Performance Tweaks and Tips for AMD Users.

As someone who has had some issues in the past with my crossfire setup for this game I believe I have found the best balance inn visual quality and performance for the game in general. Below I have documented some information which should help boost FPS in general and also greatly help AMD Crossfire users.

My Setup:

Intel Core i5 2500K
    3GB RAM
    2x Radeon HD 6770 in Crossfire

RIFT Tweak Guide for AMD Users (A lot of this will still likely improve Nvidia users performance but I cannot verify the results)

Crossfire
    ---------

Download RadeonPro and create a RIFT profile.

Force Anisotropic Filtering x16 via RadeonPro to override the in-game setting.

Force the crossfire profile 'AFR Friendly D3D' and set the MVPUMode to 'Alternate Frame Rendering'.

(I have found that using overclocking software like AMD Overdrive can also decrease performance when using Crossfire)

Config Tweaks
    -------------

Open up your 'rift.cfg' file and look for the following lines.

Code:
    LightingComplexity = 1.000000
    VfxCullDistance = 256
    VFXLimit = 750
    And change them to the following:

Code:
    LightingComplexity = 10.000000
    VfxCullDistance = 256
    VFXLimit = 7500
    In-game Settings
    ----------------

I find the following options to affect FPS the most and have adjusted accordingly.

Ground Clutter Density
    I find setting this to 0 and removing the grass sprites boosts my FPS by such a great deal that it's just not worth having this setting on. If you MUST have the grass, setting it to <5 is best.

Ground Clutter Radius
    I find setting this to a higher number actually gives me higher FPS than a lower option.

Shader Complexity
    I find setting this to 10 (Max) actually gives me higher FPS than a lower option.

Anti-Aliasing
    Just no. I have a solution for this below, but steer clear of the in-game one.

Shadows
    I have this set to Full and not experiencing any issues, but setting this to None will of course yield greater FPS.

Ambient Occulusion
    Set this to OFF if you are having FPS issues. Not much of a drop in visual quality.

Fullscreen FX
    I find this setting to personally be ugly so I have it off but it doesn't affect frame rate too much, turning it off will increase FPS by about 5-10.

If you still find yourself having issues, try turning Vysnc OFF.

With the exception of the above I'm running the rest of the options on the Ultra preset and it play's at a nice 60-70FPS while questing, dropping down to a respectable 30-40FPS in higher populated areas such as Sanctum/Meridian. Before these tweaks I would drop down to 15-20FPS in some areas.

Visual Quality Tweaks
    -----------------------------

FXAA (Alternative to built in AA)

I am personally using the following FXAA Injector to add in alternative AA to the game without the substantional performance drop that the built in SuperSampling option currently gives. If you would like to do the same I have provided a quick guide with download links below.

Download the latest version of the FXAA Injector here (can't post links so please remove spaces)

assembla dot com/spaces/fxaa-pp-inject/documents

Once you've downloaded the file extract all the contents to your RIFT Directory and run the FXAA_Tool.exe and disable all options EXCEPT for FXAA.

Start up RIFT and use the 'Pause/Break' key to enable/disable the effect.

(I personally also use the 'Bloom' option set to to 5 to give a more subtle alternative to the built in Fullscreen FX)

Hope this helps someone!

I'm sure there's a number of players who'll appreciate this information. I do hate to sidetrack the potential discussion, but why on earth are you running a 2500k, 6770's in crossfire, yet only 3gb of RAM? I didn't even think it was possible at this point to run an odd number of RAM.

Deleted
    He's probably still on a 32bit OS

I am running x64 Windows but I only have 3GB ram in my machine, ill hopefully upgrade to 8GB soon.

Hmm I seem to be doing something wrong the FXAA injector crashes my game, I have a HD6950 and I turned everything off except FXAA/Bloom and I have no idea why it keeps crashing. I copied the contents of the MyGame into the RIFT Game folder =\
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895