men/male players on the other hand absolutely love the warrior profession (protective, passive aggressive anyone?) as the top choice, Guardian a close runner up (shining white knight just lacking a white horse?) and finally Elementalist as third choice.

http://gw2census.com/charts.php?pie=...charprofession

Conclusion?

None really, except if you're single and a guy I'd recommend you roll a male human/sylvari guardian. Why? Depends on if you believe women are attracted to the noble protector and would like to hide behind your shield? So if you have a hard time choosing your race and profession maybe this completely non-scientific statistical analysis can help you choose

I was happily surprised when I saw that the fanbase was 30% female. Then I realized that was the graph for character gender V_V

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellgaunt View Post
    mind-bending (Mesmer, 2nd place)
    proof that women are manipulative!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably going to be Human/Necromancer :P