Hmm, maybe I was miswriting it. It was my worst MMO experience in terms of an intro/tutorial/what ever you wanna call it. I ve played through the first zone, did every quest etc. It gets better after that horrible start, but I am really angry about that start. I really was expecting some sort of introduction into the country of my race etc, the story of the race etc. It just felt not special at all. I will keep on playing it until I reach max level maybe to get a better view of that game, but the start really wasnt promising.

My opinion in the first post was probably a bit too angry, and I couldnt stay completely neutral.

Classes don't pick up till around 50 which is hugely disappointing. I think archers don't get interesting till 58. Classes to me also got normalized a bit too much. I don't see much difference between a slayer and warrior besides the debuffs they inflict and I hella don't see much of a difference with warrior tanking and lancer tanking now that warriors have block.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Classes don't pick up till around 50 which is hugely disappointing. I think archers don't get interesting till 58. Classes to me also got normalized a bit too much. I don't see much difference between a slayer and warrior besides the debuffs they inflict and I hella don't see much of a difference with warrior tanking and lancer tanking now that warriors have block.
    Well you see Lancer tanking is actually good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Well you see Lancer tanking is actually good.
    I'm not saying its not. I'm saying warrior tanking and lancer tanking felt different and both worked (warrior was just very very hard) but now it feels like... there is nothing distinctive about it now besides the weapons they use.

I wish it was just the stamina addition and not added the block tbh.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...ts-february-5/

Looks like its the 5th for NA tera. I imagine the queue times will be horrid
    Last edited by Lagmonster; 2013-01-30 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...ts-february-5/

Looks like its the 5th for NA tera. I imagine the queue times will be horrid
    Thanks, we'll update the thread title accordingly!
    Hana no Uta 1-4 Watch: Aug 17 - Aug 23 Discuss: Aug 24 - Aug 25
    Hana no Uta 5-8 Watch: Aug 26 - Aug 30 Discuss: Aug 31 - Sept 1
    Hoshi no Umi 1-3 Watch: Sept 2 - Sept 6 Discuss: Sept 7 - Sept 8
    Hana no Uta 9-11 Watch: Sept 9 - Sept 13 Discuss: Sept 14 - Sept 15
    Hana no Uta 12-13 Watch: Sept 16 - Sept 20 Discuss: Sept 21 - Sept 22
    Tsuki ni Naku 1-3 Watch: Sept 23 - Sept 27 Discuss: Sept 28 - Sept 29

Quote Originally Posted by Vogelweide View Post
    I just played the trial, and to be honest: It was the worst MMO experience Ive ever had. You start at level 20 ???!! Dafuq. You start in a zone with a couple of spell, you got no idea why you have them. You just run from one NPC to another. Just flat out running from x->y the whole time until you finally are able to run to cavern, killing some undeads. Afterwards there is boss you need defeat and after that fight you suddenly disappear. You see then some new recruiters/officers flying to that Island and you see yourself beeing lvl 1 again, cause you lost your memorys. Thats a story line that works maybe in a single player RPG, but does not suit MMOs at all.There are other things, like climbing ladders, which does not suite an MMO.

In my opinion, it is a game that should have just been a single player game with some multiplayer parts, and thats it. Poorly designed. But thats maybe just my opinion.
    Interesting. I had quite a different experience than you. I got in and got to try out the skills I would have at level 20 right away instead of just having 1 ability. While the beginning part might have been a little too much running and lacking storyline, I found the end bit with monsters and the boss to be quite entertaining. It wasn't a pushover boss either, you had to look out for his swings and mechanics a little.

Then you get put into the actual game at level 1. It does feel a little like a grind at that point, since you are back to only having 1 ability. But I powered through that bit with a few kill x of y quests that weren't at all as annoying as in say WoW. The combat is fun and gives variety already at 2-3 abilities that you combo together.

The scenery in the game is absolutely smashing and I got one of those feeling like I wouldn't mind living in that world. I did encounter a lag-out session that lasted for a good solid minute and was server wide, but I only did that once in the 3 hours I played (probably not a regular thing). Some people said they died from it though in the general chat.

Speaking of the general chat, it was filled with trolls when I was on, suggesting that the majority of players aren't that mature, but as with any other game you really only need to find a good guild and turn general chat off.

After a chain of not very interesting quests, but much more fun combat, I find myself at level 12 and ready to leave the starter island. While it was a bit grindy, it wasn't too bad (I've played a few korean MMOs in my days) and at least I got to kill the boss that I fought earlier at lvl 20. I get flown to a big city where I immediately join their ranks and get told off for thinking that I actually achieved something. Straight away I get a trusty steed and am sent on my way.

That's as far as I've come for now. If you haven't tried it I would suggest you do now that it's going F2P. It's a fun experience for what it is and if you find yourself not liking the combat you will only have wasted a couple of hours of your life anyway.

Huzzah, 6 more days! Now to try and convince a friend or two to play casually with me (I'm a madbad casual) and figure out which character to play.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Huzzah, 6 more days! Now to try and convince a friend or two to play casually with me (I'm a madbad casual) and figure out which character to play.
    Totally with you on the casual part. I newly retired from WoW after about 4 years of semi-serious raiding. Don't really want to get caught in that again :P

"Finally, TERA’s community suggested that we give TERA’s founders—those who’ve already played the game—priority queueing if there’s a wait to get into the game. We agree! If you’re a founder, head toward the front of the line (just step over the velvet rope!)."

Glad they did this, no waiting for me!

Might reroll on Ascension Valley (new pve server). Will have its own instance matching between AV and the new pvp server. So won't be expected to have max gear and know every instance like the back of my hand when I finally hit max level.

"Finally, TERA’s community suggested that we give TERA’s founders—those who’ve already played the game—priority queueing if there’s a wait to get into the game. We agree! If you’re a founder, head toward the front of the line (just step over the velvet rope!)."
    I hope people spread the word on this. I have seen nothing but people bitching about inevitable queues everywhere people talk about TERA.
    Some would ask
    "How could a perfect God create a universe with so much that is evil?"
    They have missed a greater conundrum
    "Why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"

Is crafting profitable at all in this game? Seems like everyone have maxed professions...

High Overlord

Glad they did this, no waiting for me!

Might reroll on Ascension Valley (new pve server). Will have its own instance matching between AV and the new pvp server. So won't be expected to have max gear and know every instance like the back of my hand when I finally hit max level.
    I wasn't sure what the transfers meant, but Minea responded on the announcement post on the official forums:

"Correct, if you are on the existing servers, you won't be able to transfer to the new servers.

But, after TERA: Rising launches, you are able to transfer between MT, CH, and TR (for a limited time) regardless of the PvE/PvP/RP type, and the server transfer cool down time for characters is 30 days. "

So, I think I am going to re-roll as well. My highest is a level 46 slayer, and I was just playing a lancer, which is at 28 now, and probably might hit 35 before Feb 1.

I love starting on new servers when I am not yet established. The rush is great. I wonder if I can take off work? The notice is a little short, they get pissy when you don't give enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaillus View Post
    I wasn't sure what the transfers meant, but Minea responded on the announcement post on the official forums:

"Correct, if you are on the existing servers, you won't be able to transfer to the new servers.

But, after TERA: Rising launches, you are able to transfer between MT, CH, and TR (for a limited time) regardless of the PvE/PvP/RP type, and the server transfer cool down time for characters is 30 days. "
    I assume those tranfers aren't free?

Edit: F*** nvm just found the post
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/t...ble-february-5

Character transfers (free for a limited time) will be available among Mount Tyrannas, Tempest Reach, and Celestial Hills. Characters can transfer once every 30 days.
    Last edited by Girlyman; 2013-01-31 at 12:44 AM.

Berserker

always berserker

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Berserker

always berserker
    Leveled my elin zerker and I'm not the biggest fan of the playstyle. Leaning towards either my castanic lancer, maybe my high elf mystic, or leveling a human warrior. Can't decide. Too many fun classes and pretty ladies to play : (

Leveled my elin zerker and I'm not the biggest fan of the playstyle. Leaning towards either my castanic lancer, maybe my high elf mystic, or leveling a human warrior. Can't decide. Too many fun classes and pretty ladies to play : (
    Quad box, play all.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Quad box, play all.
    Would need to have 12 going at once, one for each armor type for each of the pretty ladies >.>

Lancer no.

Mystic or warrior but mystic... god it is so boring outside group dungeons it's just ugh. I wish they would improve its dps portion or something to make it interesting.