I'm sure you'll do fine! Just remember to not turtle. One of the few things that irritates me about lancers....They think all they need to do is taunt and block, but there's more to tanking than that. :\

I was thinking about having a go at tanking with my warrior. Got to level 26 since the F2P announcement. It doesn't really look like play style would differ too much from DPSing though. Switch to to defensive stance and make sure you use block/taunt as well as the normal attacks. I am sure I have a lot to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezera View Post
    I was thinking about having a go at tanking with my warrior. Got to level 26 since the F2P announcement. It doesn't really look like play style would differ too much from DPSing though. Switch to to defensive stance and make sure you use block/taunt as well as the normal attacks. I am sure I have a lot to learn.
    Warrior tanking was actually the most fun I had tanking in an mmo before they added warrior block. When bluehole said they were adding some type of warrior "parry" system I wasn't expecting it to be almost a pure block and dodging would be reduced drastically.

ah I miss it...

The only thing that annoys me is when my Teleport Jaunt skill bugs and I take damage because of it.

Like I use it and it teleports me like 10m away then teleports me back to where I was and since it has a small casting time it's like I'm just stunning myself for no reason.

I hope they fix it.

man i hate canada isp 90 gb cap per month sucks

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Warrior tanking was actually the most fun I had tanking in an mmo before they added warrior block. When bluehole said they were adding some type of warrior "parry" system I wasn't expecting it to be almost a pure block and dodging would be reduced drastically.

ah I miss it...
    I hope it still retains some enjoyment. I did participate in my first dungeon yesterday as dps and was impressed with how dynamic it felt. I am looking forward to trying tanking.

ah I miss it...
    Wait, what?! Warrior...has a Block!? Why? Does this replace another ability, or is it just added to the list? You stated "and dodging would be reduced drastically", explain.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 09:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nezera View Post
    I hope it still retains some enjoyment. I did participate in my first dungeon yesterday as dps and was impressed with how dynamic it felt. I am looking forward to trying tanking.
    I remember running the 1st dungeon back in beta, with a Zerker, Lancer and myself as an Archer, all of us 2-3 levels lower than the quests for the dungeon. The other two players quit in the entrance, and we didn't feel like searching again so we pressed forward. We each died once, and the Zerker died a second time vs the boss, but we made it through. However, when we attacked the boss w/o clearing the last room, which then aggroed everything in said room, I thought we were done for. This was probably some of the most fun I had in the game at that point, coupled by not needing a healer and thus breaking the trinity.

These clowns still have IP restrictions for both versions, that's ridiculous.

Stood in the Fire
    So happy that this game is going F2P. I love the game, but my friends quit and I got bored of playing alone. I'm sure the playerbase will become much bigger once F2P launches.

Bloodsail Admiral thewallofsleep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    So happy that this game is going F2P. I love the game, but my friends quit and I got bored of playing alone. I'm sure the playerbase will become much bigger once F2P launches.
    If they can get the launcher sorted out so people can download and play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    IP restrictions as in location restrictions? I.e. US can't play on EU servers?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

i will try to play it tomorow if i i like it i will go buy tera on amazon just to get the founder account type idk if i can live whit 72 bank space lol

Quote Originally Posted by holyevil44 View Post
    i will try to play it tomorow if i i like it i will go buy tera on amazon just to get the founder account type idk if i can live whit 72 bank space lol
    It's hard living with an inventory that small.

A bank? *shudder*
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Wait, what?! Warrior...has a Block!? Why? Does this replace another ability, or is it just added to the list? You stated "and dodging would be reduced drastically", explain.
    Yes, warrior has the equivalent of block.
    Warrior and Lancer has an additional resource bar called "Resolve". This is for their block and dodge / backstep for lancer.
    For warrior it costs 500 / 400glyphed to dodge and costs 50 resolve per .5 second to hold down block.
    Lancer, backstep 200, block is the same.
    Warrior has 1200 resolve.
    Lancer has 1500.

Warrior has in addition a "death from above" which is a 3 second (prior to attack speed increases) invincibility + damage with a 10 second / 7 second glyph cool down.
    Attacks increases your resolve per hit and depending on what kind of attack.

Warrior has a base move speed of 120 and Lancer has a base move speed of 105. Warriors are in essence more flexible and agile, but a lot of people don't really like to use it. =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    ??
    I've had EU people play on the US with no trouble.

but a lot of people don't really like to use it. =\
    Because it's no longer necessary unless you are soling bams in offensive stance. Or the occasional big aoe you have to move out of which won't ever appear enough to matter.

Because it's no longer necessary unless you are soling bams in offensive stance. Or the occasional big aoe you have to move out of which won't ever appear enough to matter.
    Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the block addition. I wasn't one of those warriors that tanked and made the boss go absolutely insane and spin around. Still was a lot more fun without block.

Question: If I used the "PLAY-TERA" code on the Tera Europe website, will you get the "unlimited" trial or the 7 days trial?

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    IP restrictions as in location restrictions? I.e. US can't play on EU servers?
    I recall some asian countries are unable to connect to the European/US versions of the game.
    Don't know how it is for the US, but Europeans can play just fine on the US servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaela View Post
    I recall some asian countries are unable to connect to the European/US versions of the game.
    Don't know how it is for the US, but Europeans can play just fine on the US servers.
    lets hope the brazill people wont be able to come to na and get they own server

does anyone know what will be the positive of subbing when it goes F2P? will there be horrible level restrictions like wow?
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out