Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    Pointless arguing with you Alyssa, the game went in the recycle bin very fast where it deserves to be. if you enjoy it then thats fine.. lots of people have incredibly low standards.
    Well when your entire argument is based on anecdotal evidence but tries to drive home that no one else's anecdotal evidence counts then it was pointless before Alyssa ever read it.

But hey, you're still operating on the whole "f2p is obviously a bad thing" mentality and that's all we really needed to know to figure out how pointless a discussion with you would be. But some of us (myself included) just can't help but see where these conversations end up anyway.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    "f2p is obviously a bad thing"
    lol when the game switches from sub to f2p after so short of release, its because its doing so well? fanboy will fanboy i suppose.

Keep it civil.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-01-23 at 03:14 PM.

lol when the game switches from sub to f2p after so short of release, its because its doing so well? fanboy will fanboy i suppose.
    lol when someone responds to a tiny fraction of a post it's because their argument is doing so well? Whiner gonna whine I suppose.

Nevermind that's not even what I said. Reading comprehension for the win!
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    lol when someone responds to a tiny fraction of a post it's because their argument is doing so well? Whiner gonna whine I suppose.

Nevermind that's not even what I said. Reading comprehension for the win!
    Good job avoiding the question, i would to. its easier just to insult than stay on topic. to be expected from you i suppose.

Good job avoiding the question, i would to. its easier just to insult than stay on topic. to be expected from you i suppose.
    And it looks like we have already reached the pot calling the kettle black phase of the argument...

On the topic of avoiding things there's the meat of my post that you saw fit to remove from your quote.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

When a game switches from sub to f2p it is to get better, and have more people playing it, as already been shown in other games.

Hearing it is going F2P has caused me and my group of friends ( 8 or so ) to start playing. So it does draw new people in, how long they stay is the important part. I think it will do well. The game looks nice and has a refreshing combat system, questing is par for MMOs. No reason this game cannot do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    When a game switches from sub to f2p it is to get better, and have more people playing it, as already been shown in other games.
    When a sub based game switches to f2p is because its either bleeding players heavily or its hardly able to maintain itself. hell they couldnt even afford a ptr server to do testing on, everything goes straight onto live.

When a sub based game switches to f2p is because its either bleeding players heavily or its hardly able to maintain itself. hell they couldnt even afford a ptr server to do testing on, everything goes straight onto live.
    facepalm.jpg
    You do know that they release every patch in Korea before they release it in EU / NA right? So everything has been tested before going onto live server in EU / NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    facepalm.jpg
    You do know that they release every patch in Korea before they release it in EU / NA right? So everything has been tested before going onto live server in EU / NA.
    Wrong. falseinformation.jpg

really, so if all other games give great pings, but tera doesnt.. its obviously not the games fault? LOL!!!
    It is obvious that you do not understand how networking and routing works.

Accuses me of avoiding his question right after ignoring the majority of my post. Then continues to ignore I pointed this out. Then continues to post flat out lies about the game.

Wouldn't your time be better used talking about a game you're not trolling do like?

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Queen of the Argons, part 2 (one of the major patches):
    Released in K-Tera on the 4th of July
    Released in NA-Tera on the 21th of August

Try again.

WoW: Zebrin | TERA: Rintha | GW2: Nezira Cinderclaw

I am not a fan of the ftp model as I would rather pay a monthly fee and know I am getting everything than to be nickle and dimmed for every little extra that I might want. Want more bag space? $, want more than 2 char slots? $, Want access to half the classes? $, want access to the public chat channel? $, Want to have access to all the costumes? $.

I end up spending more on f2p than monthly fee games.

Keep it civil.
    Whats the point on keeping it P2P when you switch to freemium you get more attention then before, making people look at the game again and bringing in business that was never there.

It's a marketing strategy not a fail safe strategy. Learn2buisness

Doing well, but not "well enough". Games transition because F2P/freemium is a potentially more profitable business model compared to subscription only.

And as for the latency issue, if you have high latency, that's your damn problem for the most part. If it's due to living in APAC and there not being APAC servers, that sucks and I fully support games creating more local server clusters for APAC players. But you can't blame the game itself for that, that's a location issue. If your ISP sucks, that's your issue as well. Online games aren't designed to be played with high latency, they're designed to be played with low to moderate latency. If you don't have it, then you're going to end up having a negative experience while playing. That's an unfortunate truth.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I am not a fan of the ftp model as I would rather pay a monthly fee and know I am getting everything than to be nickle and dimmed for every little extra that I might want. Want more bag space? $, want more than 2 char slots? $, Want access to half the classes? $, want access to the public chat channel? $, Want to have access to all the costumes? $.

Have you looked at the F2P model that Tera is using? The only thing you'll be "nickle and dimed" on that could be considered a core feature are character slots. Beyond that, you have access to all classes, all races, and all the content in the game.

If you end up spending more on a F2P game, that's a personal problem, not a problem with the game. You decide how much you spend, not the game. I've played a ton of F2P games and for many have paid little to nothing, as I didn't feel like I needed anything from their cash shop or didn't want to support the game for one reason or another. Others, I've dropped cash on from time to time to purchase things I want and to support the developers, yet I always maintain a budget for this and make sure I don't end up overspending.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-01-23 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post

You should stop playing games that went f2p 10 years ago.

Tera's f2p gives you everything it already had, it has an optional subscription for people who want more things that are not really beneficial as an advantage in the game.

Personally I wish enmasse went b2p to shut up the people about this f2p nonsense.

Only thing I'm really concerned about the new F2P transition is that they might remove masterwork alkahest from vendors and place them in the cash shop. They're still deliberating over whether or not they're going to change this for NA (it was in the KR patch notes). Personally I want them to keep it on the vendor and increase enchant success rates at the same time, but something's going to give. I suppose a good compromise would be to buy +success rate from the cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    Only thing I'm really concerned about the new F2P transition is that they might remove masterwork alkahest from vendors and place them in the cash shop. They're still deliberating over whether or not they're going to change this for NA (it was in the KR patch notes). Personally I want them to keep it on the vendor and increase enchant success rates at the same time, but something's going to give. I suppose a good compromise would be to buy +success rate from the cash shop.
    Next week guys, next week will give you an answer!
    3 weeks latter...

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You should stop playing games that went f2p 10 years ago.

Tera's f2p gives you everything it already had, it has an optional subscription for people who want more things that are not really beneficial as an advantage in the game.

Personally I wish enmasse went b2p to shut up the people about this f2p nonsense.
    I am treating it like B2P. You get the 8 character slots and get to keep all the bank tabs permanently. Enough reason to spend $20 on the digital download.