Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Ok so this has become really annoying so I wanted to lay this out. Why is there a delay after using retaliate and evasion roll? What purpose does it serve then really, you might as well just manually run out of bad stuff or boss swings and never use these abilities. I can't recall specific examples at the moment but whenever I used evasion roll to dodge an attack I get owned instantly by a follow-up because of the delay after the ability. Now it doesn't always happen but it does happen and it's quite annoying. As for retaliate, if the boss knocks you down and follows up with a charge of some kind, I get screwed. If anyone has suggestions, please do tell.
    Bosses rarely ever attack just once. They almost always do a one two kinda thing. Retaliate is used for when they finish an attack or you are with a group, or to combo with evasive roll right after. Othwrwise, you'll probably be clipped by a second attack and just get knocked over again. Also, evasive roll is all about timing right before an attack, because there's a two second grace period after you roll. And never rolls just back or forward. Always roll to the side and just keep moving.

OT: Amen ftw!!!
    Last edited by Basileus; 2013-01-20 at 02:10 AM.

How is the World PvP in this game?

I liked the look of Aman, but their animations were so dull compared to the other races that I never ended up making one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I liked the look of Aman, but their animations were so dull compared to the other races that I never ended up making one.
    I think it really depends on class. I pretty much only play Amen. But I've tried all the races. And of every race I would say Amen slayers and lancers have the best animations of all races.
    Also to sterlin, the pvp is pretty decent. Eme is good at keeping the classes decently balanced, however in small groups and outside of BGs, range almost trumps all melee classes besides lancer.

My current lineup is such...

Female aman mystic, elin lancer, male aman Berserker, popori slayer, female human sorcerer, male human warrior, elin archer, male high elf priest.

The lancer is effectively my main at level 30. The mystic and berserker are in their 20s. Everyone else is between Lumbertown and freshly created.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

I'm going to just go back and play my Amen Slayer. He's my favorite, cause I'm tired leveling.

I have: castanic warrior, sorc and zerker, high elf slayer and sorc, elin priest, archer and lancer. The high elves and castanics are ladehs, cuz I don't particularly care to play males though I might make a castanic male sometime. But I need more character slots!

I feel weird in Tera though. I was online Thursday and did about...7 or so dungeons through lfg on my slayer and out of 34 different people, there were ever only two other male toons. And when I run around to do nexuses and such, I rarely see other male toons. Just feels so weird 0.o

I can stand the crafted level 30 heavy armor being pink. But pink LEOPARD PRINT?!

Hello transmog lady. I need you to change my armor so that it does not offend every fiber of my being.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

I just feel like the only male playing the game anymore. And the pink doesn't bother me so much. Though I pretty much always dye my armor red because a lot of slayer swords have naturally Red tinted blades.

Hello!

I just recently got back into playing this game now that it's going f2p, after having played the beta quite a while back. I downloaded the EU version of the game and have played a bit on there. However, after reading some about the game I found out that the En Masse that are in charge of the NA version are doing a much better job with it than Gameforge AG who are in charge of the EU version.

I was wondering if anyone know's if it's possible to somehow convert my EU client into the NA client. I'd much prefer doing that than having to download the entire game yet one more time. I've searched around some but I havn't managed to find a definite answer.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sorry to say, but you pretty much just need to redownload the whole thing from the NA.

I typically don't play males unless either 1) the females are fail (which rarely happens) or 2) the males are just that awesome (looking at you, GW2 Charr). My lineup ended up being:

Warrior: Castanic
    Archer: Human
    Slayer: Elf
    Lancer: Elf
    Berserker: Human
    Priest: Castanic
    Mystic: Elf
    Sorceror: Human

I probably have the least amount of racial diversity in Tera that I've ever had in any game. IMO, aside from Elin, female human/elf/castanic have the best animations, they also coincidentally have the best looking armors. Using Aman as an example, I found their animations to be lackluster and I was able to find maybe 1 armor out of 20 that I liked. So, ultimately animations + fashion won out or I'd have at least one Aman and possibly one Popori.

Elin I decided at the last minute I couldn't play. It just felt uncomfortable. I have no problem with the race or other people playing them, but I guess I'm just too used to playing characters that are sexy. When I was running around with my bf's male human as an Elin I felt like he was my chaperone. x_X

Keyboard Turner
    Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    I've been into Tera from the get go, but sadly I was stupid and just leveled characters instead of gearing up just one. But now that I've played and leveled every class to 60, except my lancer, I've finally found a class to main. The lancer is easily the most fun tank and probably one of the most fun classes I have ever played. Plus, getting to level 30 without dying and without even getting hit by a mob is pretty fun.
    Playing on tempest reach pretty actively. If anyone wants a tank while I level, names lynixxiss.
    Hey,
    I'll be playing on the new pvp server in feb...
    I'd like to have a teammate/teammates to run with.

i'll be in touch if you'd like.
    (archer)

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 05:43 PM ----------

my above comment goes to anyone willing to help out, or also looking for people to ride WIT!

And I finish out the weekend at level 32 having changed the appearance of my armor so it doesn't look like that godawful pink leopard print.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

So I went into my bank for the first time since I came back and I noticed there's a normal bank and some temporary bank thing. Anyone know what the temporary bank is? I moved all the stuff from it to my normal bank just in case lol.

If I remember correctly the temporary bank is all your stuff from before and the normal bank is the thing they cooked up for free to play. Founders and subscribers get four whole tabs and free players only get one, and the original bank wasn't set up for this.

I think.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Temporary bank is because of the server merge. It disappears once you take everything out of it.

Temporary bank came from the server merges.

Hey guys.

I posted asking a few things a few pages ago but seems like no one saw them TT

Anyways, do you guys think if it is worth paying the suscription right now? I can't play more than 2 hours per day (except weekends) but I can't play in a trial account since I already own a Standard Edition account and it makes no sense to play anywhere else.

Also, if I have an active suscription by the time the game gets f2p, will I become a Tera Club member?