Tinket question for affliction

i have CoC WoU and and the IoCM trinkets normal mode versions which two are best for affliction as i am somewhat new to the spec. Also does WoU reset stacks from dot ticks? Such as during the drain soul phase. TY all.

I believe CoC and IoCM are bis for allf but check that to be sure. WOU does not reset on ticks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcshiz View Post
    I believe CoC and IoCM are bis for allf but check that to be sure. WOU does not reset on ticks
    You can just press Drain Soul in the middle of the channel to refresh the duration of WOU and it isn't a dps loss..*

Deleted
    CoC + WoU is BIS of those

You can indeed just refresh your drainsoul after atick to refresh the WoU stack!

The one thing I've never quite understood about execute phase, well I thought I did until recently, is do we refresh haunt when it falls off to keep it the haunt debuff and stacks for SE? I always did, waited 1 tick after haunt came off CD then cast it, then went back to Drain Soul (not just with WoU btw). Recently talking to people they told me that is a DPS loss and I should finish my DS channel. That doesn't seem like it could ever be a DPS increase to me, but if it is could someone let me know and if possible the reasoning behind it? Thanks

While were on the topic of trinkets which of the 397 trinkets are best for destruction oh and thx all for the great help.

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    CoC and IotCM are the best. Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Trinket-lists.
    Thread not updated to reflect simcraft modeling WoU properly now. WoU and CoC are definitely going to give you the best results, assuming they're all from the same difficulty level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    The one thing I've never quite understood about execute phase, well I thought I did until recently, is do we refresh haunt when it falls off to keep it the haunt debuff and stacks for SE? I always did, waited 1 tick after haunt came off CD then cast it, then went back to Drain Soul (not just with WoU btw). Recently talking to people they told me that is a DPS loss and I should finish my DS channel. That doesn't seem like it could ever be a DPS increase to me, but if it is could someone let me know and if possible the reasoning behind it? Thanks
    That sounds weird to me, as i'm pretty sure (actually haven't checked in ages) that DS would loose the haunt as its on the fly debuff Oo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkuggz View Post
    That sounds weird to me, as i'm pretty sure (actually haven't checked in ages) that DS would loose the haunt as its on the fly debuff Oo
    This is correct. If haunt \ SE falls of during the drain soul cast, it no longer benefits from it. Whoever told you that it doesn't, aceshigh, is making incorrect assumptions about mechanics. You want to always click drain soul to refresh Haunt \ SE, just make sure it is after a tick.*