Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Nothing to press for 5-6 seconds all the fight HELP!

There are some times during fights and its started to happen often for about 2-3 weeks is some times i got nothing to press for 5-6 seconds. This really puts a gap in my dps if anyone has any suggestions please post them in this thread, Also if any one else is having/had this problem please post on how you fixed it/how it happend

Thanks for Reading.

P.S Im in Unholy Presence

This is my Armory Link:
    Schyer - Draenor EU

What is your rotation and stuff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    What is your rotation and stuff?
    I start off with Outbreak and pop my macro as stated at the end then my next move's depends if i have a Killing Machine proc if so i obliterate strike or if im High on RP i dump it with FS but the thing is some times i got nothing to press for 5-6 seconds and my dps drops about 3k dps i just dont understand why is it a dk bugg or a presence bug or somthing im not interly shore

#showtooptip Pillar of Frost
    /use Pillar of Frost
    /startattack
    /use Necrotic Boneplate Gauntlets
    /use Raise Dead
    /use Blood Fury

Im a bit confused, youre saying all runes are on cd for 5-6s? And you have 0 rp to spend as well?

I just play my dk as an alt, but i cant remember ever having to just autoattack for more than a few seconds (nowhere close to five). You sure youre taking all abilities into account?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Im a bit confused, youre saying all runes are on cd for 5-6s? And you have 0 rp to spend as well?

I just play my dk as an alt, but i cant remember ever having to just autoattack for more than a few seconds (nowhere close to five). You sure youre taking all abilities into account?
    I can asure you that im using all 3 of my abilites and there all on CD and i just atuo attack for a good few seconds im not sure tbh at this moment

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schyer View Post
    I can asure you that im using all 3 of my abilites and there all on CD and i just atuo attack for a good few seconds im not sure tbh at this moment
    deathknights only use 3 abilities now?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sitting on runes waiting for KM procs or something ? What you're saying makes no sense. Should log a fight where this happens and post it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Are you sitting on runes waiting for KM procs or something ? What you're saying makes no sense. Should log a fight where this happens and post it.
    What im trying to say is this:
    Ill use Ultraxion as a example sometimes during the encounter ALL my abilities are on CD for a good 4-5 seconds there is no ability to use

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you using your horn of winter and blood tap? If not, then consider doing so, because hoW will give you +10 RP, and BT will re-activate one of your death runes, which can be used for a howling blast which will give you +20 RP. If you weren´t at 0 RP when you started this, you probably will have enough for a FS which (with some luck) activate your Runic Empowerment and refund you a rune.

As a side note, as the others before me have stated, please post any logs you might have, which would make it easier to find the specific issue which is causing this.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    this happens to me occassionally, switch to Frost presence, you GCD will be slower, and your swings will be slower, (these things eat up the dead time) but you'll do MOAR Deeps with each hit. (which will compensate for the slower swings.)
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

are you using blood tap and empowered rune weapon correctly? make sure to use blood tap when your obliterate runes are on cd to smooth things out....

And don't forget Horn of Winter for RP if you can't use anything else.

What im trying to say is this:
    Ill use Ultraxion as a example sometimes during the encounter ALL my abilities are on CD for a good 4-5 seconds there is no ability to use
    Try using CLC DK. I have this problem too but to a lesser extent since I've started using this addon. Sometimes Runic empow doesn't proc, horn is on CD and you're just sitting there doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    are you using blood tap and empowered rune weapon correctly? make sure to use blood tap when your obliterate runes are on cd to smooth things out....

And don't forget Horn of Winter for RP if you can't use anything else.
    Frankly I'd rather use the ability to safely activate PoF. If you're out of runes blood tap won't grant you an instant oblit.

Quote Originally Posted by themightysven View Post
    this happens to me occassionally, switch to Frost presence, you GCD will be slower, and your swings will be slower, (these things eat up the dead time) but you'll do MOAR Deeps with each hit. (which will compensate for the slower swings.)
    This is a rather strange advice.
    Last edited by Pokot; 2012-02-12 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by themightysven View Post
    Are you saying switch to Frost Presence as a full-time thing? Or switch to Frost Presence when you run out of RP and Runes to use?

Either way, this will not help, but hinder performance.

Logs would be extremely helpful in diagnosing dps issues...

Otherwise this post is useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Logs would be extremely helpful in diagnosing dps issues...

Otherwise this post is useless.

I dont think there is a way to find out when/how it happend but it happens randomly ive got nothing to press and its been happeing ALOT more often than
    normal Blood tap on CD Empower Rune Weapon on Cd also

But i cannot link so search through EU realms > Draenor > Luce > 09/02/2012 Thursday the recent raid

I dont think there is a way to find out when/how it happend but it happens randomly ive got nothing to press and its been happeing ALOT more often than
    normal Blood tap on CD Empower Rune Weapon on Cd also

But i cannot link so search through EU realms > Draenor > Luce > 09/02/2012 Thursday the recent raid
    Ask and you shall receive - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/pehtdmj2xdzmv1vm/

I'll post again when I've got something for you

Can you narrow down a timeframe we can look at?
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2012-02-12 at 03:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Ask and you shall receive

I'll post again when I've got something for you
    Thanks alot dude im gonna hit the bed for now hope i have a response in the morning i really apreciate it thanks!

Either I'm missing something or you have zero blood taps for any of your kills.

HUGE dps loss.

---------- Post added 2012-02-12 at 03:31 AM ----------

These logs show buffs cast:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/pehtd.../10/?enc=kills <- your log showing zero blood tap uptime

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bd...s/0/?enc=kills <- my log showing 29.3% uptime

Granted my dk alt is unholy but it makes no difference.

Also very low uptime on Blood Fury, only 8%. Also only 11 Horn of Winters vs my 78.

Not saying I'm amazing or anything just giving some advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    Either I'm missing something or you have zero blood taps for any of your kills.

HUGE dps loss.

---------- Post added 2012-02-12 at 03:31 AM ----------

These logs show buffs cast:

Granted my dk alt is unholy but it makes no difference.

Also very low uptime on Blood Fury, only 8%. Also only 11 Horn of Winters vs my 78.

Not saying I'm amazing or anything just giving some advice.
    Thanks for that ill keep that in mind but personly i dont see how i have 8% Blood Fury as its macroed into my CD That i press every Min