Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    np! if you got any more questions feel free to ask and i will answer them.

Deleted
    Nearly all of those macros are obsolete with Bartender (Configurable focus modifiers) and Gladius (right click enemy frame for instant focus) two pretty commonly used addons. The mouseover ones are useful though

right click enemy frame takes too much time then to instantly move your finger .1 inch just to change focus instantly. Its much faster to be able to do z x c to change through your focuses 3 times. And bar tender having their own focus macros doesn't make these useful or not. Thats just another way to do it lol. And ive never got bar tender nor plan to so i don't have that configurable focuses.
    Last edited by Zeusy; 2012-02-25 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where does the h-lightning rod stack up against the other weapons? The SP/Haste is epic and the hit allows you to drop all other hit gear. Any input on this? I have the reg rathrak atm, so I'm just wondering which would be better when I do get the h-rod.
    i hate people
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiphanes View Post
    It's a game. It's not real life nor will it ever be. If you want true recognition for being good at something, go play a sport and send us a link to a live stream of you winning the Gold at the next World Olympics. Until then, shut the f*ck up.

I've never heard any discussion or never had a thought about h-rod. While the spellpower, and haste on it is nice. The hit is kind of pointless because full PvP gear will give you hit cap. It also has no proc on it like the other weapons do. I would prolly only recommend it if you couldnt get a heroic,normal,legendary,t2 weapon. even tho im not sure though, try it out and see how you like it, this is just my input on it.
    The resil you are dropping for the staff just isn't worth it. Generally Locks like to run full resillence gear unless you are giving it up for something VERY good. Resil pvp trinket for cunning of the cruel or 2200 weapon for proc on heroic rathrak/normal for rbgs etc...

I would say stick to your normal rathrak until you can get a 2200 weapon, or a heroic rathrak.
    Last edited by Zeusy; 2012-02-25 at 08:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll try messing around with it when I get home after work tonight. The +hit gear that you have to take are the gloves and a ring. I think everything else has another option. Reforging out of those and reforging the hit to something else on the staff only puts you at like 3.82% (I'll have to recheck that when I get home, but thats the number I came up with on the napkin - seems wrong?). Ill take a look later to see the correct amount after reforging everything with BiS pvp gear and the h-rod.

I was just wondering if The huge boost in stats and SP was worth losing a few hundred resil and the proc. 20% haste is friggin nuts in full pvp gear.
    i hate people
    It's a game. It's not real life nor will it ever be. If you want true recognition for being good at something, go play a sport and send us a link to a live stream of you winning the Gold at the next World Olympics. Until then, shut the f*ck up.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...usyqt/advanced is currently how i run. If i were to drop wep and oh it would bring me so low on resil i would be forced to gem or drop cunning. removing cunning is something i really don't want to lose as the static int + proc is amazing. I prefer to gem full int gems and i like to sit at a solid 4500-4600 resil+. The only thing you would gain really from the hit is allowing you to change to crit belt while still using mastery braces. I just personally don't like the idea of going this low on resil and losing the rathrak proc when it can sometimes do 5-10% of your damage depending on what you're doing.

Its really up to your personal opinion after you try all this i guess, im just giving my feedback on what i feel personally.

Maybe if you dont have a cunning, and run double pvp at arond 5100 resil i would say it would be okay to do it but idk really.

10+ Year Old Account
    With my luck and how things are looking, I will prolly get h-rod before cunning. I dont even have the lfr yet. So with my resil, it might actually be good. I don't know as of yet. Ill tinker around and come back in a few days.
    i hate people

ya like really idk. the sp is kind of a big differnce but so is 400 resil. I know some top locks dont run a single piece of pve gear and run 5100 resil. Its going to be your call man

The amount of resil you run is going to be based on comp. I've seen 2500 locks use resil on-use with a heroic cunning in their bags. If you run RLS you will want more resil since not many teams will go for the rogue and just sit on you until your shaman pokes his head out. In MLS or shadowplay you probably don't need as much resil since you won't likely be trained. The ICD change to cunning has broken so many blinds and saps for me recently. I have the LFR one and it's so tempting just to throw on the cata trinket but cunning ends up doing like 7% of my damage at the end of some long games.

Bane of doom is awesome if the team doesn't have a decurse. It will do more overall damage than bane of agony and ticks in bursts. Unfortunately you can only have 1 so you will have to be careful with soul swaps as it will replace the one on your inhale target. Also you have to judge whether or not your target is going to block/bubble quickly in which case bane of agony might be better. I can sometimes get away with having it up on a water ele or hunter or lock pet even if their healer can dispel curses.

I've never taken my cunning off now, 4550 resil is fine to run for me imo as RLS which is when i get trained every game. In MLS i would say you could drop to 4250ish but going below 4k is so low you can die instantly it feels. Shadowplay everyone goes on lock so im not sure why you would say locks don't get trained on there. I've never really witnessed my cc being broken from cunning, i guess you are dotting your fears on healers so cunning procs on it? idk..
    and there are so many things that make doom bad its just better to use agony.

I just don't see a reason to change resillence, i just always run full pvp with cunning on it and i like it very much. If you don't have cunning for arenas running 5050ish is what i would do
    Last edited by Zeusy; 2012-02-26 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellaimed View Post
    I have no idea what RLS, MLS, MLP, shadowcleave etc mean....

I am not a huge pvper but I would like to try get into it. I haev liek 4k resil right now so I know that is enough to do decently in arena.

P.S. Please dont be an ass because I dont know the PVP language... THANKS!!
    Slightly off-topic, but on this same note... Where the hell did "cleave" come from? The first time I ever heard it used was "beast cleave", but that had nothing to do with hitting multiple targets (just enraging animals).

Ok, so having spent the weekend PvP'ing, I have a few questions...

Rogues - What. The. Fuck? How do I deal with them? I can tell some of the ones I've lost to are bad, but I'm playing worse and losing.
    Death Knights - Same as above, but extra deathly frustration.

Any tips for dealing with these 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but on this same note... Where the hell did "cleave" come from? The first time I ever heard it used was "beast cleave", but that had nothing to do with hitting multiple targets (just enraging animals).
    I believe its called shadowcleave because the lock spreads dots to everyone which are shadow dots.. and the dk spreads diseases to everyone which are shadow. Therefore the shadow aoe damage cleaves you down.

---------- Post added 2012-02-27 at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Ok, so having spent the weekend PvP'ing, I have a few questions...

Rogues - What. The. Fuck? How do I deal with them? I can tell some of the ones I've lost to are bad, but I'm playing worse and losing.
    Death Knights - Same as above, but extra deathly frustration.

Any tips for dealing with these 2?
    Rogues, there is not much you can really do. If its a duel i typically go demon armour and swap to fel after they do there opening garrote kidney or however they open. Once i howl them / fear them then i go fel and put full dots and curses up. then i run the opposite way of the fear pathing and trying to get as far as i can away from them. Make sure you have something for his dance so you can maybe trniket kidney and howl dance / coil dance.. Always health stone with demon up as it adds alot more health from it. If it's RBGs and you are defending a node just have your port on the node and be max distance with your pet ready to stop a ninja cap. Have a healthstone and soulstone ready and you better call out a rogue is on you as soon as you get sapped.

Arenas you just have to deal with the rogue on you if he decides to train you. Fake kicks/counterspells from the other team and you will be able to deal with it as long as your partner is doing something too.

Dks, one thing to note is that you can blanket spell lock them to fear them as they can't ams or mind freeze while silenced. Try to kite as much as you can and when he grips port away. With shadowflame / Curse of exhaust this should give you some breathing room. ams and lichbourne will give you problems but if you can't get away remember to fel flame your UA to keep it up and haunt whenever you can as it adds alot of damage. Try to not demonsoul if he will interupt you. This is why i like to start out with a blanket into fear into full demonsoul dots. If he ams' i just cast them right after and kite with shadowflame/coex.
    Last edited by Zeusy; 2012-02-27 at 10:08 PM.

I tried to run shadowplay with my friends last night (Spriest, shaman, and Lock (me) ) And it brought up a couple questions.
    1) Despite keeping trying to keep my dots up on everyone for the whole game it felt like I was doing nothing. Should I just try to keep them up on 2 people so that its always up?

2) I was rolling fears on them trying to give my shadow priest room to breath and cast but he was just getting sat. I was wondering if you've learned any general tricks for shadowplay to get the pressure rolling

I'll probably come back with more questions because I really want to play shadow play but my friends were crushed :> (we typically run RMP)
    Last edited by swiftmaul; 2012-02-28 at 06:07 PM. Reason: tested out the healthstone macro and got it thanks :)

I've only ran shadowplay once and it was earlier this season with a full vicious geared priest ( behind about 800+sp) and it went amazingly well. We started 12-0 at 2200ish mmr I'm not really sure what he did to get his damage out but every team would go on either of us..

typically a warlock free casting is a lot more deadly than a spriest. Eventually your shadow priest should be able to get his big damage out. Whether he has to fake cast to get vts or sit more in the back and use mind spikes while interrupted. If they are really going to never leave your spriest then have him sit farther in the back and you can sit closer to their healer and get some fears and dots on him too. If you are really able to run dots on all 3 people and even on pets your damage should be overwhelming. Don't forget to keep tongues/elements/weakness up also as needed.

I'm not sure what comps you are really facing, but in general as the lock curses/dots/fears is your main job and your dots should be enough to destroy the other team. Maybe your spriest wasn't fake casting im not really sure but if he is getitng a vt up and mind flaying, eventually with a aoe fear on the dps with UA he should be able to do massive damage with wings.

Yes going demon armour is very big i feel, also when you soul harvest whenever go demon armour. 30% more heals is no joke. I know i've gotten like 43k healthstone heals before

Thank you very much for the response! I need to work on keeping my tongues/elements/ and weakness up on them. We also just kept running into melee comps so they were all over the spriest and we were playing really defensive! If I can get them to try it again I'll work with him on fake casting and time a good fear bomb to turn the pressure on them.

its very important that you get fears on their healer and keep your dots and pet on the kill target. Csing the healer/fearing him will be the only way to get them defensive. and your priest staying as far back as he can.

I tried 2's with my resto shaman friend, but I just felt like I was doing almost no damage compared to the bursty melee we faced.

If we're against an mdps + healer, should I focus most of my effort on damaging the healer? Or should I be more focused on the mdps and giving my healer a break?
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

I'm not sure on your gear but it depends on what your shaman needs. I faced a priest warrior and i got the priest to 70k from multidotting with haunt and pet on the warrior. 3 fears and a cs on the priest he got so behind in healing i just popped demonsoul and killed the priest very quickly. If you are fearing 3 times into a hex/blanket/spelllock on cast you should be able to cause enough pressure for the healer to use cds on the melee. I know right now i have like 10875 SP with just flametongue and my pressure is very crazy in 2s under 2k mmr