1. #8301
    Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    I've been into Tera from the get go, but sadly I was stupid and just leveled characters instead of gearing up just one. But now that I've played and leveled every class to 60, except my lancer, I've finally found a class to main. The lancer is easily the most fun tank and probably one of the most fun classes I have ever played. Plus, getting to level 30 without dying and without even getting hit by a mob is pretty fun.
    Playing on tempest reach pretty actively. If anyone wants a tank while I level, names lynixxiss.
    I am impressed that you could stick with the leveling process so many times. From what I can see there is only one linear leveling path that is the same for all characters unless I am mistaken?

  2. #8302
    The Patient Fleckens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezera View Post
    I am impressed that you could stick with the leveling process so many times. From what I can see there is only one linear leveling path that is the same for all characters unless I am mistaken?
    Pretty much yeah, a few zones you can skip but most of it is the same. I think it just requires a certain type of player to enjoy it. I absolutely despise leveling in wow, but I already got 6 level 60's in Tera and I'm currently leveling my 7th, i guess it's just that i enjoy not having to waste time reading all the quest logs and do all kinds of gimmicky stuff, i can just go kill stuff and enjoy the combat system, which is what makes it enjoyable.

    I hated grinding in WoW, but i really don't mind it in Tera. I've killed queen hm over 100 times and i still enjoy the fight a lot, in wow I would usually be tired of an instance after the 5th or so farm raid, if not even before.

  3. #8303
    Field Marshal Basileus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezera View Post
    I am impressed that you could stick with the leveling process so many times. From what I can see there is only one linear leveling path that is the same for all characters unless I am mistaken?
    You are quite correct, the leveling is the exact same on every single character. But, I play tera for the combat. I mean, I have read so many posts about how people tried it and hated it because of the bland quests. I never found them bland, I mean yes, they aren't the most in depth quests in the world, but they are very fun. Plus, in my opinion, tera has the best dungeons out of any mmo.
    Though, I still hate the crafting system.

  4. #8304
    Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    Though, I still hate the crafting system.
    I was about to ask about this. Is there an actual reason to do crafting? It seems that the items I can craft will be replaced faster than I can craft them.

  5. #8305
    Leveling in isle of dawn again (just finished). I see an over abundance of zerkers. No mystics and No lancers and no Sorcs

    Mostly zerkers and slayers, a few priests and archers.

  6. #8306
    Field Marshal Basileus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I was about to ask about this. Is there an actual reason to do crafting? It seems that the items I can craft will be replaced faster than I can craft them.
    You will never NEED to get crafting. It helps a bit at Mac level to bridge the gap between you and those who've been playing a long time, however the crafting in Tera is what you would expect from a Korean mmo.
    Also, yeah, with the free seven and they added almost every old player went to zerk. Mostly because they are the easiest class at 60 to pull high dps. Sorcs will still beat them, but zerkers just need the right crystals to hit for a million

  7. #8307
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Leveling in isle of dawn again (just finished). I see an over abundance of zerkers. No mystics and No lancers and no Sorcs

    Mostly zerkers and slayers, a few priests and archers.
    I find zerk really freaking boring, might just be me lol.

  8. #8308
    The Patient holyevil44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    quebec,canada,na,earth
    Posts
    214
    btw @ lvl 60 are ranger good for dps/pvp ?

  9. #8309
    Field Marshal Basileus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by holyevil44 View Post
    btw @ lvl 60 are ranger good for dps/pvp ?
    Ranger is one of the best pvp classes out there and it sits about in the middle of the pack for dps in pve. It's slightly less gear dependent then other classes but it has a pretty high skill cap.

  10. #8310
    Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    You are quite correct, the leveling is the exact same on every single character. But, I play tera for the combat. I mean, I have read so many posts about how people tried it and hated it because of the bland quests. I never found them bland, I mean yes, they aren't the most in depth quests in the world, but they are very fun.
    Personally, I found the repetitive killing to get very, very old. Nearly every quest is kill 15 of this, kill 15 of that, etc. It wasn't so bad in the earlier levels where AoEing massive groups of enemies is actually feasible, but as time goes on and you can't really do that anymore those quests drag.

    Not to mention that there are few zones you can actually skip, but since you say Tera has the best dungeons I assume you ran them as much as you could while leveling. That's not something I really enjoy doing, I did each one twice at best to complete story quests and then moved on. Even only leveling with rested experience that wasn't enough for me to be able to skip any zones.

    Different tastes, I guess. I never got tired of leveling in WoW, especially after the revamp of the 1-60 content. Plenty of variety when you needed it between multiple zones, dungeons, the ability to level through PvP, etc. Tera, though, as an altoholic I burned out really quickly. It didn't help that if I hated a zone (looking at you, Essenia) I didn't have much of a choice but to complete it. It was either that or run the same level appropriate dungeon ad nauseum, which wasn't much better.

  11. #8311
    Field Marshal Basileus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    98
    I guess we just do have much different tastes. I do understand what you mean though, I can see for some people how kill this and this and this and this over and over would get very boring. It never got boring for me except on my priest and mystic, bu thats probably because i cant stand leveling healers. But the combat was the highlight for me, so it was easy for me to enjoy it the most. Plus, I can't seem to stand the leveling in wow. Never got in to it. And on the dungeon note, what class did you play?I've realized that while playing my lancer it has been a million times more enjoyable.

  12. #8312
    Mystic leveling is stupid boring. Their attacks have zero depth. Priest is some what better but yea I get they are not suppose to be competitive dps but holy cow is it stale.

  13. #8313
    Field Marshal Basileus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    98
    As far as fun leveling goes( mind you my lancer is only 35 right now) I would probably rank in order of fun as: lancer, slayer, sorc, archer, warrior, zerk, priest, mystic. The healers are just so damn boring and play the same from 1-60 basically.

  14. #8314
    Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    As far as fun leveling goes( mind you my lancer is only 35 right now) I would probably rank in order of fun as: lancer, slayer, sorc, archer, warrior, zerk, priest, mystic. The healers are just so damn boring and play the same from 1-60 basically.
    Level in dungeons or Bam duo as a healer, it turns out better.

    For me it:

    Zerker,warrior,lancer,slayer,sorc,priest,archer,mystic.

  15. #8315
    Field Marshal Basileus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    98
    I will concede that I rank zerker much lower than it should be. It was fun, but I couldn't stand the fact that it took 50+ levels to really feel the class. Most of the other classes, cept healers cause I just don't really enjoy playing them, showed their potential/potential much earlier.

  16. #8316
    Pandaren Monk Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    1,964
    For me, I've always enjoyed the leveling process for any mmo I play. Its not necessarily about the quests or the combat...but revisiting dungeons again. Its just not as fun at max lvl as it is going through the dungeon at appropriate levels, even tho you do get a few groups that cause headache.

  17. #8317
    Field Marshal Basileus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    98
    I don't know. Dungeons in tera were always kinda addicting. I couldn't help but want to run them over and over, especially as a lancer. There's just so much going on that I can't help but enjoy it.

  18. #8318
    The Patient holyevil44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    quebec,canada,na,earth
    Posts
    214
    i decided to lvl a archer this time around since that what i rolled in aion so if its as hard as people make it seem it should be easy for me

  19. #8319
    You know, the funny thing is I hated my lancer. I leveled all the classes to at least 45 and lancer was by far my least favorite. The only way I'd play it is if my bf accompanied me with his sorceress. The killing is so ridiculously slower than any other class -- yes, even mystic -- it's just unbearable. I've never enjoyed playing a tank in dungeons either.

    Honestly, I didn't find mystic anywhere near as bad as other people said. At least up until level 40-45 they are massive killing machines. I could pull basically everything in sight and AoE it down with no problems. It made those endless killing quests go by very quickly. Priest was similar, but the fact that they get dropped on their ass if an enemy just breathes on them wrong became a huge turn off in the long run. It got to where every fight was a challenge just to stay on my feet long enough to even do any damage.

    Slayer and 'zerker were probably my overall favorites. Playing a sorc, warrior, or archer after those two felt like a huge downgrade in dps combined with needing to put in a lot more effort to get the job done.

  20. #8320
    Quote Originally Posted by holyevil44 View Post
    i decided to lvl a archer this time around since that what i rolled in aion so if its as hard as people make it seem it should be easy for me
    Not really hard... not sure what people are talking about. I find it really boring. At least its not a pet class like every bow/arrow class in other mmo's

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •