ok so i finally got my slayer to 60 and I have no freaking idea which gear is better or whatever. Can someone give layout the name of the gear in order of best to worst, would really appreciate it At the moment I have t13 discord set, got them all to +6.
    Last edited by dk3790; 2013-01-21 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    Hey guys.

I posted asking a few things a few pages ago but seems like no one saw them TT

Anyways, do you guys think if it is worth paying the suscription right now? I can't play more than 2 hours per day (except weekends) but I can't play in a trial account since I already own a Standard Edition account and it makes no sense to play anywhere else.

Also, if I have an active suscription by the time the game gets f2p, will I become a Tera Club member?
    Well, you have a standard edition account, so essentially once f2p becomes active you'd have a founder account. Essentially the same account as it is being a subscriber right now. If you're patient, I say wait, otherwise go for it?

What Tera client should I be downloading If im playing from Australia, I'd like to play on Aus (if possible) or US servers.
    There is two different Tera websites and clients from what I've seen O_o

I would say the NA client from http://tera.enmasse.com/.

The other one is the EU version, which is published by Frogster...or Gameforge, as they are now known as I think?.

Lol I love the dig at at SWTOR 1 min 2 seconds in. Fair play though, I think they are offering a hell of a lot more than SWTOR with a higher quality game.

Quick question: I have heard rumors that the US version has more content and more patches than the EU version. Is this actually true and if so what content is the EU missing and will it get patched or catch up to the US version eventually?

Got my zerker to level 25 and every piece of gear available from the BOL dungeon for him.

Now attempting to solo the dungeon

Is there a website like MMO-Champ for TERA? I like being up to date on news and such

Not going to play this shit. Completely unfair for people with higher latencies.

Quote Originally Posted by botulox View Post
    Not going to play this shit. Completely unfair for people with higher latencies.
    Why does that make it shit? Games are designed with low latency in mind for the ideal play. Some are a bit more friendly to players with higher latency, but you suffer regardless of what game you play.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Why does that make it shit? Games are designed with low latency in mind for the ideal play. Some are a bit more friendly to players with higher latency, but you suffer regardless of what game you play.
    It makes it shit because it's lazy design. It's an MMO, you're supposed to compensate that stuff properly with higher latencies.
    In WoW the impact of latency below 300 is minimum, for example. And questing and stuff is perfectly doable with 2000ms latencies. Just to put an example of how forgiving it is due to proper design.

In their case, they could have chosen to make "hitscan" abilities detect collisions clientside, yet they didn't, as a "just in a case someone may exploit it and we'd have to fix it or actually pay attention to our playerbase". Therefore, alienating a large number of players.

The only thing in PvE that is hard with high lat is lancer/warrior tanking, and even then all you need to do is memorize all the bosses tells and you'll be invincible. I solo'd my first giant enemy crab on my lancer today, about 300 latency, took a while to learn all the telegraphing but once you do you're laughing.

PvP is obviously a different story, but depending on the class it isnt that bad, just requires you to not suck.

It makes it shit because it's lazy design. It's an MMO, you're supposed to compensate that stuff properly with higher latencies.
    In WoW the impact of latency below 300 is minimum, for example. And questing and stuff is perfectly doable with 2000ms latencies. Just to put an example of how forgiving it is due to proper design.

In their case, they could have chosen to make "hitscan" abilities detect collisions clientside, yet they didn't, as a "just in a case someone may exploit it and we'd have to fix it or actually pay attention to our playerbase". Therefore, alienating a large number of players.
    You know why they don't do that? Because the sheer minority of their players are the ones with the 200-300 lat (assuming a fellow Australasian?). Almost everyone playing Tera US is from the US, just the same that the majority of KTera players are from Korea.

Don't whine so hard when your minority isnt being catered too, TERA is NOT the financial powerhouse WoW is, they cant afford to just put in potentially expensive QoL things for the minority. Just learn how to play with latency, it isnt hard.
    Last edited by Xothic; 2013-01-22 at 06:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Returned again, left again, returned again. You know how it is.

Apparently this topic had gone too long without someone comparing it to another MMO...
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

What is...I..um...wow, so let's start from the top.

How is it lazy design to expect people to have reasonable (1-200ms) latency while playing an online game? That's pretty much the standard that most games function around. With the kind of latency you seem to be hinting at, I'd be surprised if you could play any online game that required timing/positioning as you would be constantly out of sync. Some games lend themselves to being more "lag friendly" by requiring fewer positional/targeting requirements, but that's due to the way the game is designed to play, not due to latency considerations (usually).

In WoW, you're right. Due to the ease of questing (painfully easy), and the combat system (i.e. static a la EQ1 with more emphasis put on pressing buttons and less on careful positioning), WoW is super friendly to high latency players while questing. Try PvPing or raiding though and you'll be killed constantly, because positioning and timing there matters.

I'm not sure hot hit detection is calculated, but you should be upset with your ISP for having shit connect, or the publishers for not having local servers, not the game itself.

Players with super high latency are a minority actually. And again, a game not being friendly to players with high latency doesn't make it "shit", it just means that it has a requirement with regards to internet connection speed, the same as games have hardware requirements. It sucks, and I'll never say that you can't complain about it, but calling the game "shit" because of it is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    You know why they don't do that? Because the sheer minority of their players are the ones with the 200-300 lat (assuming a fellow Australasian?). Almost everyone playing Tera US is from the US, just the same that the majority of KTera players are from Korea.

Don't whine so hard when your minority isnt being catered too, TERA is NOT the financial powerhouse WoW is, they cant afford to just put in potentially expensive QoL things for the minority. Just learn how to play with latency, it isnt hard.
    Doubt any developer would compensate for pings above 200 even if it was a major part of the player base, and no developer would compensate for 2000 ping as you really don't have the connection to play games if you have that high. While it might be possible to get by solo in WoW with 2k ping it's not because they have a superb design, it has way more to do with how easy the game has become over the years, raiding with more than 350 is a pain in the ass.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Doubt any developer would compensate for pings above 200 even if it was a major part of the player base, and no developer would compensate for 2000 ping as you really don't have the connection to play games if you have that high. While it might be possible to get by solo in WoW with 2k ping it's not because they have a superb design, it has way more to do with how easy the game has become over the years, raiding with more than 350 is a pain in the ass.
    Blizzard had, at one point, considered setting up a server in Australia, but Telstra is fucking retarded and wouldnt let them do it without jumping through some really stupid hoops.

Also I feel like you quoted the wrong person.
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Returned again, left again, returned again. You know how it is.

Blizzard had, at one point, considered setting up a server in Australia, but Telstra is fucking retarded and wouldnt let them do it without jumping through some really stupid hoops.

I've heard there are some legal shenanigans going on that make it difficult for publishers to host local APAC server clusters. Always was curious as to why that is. Never curious enough to investigate, but still curious.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I've heard there are some legal shenanigans going on that make it difficult for publishers to host local APAC server clusters. Always was curious as to why that is. Never curious enough to investigate, but still curious.
    I'm like this for alot of things. Effort takes effort.

Umm... no.
    Just no.

WoW's / EQ's game play mechanics are made in that fashion where you don't need it. The content is generally in my opinion, piss easy.

Clientside based programs are terrible in a multiplayer game. Looking at you Dark Souls... lag souls...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmnn3QXAQK0
    This is what happens with client side based interaction.
    Want to know how to abuse lag with client side interaction?
    Forcibly lag yourself, run up to a person, attack em a few time, remove said lag, suddenly you zoomed across the map, killed the person, and then move on. This isn't some 'just in case' this is a 'will happen'.

Also this is your ISP that's the issue, not the game.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-01-22 at 07:37 AM.

This is probably the best post I've read in awhile. Thanks for the laugh.

Not so much the wrong person as just following the flow of the conversation, you are correct in that the later parts wasn't aimed at you though.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-01-22 at 08:32 AM.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith