Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    So, when I got a book that teaches me the outlaw thing (I'm on a PvP server).

If I'm not outlaw, can other players kill me? I'm confused about it (I read their guide).
    Outlaws can attack every other player outside of safezones but they can be attacked by everyone else aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    okaaaaay saw a video explaining the cash shop a bit.....
    they sayt they are going to start off with like fourty items and i quote: "some of them are currently aviable in game from a dungeon or merchandise"
    so you can basicaly buy EPIX 0.O
    Where did you see this video? I can't find anything.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by derp singed View Post
    Outlaws can attack every other player outside of safezones but they can be attacked by everyone else aswell.
    So, let me see if I understood: If I'm an outlaw I can attack anyone (even those who are not outlaw) but only outlaw can attack me (even if I attack someone who is not an outlaw they can't attack me).

So there is no point in not being an outlaw right?

I played few more hours into it. Its an interesting game with interactive things. However its easy to not understand how everything works. They could made it more user friendly. The combat is not impressive but the story line more then makes up for that. High Quality Graphics. Good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    So, let me see if I understood: If I'm an outlaw I can attack anyone (even those who are not outlaw) but only outlaw can attack me (even if I attack someone who is not an outlaw they can't attack me).

So there is no point in not being an outlaw right?
    If I read what you quoted correctly, an outlaw can attack ANYONE, but can be attacked by ANYONE. If you're not an outlaw, you can still attack outlaws, but non-outlaws can't attack you and vice versa.

Of course, I wouldn't know. I haven't played TERA in ages.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2013-01-12 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    If I read what you quoted correctly, an outlaw can attack ANYONE, but can be attacked by ANYONE. If you're not an outlaw, you can still attack outlaws, but non-outlaws can't attack you and vice versa.

Of course, I wouldn't know. I haven't played TERA in ages.
    Ok got it. Thanks

how does one become an outlaw?

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    how does one become an outlaw?
    After you leave the island (level 11) you receive a quest in the city that gives you a book (or piece of paper w/e) that teaches you how to become an outlaw.

It's only available in PvP servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Yeah, for some reason it goes up to 45 ish during install, had to move another game off the SSD to make room until it was finished and reduced to around 26.
    Makes a bit of sense. A lot of times files are downloaded to a temporary file / directory and then installed, then those temporary files get deleted when it's finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasstapp View Post
    So.... how big is it? I'm on like 22GB now and I'm only about one third through the download D:
    Mine says 25-26GB.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Where did you see this video? I can't find anything.
    here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Mine says 25-26GB.
    Sounds right my finished installed folder of Tera is 25.8GB.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar

I really want to play Tera

I'd really like the chance to try out Tera Online. But, they make it so DAMN hard to even try. I've spent the past 5 hours trying to get my access codes and confirmation for device access and now waiting for the client to download. it has been going from downloading to "unable to download manifest" for the past hour. I've gone through the steps of turning off P2P, rebooting, etc. Oh, and I can't seem to get to the forums for Tera Online because it just keeps taking me to the account verification page. Any help?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I'd really like the chance to try out Tera Online. But, they make it so DAMN hard to even try. I've spent the past 5 hours trying to get my access codes and confirmation for device access and now waiting for the client to download. it has been going from downloading to "unable to download manifest" for the past hour. I've gone through the steps of turning off P2P, rebooting, etc. Oh, and I can't seem to get to the forums for Tera Online because it just keeps taking me to the account verification page. Any help?
    As far as the verification goes I was just chatting to someone that waited like 6 hours for the verification e-mail. All of sudden he got like 15 e-mails at once since he was spamming it and it finally got caught up.

As far as the manifest issue goes it was somewhat annoying but check out the FAQ on the Enmasse site that might have some fixes for you. It cleared my problem anyways.

Check out this post see if it helps:

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...nload-Metadata

Good luck.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Thanks for the quick response Azuri. I've already tried some of those tips, but I went ahead and tried them again. Nada. Guess I won't be trying Tera anytime soon.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Any news about the leveling? Did they reduce the EP or give us a way to skip it? Just thinking back to the awful leveling reduces my hype to replay Tera close to zero.

okaaaaay saw a video explaining the cash shop a bit.....
    they sayt they are going to start off with like fourty items and i quote: "some of them are currently aviable in game from a dungeon or merchandise"
    so you can basicaly buy EPIX 0.O
    here you go:
    You can really only draw the buying epics conclusion if you ignore the fact that she immediately clarifies by giving examples like teleport scrolls and summoning scrolls.

"We are going to start with about 40 items in the item shop. Some of which are currently also available for gold from merchants or can be looted from dungeons. We have on the one hand wonderful costumes which have no impact on your stats but simply look good. Then we've got comfort items such as the teleporter scroll and items that let you summon shops. These items don't disrupt the game's balancing, they simply make the game more comfortable in some way."
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-01-13 at 01:09 AM.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

To be fair, there are item shop scrolls from events sometimes. I still have some in my bank that I never use cause... I don't, >.>

Convenience doesn't mean pay to win. Convenience just means being lazy, :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    From what I gather it could be a routing issue, which may or may not be their fault. One of the fixes for the launcher is to modify your hosts file, which means they either have a cluster/DC down, or they are providing a direct IP instead of routing through DNS. As a SAS provider in TX, we have clients in OH that will occasionally be unable to log into our software because a router between here and there decided to go down. Some of these locations may only be a few miles apart, but there is nothing we can do other than change their settings to go direct to IP (which is generally not what you want to do).
    The thing is, I purchased the game around the time it was originally released (maybe a month or so later), and I never had this kind of problem downloading and installing it. I had hangups such as the "Unable to retrieve manifest" BS, but restarting the launcher eventually resulted in success. I never had this endless "Applying Patch" nonsense or the "host" error I'm getting now. The thing is, the last time I ran the launcher, it didn't give me the host error, but it hung up on applying patch for a ridiculous number of hours (never finished). I just wonder what changed with the launcher since this past spring/summer that makes me unable to succeed in getting the game running, since I had minimal problems before.

From what I can tell, they are working on addressing these launcher issues, which should hopefully mean that an updated version will be available in a month or two (especially if they want people to start logging in for the F2P (that was my intention).
    Last edited by calmsea; 2013-01-13 at 02:27 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Anyone knows if there are quests for EVERY dungeon out there? I'm lvl 38 at the moment and I had a new dungeon at lvl 35 I believe and I still haven't got any quests for that dungeon. I did get tons of quests for the first 2 dungeons - BoL and SM, but got none for this lvl 35 one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    Anyone knows if there are quests for EVERY dungeon out there? I'm lvl 38 at the moment and I had a new dungeon at lvl 35 I believe and I still haven't got any quests for that dungeon. I did get tons of quests for the first 2 dungeons - BoL and SM, but got none for this lvl 35 one.
    Cant remember the dungeon name but im sure you get the quests from the 35 dungeon inside.