http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...f-ingame-store

Preview for in game store.

I hope the mount icon stays

Shop name should be...

The Shop.

And that mount icon, let it stay, it'd be awesome, and a great joke.
    UI isn't so bad, guess we'll see how it is once launched.

Store looks good.

I want that mount icon to stay. lol

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

So, less productive question. I've never actually played the game and I've been wanting to give it a shot. The F2P thing is a good start... but uh... heh. Yeah, I'll just come out and say it.

Is it possible to just completely avoid the overly exposed, sexual themed armor for your character? I don't care what everyone else runs around in, I, on the other hand, would rather not have my characters abbed-out stomach exposed while I run around with a giant sword or my sorceress pretty much naked at all times, flapping around like a stripper. That gunna be an issue in Tera? ... cuz it kinda seems like it.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    So, less productive question. I've never actually played the game and I've been wanting to give it a shot. The F2P thing is a good start... but uh... heh. Yeah, I'll just come out and say it.

Is it possible to just completely avoid the overly exposed, sexual themed armor for your character? I don't care what everyone else runs around in, I, on the other hand, would rather not have my characters abbed-out stomach exposed while I run around with a giant sword or my sorceress pretty much naked at all times, flapping around like a stripper. That gunna be an issue in Tera? ... cuz it kinda seems like it.
    Dont play a Female of any race, and maybe not a male Castanic/Highelf with leather/cloth armour if you don't like your chest constantly exposed. Seriously, thats the only way. You can prievew what a few lower/middle/upper tiers of armour will look like on your character in the character creation thing, so you can use that, but what I said is really the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Returned again, left again, returned again. You know how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Dont play a Female of any race, and maybe not a male Castanic/Highelf with leather/cloth armour if you don't like your chest constantly exposed. Seriously, thats the only way. You can prievew what a few lower/middle/upper tiers of armour will look like on your character in the character creation thing, so you can use that, but what I said is really the truth.
    I kinda had that feeling. No idea why it bothers me in this game and not others, but it's seriously pretty much the only reason I haven't tried the game yet. I love the character models themselves but some of them armors... jeez. I was actually planning to roll one of the "elf" like male races until I previewed the armor in the character creation. I love that long, slender, agile looking warrior (Like Vossler, my Avatar) but not so much the homosexual night club hopper look. My brain isn't wrapping around huge, heavily armored axe wielding male-model with exposed midriff.

Anyway, thanks for the swift reply.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

I kinda had that feeling. No idea why it bothers me in this game and not others, but it's seriously pretty much the only reason I haven't tried the game yet. I love the character models themselves but some of them armors... jeez. I was actually planning to roll one of the "elf" like male races until I previewed the armor in the character creation. I love that long, slender, agile looking warrior (Like Vossler, my Avatar) but not so much the homosexual night club hopper look. My brain isn't wrapping around huge, heavily armored axe wielding male-model with exposed midriff.

This site isn't in English (it also might be a bit outdated-- I'm not sure), but if you'd like to see how different armor types will look on each race you can go here. Perhaps it will help you pick one to play. I wouldn't want the armor thing to keep you from trying it. It's a very pretty game and quite fun to play if you don't let that stuff get to you.

http://tera-online.cc/gallery/races/

EDIT: Also, you can always transmog away the skimpier armor with things less revealing.
    Last edited by DiscoLemonade; 2013-01-27 at 12:40 AM.

Not all amours are exposing. However I believe humans have the least revealing of any next to racoon catdog

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 12:54 AM ----------

EU steam had the release date of TERA f2p. Feb 5th. Gameforge quickly got in contact with them and they took it down. Steam is usually good with release dates so yea...

EU feb 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    EU steam had the release date of TERA f2p. Feb 5th. Gameforge quickly got in contact with them and they took it down. Steam is usually good with release dates so yea...

EU feb 5th!
    Oops wrong button?

Wonder if US will be the same.

Can any vets here explain the Ghost Knight Helm and how to get it? I've heard it's from getting 100k or higher in sirjuka gallery but I haven't gotten anything for certain on that

How are warriors nowadays? I was in the process of leveling one before I decided to shelf the game, might pick it up again now that it's going F2P. Really enjoyed the gameplay and how unforgiving they were (though I wouldn't mind if they became less-so in that regard).
    Stormrage US Jaese Tolai Aetra
    I will not move when Flame Wreath is cast or the raid blows up...

Just downloading/patching Tera.

It's taking just as long to apply a patch as it did to download. :S

Is it sad elin are the master race with their hitbox and hitrange unintended bonus?

/sigh

if you're going purely based on hitbox size elin are terrible tanks. I rolled a human lancer :> big enough hit box without the hideous look of the larger male races.

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Paul Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Ðuracell View Post
    if you're going purely based on hitbox size elin are terrible tanks. I rolled a human lancer :> big enough hit box without the hideous look of the larger male races.
    elin are the better tanks purely because they have the longest hit range and smallest hitbox. Baraka have the largets hitbox and the shortest attack range (your a flippin fat target)

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I can stand the crafted level 30 heavy armor being pink. But pink LEOPARD PRINT?!

Hello transmog lady. I need you to change my armor so that it does not offend every fiber of my being.
    Hey now, Pink Leopard is that best kind of leopard.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    elin are the better tanks purely because they have the longest hit range and smallest hitbox. Baraka have the largets hitbox and the shortest attack range (your a flippin fat target)
    I thought they went through and normalized the hitbox's, is it still a huge difference?
    3DS Friend Code-2208-5660-1089 (Please PM me with your FC if you add me, thanks!)
    Currently playing Bravely Default/Rune Factory 4

Is there a higher chance to get a + if you use engimatic instead of regular gold gear?

rofl after seeing some of the screenshots for some of the male armors il definately give this a try when it goes f2p :P

http://tera-online.cc/gallery/castan...nic_m_h01.html
    how the hell is that heavy armor haha.
    Last edited by hiragana; 2013-01-28 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    rofl after seeing some of the screenshots for some of the male armors il definately give this a try when it goes f2p :P

http://tera-online.cc/gallery/castan...nic_m_h01.html
    how the hell is that heavy armor haha.
    Is it funny that the BEST looking FEMALE castanic heavy armor is the one that covers her the most?
    (Its the last one.)