Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Megathread] Conan Exiles

Today Funcom has announced the latest game in the Conan the Barbarian franchise named Conan Exiles, a multiplayer open-world survival game based.

It will hit early access for PC this summer. Expect the full launch on PC and console after that.

Trailer:

Description:

Conan Exiles is first and foremost a multiplayer game that can be enjoyed on both private and public servers, but it will also feature a single-player mode. You are an exile, one of thousands cast out to fend for themselves in a barbaric wasteland swept in sandstorms and besieged by enemies on every side.

Grow crops or hunt animals for food. Harvest resources to build weapons and tools. Build a shelter to survive. Ride across a vast world and explore alone, or band together with other players to build entire settlements and fortified strongholds.
    Unleash your fury in savage, fast-paced combat and execute bloody and bone-crushing attacks that will see heads rolling and limbs flying.
    Fight other players to dominate the exiled lands, and even call upon the wrath of the heavens to aid you by sacrificing enemy players on the alters of the gods.

Today Funcom
    /runs far away
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I'm cool with this, will likely pick it up when it launches. Would be the first of the survival genre that I actually bother with.

Kinda odd title. I think it's gonna cause some issues- Funcom have a very tough time marketing their games.

Looks cool. Funcom is one of those companies who dont afraid to innovate. Maybe they add a new flavor to survival genre

Wait wait wait...

Is this a AAA Minecraft game?
    Some would ask
    "How could a perfect God create a universe with so much that is evil?"
    They have missed a greater conundrum
    "Why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Wait wait wait...

Is this a AAA Minecraft game?
    No. Seems like a higher budget (though definitely not AAA) Rust/name your survival game of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No. Seems like a higher budget (though definitely not AAA) Rust/name your survival game of choice.
    Most of those survival games were born out of a combination of Minecraft and Day Z. Funcom is certainly higher up on the rung than most of the developers who have put forth such a game.
    Some would ask

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Most of those survival games were born out of a combination of Minecraft and Day Z. Funcom is certainly higher up on the rung than most of the developers who have put forth such a game.
    Yet at the same time they have a long string of financial misfires. I think it's in the execution, not the budget. I also think Funcom can do it, but can they outclass existing titles? Not so sure.

Shame about age of conan, some of the best raids and classes ive seen in a mmo.

Hmm, I don't really trust Funcom due to how Age of Conan was handled. I'm also not sure if there's room in the market for another one of these games.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

> multiplayer

> open-world survival

> early access
    those are all trigger words for me

so - BIG NOPE

not touching this same as I didnt touch Ark or Rust or any of that

hm, not a big fan of survival games but this one kinda interests me - especially because of single player/private servers.

Put on "keep to look at it" list.

Funcom.....ill pass.

Wasn't it funcom who ran the mmo that was shit imo.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB WD Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE|SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    My Paladin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Landore/simple
    My Warlock - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Vantarr/simple
    Streaming Ps4/PC games @ https://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Yet at the same time they have a long string of financial misfires. I think it's in the execution, not the budget. I also think Funcom can do it, but can they outclass existing titles? Not so sure.
    I like Funcom though. I hope they pull this off and it's a success and it puts them back on track.

But this genre of game... How many of them actually finish development? Serious question, I honestly have no idea. There's tons of these games that popped up after Day Z became popular and that game is supposedly having its final release version this year (I'll believe it when I see it).
    Some would ask

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Funcom.....ill pass.

Wasn't it funcom who ran the mmo that was shit imo.
    If you only know Funcom from mmo's your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    hm, not a big fan of survival games but this one kinda interests me - especially because of single player/private servers.

Put on "keep to look at it" list.
    This was my thought as well, Not really into survival games, but one set in one of my favourite fantasy universes and with the possibility to play single-player might be interesting.

Oh hell yeah, survival game number 3427, I cant wait...

I hope they pull it off but after the blunder that is AoC I am not optimistic. The game will probably never make it out of early access and first person melee combat sounds pretty lame.

my guess itll use the aoc engine ...which makes them save money on that part. but yeah ...game prolly gonna suck