Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Still honeymoon period. People will get over it eventually.
    I think alot of people have seen what such mage-like classes do in other games. And with Mesmer i just feel like its one massive CC-fest raining down on you and your friends. And such classes have always been very strong.

Atleast, if i had to call 1 class OP based on what little information we have my vote is for Mesmer. Just, a hunch ofcourse, but based on what ive seen i think itll be a very frustrating class to play against.

I find it interesting that of all the race/character gender ratios, Sylvari is the only race with a higher female/male ratio. Considering all the race/player gender ratios are about the same (80% male/20%female/private) that means there is a significant higher amount of guys wanting to play female plants than other female races. You guys are weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    I find it interesting that of all the race/character gender ratios, Sylvari is the only race with a higher female/male ratio. Considering all the race/player gender ratios are about the same (80% male/20%female/private) that means there is a significant higher amount of guys wanting to play female plants than other female races. You guys are weird.
    I assume it has something to do with Sylvari having a somewhat effeminate visual style, and the inadequacy many younger male players would feel by rolling a male character that isn't a big strong tough guy.

+1, sylvaris are meh

ah? that wasn't the point?

Wow only 9.9% female player.
    Be patience I am dyslexic..

there's way easier ways to meet chicks than games anyway
    never cared if someone was a girl or not ig, as long as they play well enough, that's all i need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    there's way easier ways to meet chicks than games anyway
    never cared if someone was a girl or not ig, as long as they play well enough, that's all i need to know.
    True that.
    Be patience I am dyslexic..

I assume it has something to do with Sylvari having a somewhat effeminate visual style, and the inadequacy many younger male players would feel by rolling a male character that isn't a big strong tough guy.
    I'm a 6'5 black man who would feel inadequate playing anything that looks weaker than a Charr.
    What are you trying to say, Mif?

(I'm joking about feeling inadequate, in case you weren't aware. My first alt is going to be a female human mesmer. Dealwithit.)

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I'm a 6'5 black man who would feel inadequate playing anything that looks weaker than a Charr.
    What are you trying to say, Mif?

(I'm joking about feeling inadequate, in case you weren't aware. My first alt is going to be a female human mesmer. Dealwithit.)
    If that's true I'd be scared to pass you on the sidewalk. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    If that's true I'd be scared to pass you on the sidewalk. ._.
    Don't worry, I exaggerated.

I'm only half black.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushkina View Post
    Wow only 9.9% female player.
    One in ten gamers being female? I wish that would be the case =)

Quote Originally Posted by Algor View Post
    One in ten gamers being female? I wish that would be the case =)
    In my age category it gets better: http://gw2census.com/charts.php?pie=...&divide=gender

12% are female players...

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there a specific age cut-off where a young adult becomes an adult, or is it more of a maturity/mentality thing that's more of a personal interpretation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marn View Post
    Is there a specific age cut-off where a young adult becomes an adult, or is it more of a maturity/mentality thing that's more of a personal interpretation?
    When you tell kids to "get off my lawn"

---------- Post added 2012-02-16 at 07:34 AM ----------

I'd say 25

i'd say one matures into an adult when he starts taking seriously his mid/long-term future, which imo happens by the time you :
    -end your studies
    -have your first job (not as in the kind of job you take to get some pocket money but more like to pay for your everyday expenses)
    -live by yourself

depending on people, i'd say that happens between 16 and 30.

I chose a Charr Necromancer as I'd be using him for Roleplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgaunt View Post
    In my age category it gets better: http://gw2census.com/charts.php?pie=...&divide=gender

12% are female players...
    Totally anecdotal, but in my experience female MMO gamers tend to skew older. I've experienced lots of 25 y.o.+ female gamers, but very few in the 14 y.o. range

Deleted
    Haha, apparently 40% of "noob" players will be playing human thieves. Good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algor View Post
    Haha, apparently 40% of "noob" players will be playing human thieves. Good to know.
    Mesmer, not Thief

Deleted
    Mesmer, not Thief
    You are very much in the right my friend. Weird that someone who considers themselves a "noob" would pick the, arguably, most obscure class. Thief somehow made more sense to me, no offense!