Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    So happy that this game is going F2P. I love the game, but my friends quit and I got bored of playing alone. I'm sure the playerbase will become much bigger once F2P launches.
    If they can get the launcher sorted out so people can download and play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    These clowns still have IP restrictions for both versions, that's ridiculous.
    IP restrictions as in location restrictions? I.e. US can't play on EU servers?

"I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

i will try to play it tomorow if i i like it i will go buy tera on amazon just to get the founder account type idk if i can live whit 72 bank space lol

Quote Originally Posted by holyevil44 View Post
    i will try to play it tomorow if i i like it i will go buy tera on amazon just to get the founder account type idk if i can live whit 72 bank space lol
    It's hard living with an inventory that small.

A bank? *shudder*
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Wait, what?! Warrior...has a Block!? Why? Does this replace another ability, or is it just added to the list? You stated "and dodging would be reduced drastically", explain.
    Yes, warrior has the equivalent of block.
    Warrior and Lancer has an additional resource bar called "Resolve". This is for their block and dodge / backstep for lancer.
    For warrior it costs 500 / 400glyphed to dodge and costs 50 resolve per .5 second to hold down block.
    Lancer, backstep 200, block is the same.
    Warrior has 1200 resolve.
    Lancer has 1500.

Warrior has in addition a "death from above" which is a 3 second (prior to attack speed increases) invincibility + damage with a 10 second / 7 second glyph cool down.
    Attacks increases your resolve per hit and depending on what kind of attack.

Warrior has a base move speed of 120 and Lancer has a base move speed of 105. Warriors are in essence more flexible and agile, but a lot of people don't really like to use it. =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    These clowns still have IP restrictions for both versions, that's ridiculous.
    ??
    I've had EU people play on the US with no trouble.

but a lot of people don't really like to use it. =\
    Because it's no longer necessary unless you are soling bams in offensive stance. Or the occasional big aoe you have to move out of which won't ever appear enough to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Because it's no longer necessary unless you are soling bams in offensive stance. Or the occasional big aoe you have to move out of which won't ever appear enough to matter.
    Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the block addition. I wasn't one of those warriors that tanked and made the boss go absolutely insane and spin around. Still was a lot more fun without block.

Question: If I used the "PLAY-TERA" code on the Tera Europe website, will you get the "unlimited" trial or the 7 days trial?

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    IP restrictions as in location restrictions? I.e. US can't play on EU servers?
    I recall some asian countries are unable to connect to the European/US versions of the game.
    Don't know how it is for the US, but Europeans can play just fine on the US servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaela View Post
    I recall some asian countries are unable to connect to the European/US versions of the game.
    Don't know how it is for the US, but Europeans can play just fine on the US servers.
    lets hope the brazill people wont be able to come to na and get they own server

does anyone know what will be the positive of subbing when it goes F2P? will there be horrible level restrictions like wow?
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    does anyone know what will be the positive of subbing when it goes F2P? will there be horrible level restrictions like wow?
    http://support.enmasse.com/tera/tera...account_tiers?

Founder, you get the game exactly as it is now.
    Free you get some limited capability.
    Sub you just get lower cds and some other stuff. Nothing major.

No level restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by holyevil44 View Post
    lets hope the brazill people wont be able to come to na and get they own server
    Awe come on, the Aion F2P conversion wouldn't had been so hilarious without the LFG BR hate!

Seriously, though, +1 to BRs getting their own server. It was baaaaad...

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Awe come on, the Aion F2P conversion wouldn't had been so hilarious without the LFG BR hate!

Seriously, though, +1 to BRs getting their own server. It was baaaaad...
    I keep seeing this come up (in this topic and in the game) and I have no clue what you're talking about.

Sooo... WTF?
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I keep seeing this come up (in this topic and in the game) and I have no clue what you're talking about.

Sooo... WTF?
    As far as I know, some people (Brazilians in general, it seems) have flooded the game and refuse to speak English in the chats/groups. People are afraid it'll happen to TERA as well.
    Haven't experienced it personally, so I can't say for sure though.

As far as I know, some people (Brazilians in general, it seems) have flooded the game and refuse to speak English in the chats/groups. People are afraid it'll happen to TERA as well.
    This. But add to it the fact they were very unfriendly, and would kick English speaking players from their instance groups, ninja items, and would yell at us for not knowing their language on an English language server. It was a mess, a horrible mess, and add to it the fact that NCWest is always SO slow to fix anything of that nature, it went on for at least 2 months (actually it was getting worse) before I quit.

It's better now, I recently went back for a few days, but I'm hoping so much that EME doesn't follow that path. They have a subscriber for at least the first F2P month, if everything goes swimmingly, I'll be more than happy to continue my sub. Though, I COULD always join the PvP server and gank them......

Hmmm....
    Last edited by willowe; 2013-01-15 at 02:27 AM.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Completely unrelated to TERA, but I noticed this in monster hunter tri. It's pretty astounding. I've yet to join an online room (of only up to 4 people) that has not had one Spanish/Portuguese speaking player, but it's only happened recently.

How does the endgame look for Tera these days? I hear there are no raids and just a single BG, so what are the goals of a player at max level?

not all portuguese players are assholes m8 remember that
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    This. But add to it the fact they were very unfriendly, and would kick English speaking players from their instance groups, ninja items, and would yell at us for not knowing their language on an English language server. It was a mess, a horrible mess, and add to it the fact that NCWest is always SO slow to fix anything of that nature, it went on for at least 2 months (actually it was getting worse) before I quit.
    It wasn't limited to TERA. I was in Battlegroup Ruin for WoW, which used to have a Brazilian server on it. It's very hard not to be judgmental, because the exact same behavior happened there.

It's like they released a national memo to get in MMOs and fuck with everyone. It was not cool, pretty much 99% of the time.