Poll: What is your Bounty Hunter?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    in all fairness I have a male PT and a female merc

My Merc Bounty Hunter is female body type 3 because her name is Samus, and she kicks ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to be a jackass about it, yeah, there probably wouldn't be a whole lot of female bounty hunters in a galaxy far far away for the many and varied reasons there aren't a lot of female bounty hunters in a galaxy very very close. If you don't want to be a jackass about it, just remember it's a video game.

Deleted
    I have a male merc but I would totally roll a female one

One word: Vasquez

The female BH is voiced by the same actress who voices Azula, from Avatar. Along with a metric fuckton of other roles. Aside from that, she's amazingly hot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_DeLisle
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    One word: Vasquez
    But Vasquez always dies.

Deleted
    Female Merc! and i love her <3

its the suit that does the work, not you

Actually the Bounty Hunters description says they are all about the tech and armor they wear, so physical strength really isn't a big factor if you want to look at it in a technical way.

There are women in this world who look like supermodels but are more twisted than most wow players and could bring you to tears, there are attractive women in the armed forces of most country's, and most of which can beat the crap out of most the people who play playing computer games, having females in tough roles has come and gone.

When you play computer games all day and don't get a chance to meet people you wont notice how stereotypes fly out the door fast
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

My alt which turned main is a Female Chiss BH - Powertech ... And I made her the Muscular Female body type and frankly it fits PERFECTLY.

The voice fits .. The Look fits .. The character is just awesome. Waiting desperately for Same Sex Romance in 1.2 so I can get go Les for Mako The two just work together perfectly and are an amazing team (In RP respects And In-game Combat).

Deleted
    Vasquez, Sarah Conner, Ripley in Aliens, Trinity, The Bride. Badass women. Tempted to make a Latina Commando called Vasquez using Assault Cannon.

Wait, it took until page 2 to mention Samus Aran?

How about Tank Girl?

I can think of tons...

don't think about it like your female toon is standing in there taking full blows of missles and laser blasts and grenades and anything else thrown at you. Here is how you can think of it, I once seen a post on the WOW forums from a girl who plays a girl tank and was very upset over the girl armor being more conservative in Wrath and beyond because she always pictured her toon being agile with lighter and more revealing armor on dodging attacks. So long story short think of your female tank as more of a ninja and less of a barbarian.

Granted, my gnome warrior was also a girl, so the first thing I did was roll a trooper with the smallest female size and then proceeded to grab the biggest assault cannon I could find. It's just fun, really. I have found in TOR that I just don't care for the male voices/models much though. In most games I have half & half female/male, but in TOR it's all females for me so far.

There's plenty of reasons a woman would go that route, if for no other reason than that the armor and weapons would empower her in the Sith Empire. Can't use the force, so grab a missile rack.

10+ Year Old Account
    simple when making a character (any game/class/race ) would you rather look at a guy all day every day or a female? i say female and have been doing so since i remember

and i just name it simple girl names that you would me across in real life

only downside to "rolling" a female char is when it comes down to sex/romance when you dont really feel comfortable flirting with a guy -.- (even if it is made of pixels)
    Last edited by Achaman; 2012-02-13 at 07:41 AM.

Deleted
    So let me get this straight... You need to find justification for a tank bounty hunter being a woman, because "women are small" or "women aren't as strong as men" or some other crazy shit like that?

First of all, as others have pointed out, bounty hunters wear powered armor. In theory, then, the physical strength of the person inside means absolutely nothing. Secondly, have you even looked at the body type 3 model? Also, wouldn't being fast and nimble and avoiding all those missiles and saber strikes be much better than being a clumsy lumbering oaf just standing there taking all the damage, hoping your armor doesn't blow to bits?

Now, it feels to me like your teenage testosterone is clouding your mind. People here have given you good examples of tough women in movies and such, but you can go on Google and type in cris cyborg. There's a real life example of a woman, 173 cm tall and 65 kilos of pure muscle, who trains with men most likely three times your size, and who could undoubtedly put you in a coma were you to get into a ring with her. Now make her some other species that can be even stronger than humans, then have her wear a powered armor.

I fail to see the problem here, but then again I can't see inside people's heads, which is where this particular problem lies.

I'm an adult male and I'm all the other way around, I can't stand male characters, never play them and overall trying to make my character as attractive as only possible. My wow character was a human fem dps warrior and she's still my most beloved character, even though I quit wow long ago. My swtor main is a female dps commando. I love the whole unlikely combination of an attractive female in a warrior/soldier boots and I can't stand the stereotypical "big strong male warrior/soldier" thing and I can't really understand why people keep playing those. Matter of tastes, I suppose or overcompensation, I don't know or maybe immaturity. There's just some special feeling of pure awesomeness when you kill this huge ugly orc or undead or sith with your sexy fem warrior/trooper, it's just undescribable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    But Vasquez always dies.
    So do bounty hunters when I fight them with my trooper.
    Last edited by VincentWolf; 2012-02-13 at 08:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I have both a female merc and a female powertech..
    I don't see the problem tbh.

But then again, I'd have a problem playing a male character.. maybe it's just different strokes etc