Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    The downloader is fffffucking huge, and given that it goes F2P around tomorrow, expect it to be very difficult to download.
    Hmm well the size doesn't worry me, I have fiber so stuff just downloads crazyfast. But yeah if everyone is going to download it at the same time....might cause some problems >.<

Probably a bad time to start the game for me then:3

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Hmm well the size doesn't worry me, I have fiber so stuff just downloads crazyfast. But yeah if everyone is going to download it at the same time....might cause some problems >.<

Probably a bad time to start the game for me then:3
    It starts big and then compresses I think. Or maybe I'm thinking about TSW files.

Anyway when you open the launcher go to tools and make sure P2P sharing is off or it will take 3x as long.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So... Nerfed BAMS and mystic left to rot?

Yea next game....

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 09:54 PM ----------

Also maid outfit confirmed some time after TERA rising.
    They say anything about it being for more then just Elin? Really going to be disappointed if they don't allow it for more.

Beyonce was wearing a nice Heavy Armor yesterday at the Superbowl, i bet she's a Aman Lancer

So I downloaded the game yesterday (2/3/13) and ever since I've been getting an error with my launcher either A: displaying error code 8001:0001, or B, the login box is totally broken and just stuck on "loading." The game is completely downloaded. There are no answers on error code 8001 anywhere online. Am I missing something about the game going F2P? Is it because I'm just supposed to wait until tomorrow (2/5/13) for the game to even let me try to log in? I knew it wasn't supposed to go F2P until the 5th but it let me download the game and say "Play for Free" and "headstart" so I assumed it was going to let me in. So I guess my question is, am I really having errors, or do I just need to wait until tomorrow for the F2P clients to be like activated or whatever.

EDIT: Never mind I saw the note about updating the game. Forget I said anything.
    Last edited by Tovarish24; 2013-02-04 at 05:42 PM.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Tovarish24 View Post
    So I downloaded the game yesterday (2/3/13) and ever since I've been getting an error with my launcher either A: displaying error code 8001:0001, or B, the login box is totally broken and just stuck on "loading." The game is completely downloaded. There are no answers on error code 8001 anywhere online. Am I missing something about the game going F2P? Is it because I'm just supposed to wait until tomorrow (2/5/13) for the game to even let me try to log in? I knew it wasn't supposed to go F2P until the 5th but it let me download the game and say "Play for Free" and "headstart" so I assumed it was going to let me in. So I guess my question is, am I really having errors, or do I just need to wait until tomorrow for the F2P clients to be like activated or whatever.
    Tera servers are down all day today in prep for the F2P launch.

Oh yeah, forgot that was about now. Tomorrow it seems, so gonna have a look at that sometime tomorrow I guess. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tovarish24 View Post
    https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=141326

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogelweide View Post
    I just played the trial, and to be honest: It was the worst MMO experience Ive ever had. You start at level 20 ???!! Dafuq. You start in a zone with a couple of spell, you got no idea why you have them. You just run from one NPC to another. Just flat out running from x->y the whole time until you finally are able to run to cavern, killing some undeads. Afterwards there is boss you need defeat and after that fight you suddenly disappear. You see then some new recruiters/officers flying to that Island and you see yourself beeing lvl 1 again, cause you lost your memorys. Thats a story line that works maybe in a single player RPG, but does not suit MMOs at all.There are other things, like climbing ladders, which does not suite an MMO.

In my opinion, it is a game that should have just been a single player game with some multiplayer parts, and thats it. Poorly designed. But thats maybe just my opinion.
    I wish that Prologue was optional. It's really not done very well. It aggravates me to no end that the hot bars are locked. I can't configure it the way I normally would, so I have to suffer though a clunky way of moving through it. I don't use WASD. I use a 6 button razer mouse with my right mouse button to move forward and the thumb buttons for left, right, and back. It's the same way I do FPS, so its ingrained in my reflexes.

I rolled characters on the other two servers to try out voice, race, gender combos to see which I like best, and each time I started on the other servers I had to do the prologue. Since I am going to restart on Ascension Valley, I am going to have to do it again.

Even if they would allow you do unlock the hot bars to move skills around and configure movement it would be 10x better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaillus View Post
    I wish that Prologue was optional. It's really not done very well. It aggravates me to no end that the hot bars are locked. I can't configure it the way I normally would, so I have to suffer though a clunky way of moving through it. I don't use WASD. I use a 6 button razer mouse with my right mouse button to move forward and the thumb buttons for left, right, and back. It's the same way I do FPS, so its ingrained in my reflexes.

I rolled characters on the other two servers to try out voice, race, gender combos to see which I like best, and each time I started on the other servers I had to do the prologue. Since I am going to restart on Ascension Valley, I am going to have to do it again.

Even if they would allow you do unlock the hot bars to move skills around and configure movement it would be 10x better.
    You only have to do the prologue once anyway, I don't see what the big deal is. You can skip it on future characters as long as you have a character on the server that has completed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaillus View Post

Last I remember, you can re-bind keys during the prologue (I seem to remember doing it when I did it), though you can't reconfigure action bars. It's a gripe, but you're only using it for about 5-10 minutes tops.

I still think the prologue is one of the best things they did with the localization of the game, and is a spectacular feature that other games should emulate.

"Hey, you're a newbie and all, but here's how powerful you will be pretty soon. You'll also be fighting giant ass monsters like this, and have some wicked cool looking abilities like these. What I'm trying to say is that you're going to be a badass, so get to leveling so you can be this awesome again."

It's spectacular. And it's only forced on the first character, you can skip it on all additional characters.

There is an easy way of skipping that prologue. Once you are in the prologue, log out to the character select screen, then log back with that character and it will ask you if you want to do the prologue or just start the game on the island. Now granted they should have done that from the beginning but you can still skip it by going through an extra step.

So it is now the 5th, anyone know around what time it's going to kick in?
    Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    So it is now the 5th, anyone know around what time it's going to kick in?
    The 5th in the US I would imagine, so a bit later for people in the future : /

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    The 5th in the US I would imagine, so a bit later for people in the future : /
    "Later for people in the future" lol...I found that a little too funny.

TIME TO GET MY SLAYER ROLLING AGAIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I still think the prologue is one of the best things they did with the localization of the game, and is a spectacular feature that other games should emulate.

"Hey, you're a newbie and all, but here's how powerful you will be pretty soon. You'll also be fighting giant ass monsters like this, and have some wicked cool looking abilities like these. What I'm trying to say is that you're going to be a badass, so get to leveling so you can be this awesome again."

It's spectacular. And it's only forced on the first character, you can skip it on all additional characters.
    New mmos are about the adventure for me. I don't WANT to know what abilities I will have. I want to find out myself.

Well, by the time of this post, it'll be the 5th all over Europe as well :P
    Meh.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/v...r-construction

God damn it!

We better get a content preview or something!
    Some would ask
    "How could a perfect God create a universe with so much that is evil?"
    They have missed a greater conundrum
    "Why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"

Will someone make a Harry Potter mmo already?

I saw that earlier, makes me sad. Oh well, I'll just have to wait a few days more to give them my money. I'm totally OK with that.