Page 1 of 71
... LastLast

[Megathread] Fallout 4

Trailer:

Website
    http://fallout4.com/
    -Fallout 4's website currently doesn't have much in the way of content or anything to show about the game, however, it has pre-orders, the trailer, and links to things such as facebook pages.

Platforms Confirmed: Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC,
    More information and sources to come.

-Facts
    Over Four Hundred Hours of Content confirmed.
    Collectors Edition contains a PipBoy, which comes with a PipBoy app!
    Last edited by Satele Shan; 2015-06-20 at 10:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    My neighbor put his wife down for finding out she was playing video games. Just took her out in the backyard, and that was that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    one of the problems with WoW NPCs is that they spout honorifics like "champion" and "hero" so much, at the drop of a hat, that it feels more like flattery than a show of respect; Such titles should come not necessarily from difficult content but "effort" - i.e. earned.

I guess we still have to wait ages to get the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Farron View Post
    I guess we still have to wait ages to get the game.
    Skyrim came out within a year of its announcement, if I recall correctly.
    My neighbor put his wife down for finding out she was playing video games. Just took her out in the backyard, and that was that.
    one of the problems with WoW NPCs is that they spout honorifics like "champion" and "hero" so much, at the drop of a hat, that it feels more like flattery than a show of respect; Such titles should come not necessarily from difficult content but "effort" - i.e. earned.

Looks freaking awesome can't wait... Also looks like I have around a year to upgrade my PC, because those graphics look a little better than what my current rig can handle.
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

Well im mostly positive about it. Sure, the amount of hype isn't as big as it was with skyrim trailer, but i think they still menaged. As for "lel old graphic sux", i would much rather have them make big good game on older engine they are confident with, than start tweaking something new at all cost. That being said, i hoped for a little more action in trailer.

will my gtx 660 cope.
    incidentally im just finishing up FO:NV (90 hours in) so this trailer came at a good time.

cant wait, bathesda always kicks ass

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Looks freaking awesome can't wait... Also looks like I have around a year to upgrade my PC, because those graphics look a little better than what my current rig can handle.
    Most opinions I've seen have said that the graphics 'suck', I think it looks great though!

I am very excited for this game, and will be even more excited for the mods that shall follow

Quote Originally Posted by Satele Shan View Post
    Skyrim came out within a year of its announcement, if I recall correctly.
    You are correct Skyrim was announced Dec 10 or 11th 2010 and came out 11 months later. Maybe we will get lucky and get it by end of year this year if it's that far along. Given they have had so much time to work on it and the new engine they announced they would be using for future games in 2013

WTB gameplay!

#madeitonthefirstpage

Thoroughly disappointed in the engine and model animation quality. To see how little Bethesda has grown since the pea soup mountain days of Oblivion while fledgling companies like CD Projekt Red have so thoroughly outpaced them is just a little disheartening.

Cool trailer, looking forward to some gameplay.

Do at least put effort in the OP of the megathread if you want to host it by linking information sources currently available or at least the trailer.

edit: thanks for editing it
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2015-06-03 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well im mostly positive about it. Sure, the amount of hype isn't as big as it was with skyrim trailer, but i think they still menaged. As for "lel old graphic sux", i would much rather have them make big good game on older engine they are confident with, than start tweaking something new at all cost. That being said, i hoped for a little more action in trailer.
    To me a Fallout game isnt about the best graphics as much as it's about a great setting and story.

Meh, hoped for a Fallout Card Game

:P
    CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K - CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U14S - GPU: NVIDIA GTX 680 4GB - GPU COOLER: Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo II
    MOBO: Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H - RAM: G.Skill ARES 8GB - SSD: Crucial M4 256GB - HDD: 2x WD Blue 1TB 2,5"
    CASE: Antec P280 - PSU: Seasonic Platinum 760 - OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Quote Originally Posted by Abajaba View Post
    Thoroughly disappointed in the engine and model animation quality. To see how little Bethesda has grown since the pea soup mountain days of Oblivion while fledgling companies like CD Projekt Red have so thoroughly outpaced them is just a little disheartening.
    It didn't take too long for these types of guys to show up. Why don't you go turn countless other threads on other sites into shit with your "omfg the graphics have to be teh best thing evar or im too good to play it"

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Do at least put effort in the OP of the megathread if you want to host it by linking information sources currently available or at least the trailer.
    On it, I was just getting the thread down first.

I find it excellent. Still representing the style it had in FO3, but with obviously higher poly count and modifications. I think I'm going to enjoy this very much.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Dear Bethesda,

Please have Ron Perlman voice an actual character in the game again. Preferably a companion.

Regards
    unholytestament
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014