Quote Originally Posted by Griffon23 View Post
    I've been playing both a Warrior and Slayer pretty evenly because I can't decide which I like more(both about to hit 40) and I've noticed a weird difference with my Warrior that may just be me doing something wrong.

When it comes to BAMs my Warrior is MUCH better. I've been able to solo all BAMs except for one or two types that I'm still working to figure out. My Slayer has taken out BAMs but not nearly as easily or as many, it may just be because he only has one way to dodge at the moment and it may get better when he's higher up. For some reason I have more of a problem with regular mobs on my Warrior than I do with my Slayer. My Slayer completely steamrolls them with no trouble at all. If I'm lucky with procs I'll destroy something in afew seconds, if not I can throw in stuns and still get it down pretty quickly while taking no damage. My Warrior on the other hand can handle BAMs easily, but I almost always take some damage when fighting normal mobs. I think it mostly happens when I leap in and use Traverse Cut, I'm in the animation and get hit, is there a specific way you're pulling them or a rotation you're using to kill quickly and not take much damage? I normally leap in, Traverse Cut, Blade Draw, and if Blade Draw resets Rising Fury and Blade Draw again, if it doesn't I'll go with Reign of Blows usually.

I'm really torn between the two classes right now. I think my Warrior is more my style, faster and more agile, but the Slayer does sooo much more damage, maybe I'll be able to decide when they're both 60.
    Warriors are much quicker which allows much more avoidance, which is the key to killing BAMs (well at least soloing them anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Anyone else noticed this issue with Castanics and other races, where the face is a different hue to the body?

Thread about it on En Masse site: http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...ssues-Castanic

I posted my Castanic in that thread aswell and it just looks meh, it's annoying.
    My Popori's head is a dark gray/black and white, the body is brown. I went through all the color thingies at character creation and could not get body to match the head No, it's not game breaking but it is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffon23 View Post
    I almost always take some damage when fighting normal mobs. I think it mostly happens when I leap in and use Traverse Cut, I'm in the animation and get hit, is there a specific way you're pulling them or a rotation you're using to kill quickly and not take much damage? I normally leap in, Traverse Cut, Blade Draw, and if Blade Draw resets Rising Fury and Blade Draw again, if it doesn't I'll go with Reign of Blows usually.
    The way I do it is Combative Strike -> Traverse Cut -> Blade Draw -> Evasive Roll through/over the mob so that I am behind it/them -> Pounce -> Rain of Blows -> mob is usually dead but if not -> Rising Fury -> Blade Draw if off CD, whatever else is available if not.

The key is to glyph Combative Strike to consume 50% less HP, and Rain of Blows to restore HP. In addition when you use Evasive Roll, you often dodge attacks, but even if you get hit a couple times, the Rain of Blows glyph will restore some of your health. My weapon has an 8% attack speed bonus, is gold, and has 4x +72hp/5 crystals in it. This lets me attack a lot faster so that things die faster, and I am constantly regenerating health.

Generally I kill any normal mob within 5 seconds, and have no down time at all. Sometimes when I move to a new area and the mobs are my level or a level or so above me, I have down time because they hit so hard, even small level differences make a huge difference in TERA. But it isn't long before I am handing their asses back to them, and I keep a huge supply of potions I crafted on me at all times
    Playing: WoW (11/14HC), BF3
    PC: i5 4670k @ 4.4GHz // GTX 780 // 16GB DDR3 // 750GB Samsung 840 EVO // 3x 27" 1440p
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it. - H. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Not trying to dismiss a complaint and all but...damn, that's some nitpicking. Those graphical issues are EXTREMELY minor and I honestly can't see how anyone can notice them without being very zoomed in and specifically looking for them.
    Agreed, it's some serious nitpicking. I agree that there is a pretty terrible looking female human In Velika, outside the room where Samael is. Her face is like gray while her neck and rest of body is pink. She looks ridiculous. But other than that, I can't see any of the issues these people are having. I think they are exaggerating quite a bit, especially when the player models in Tera are the best-looking of any MMO right now.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    The way I do it is Combative Strike -> Traverse Cut -> Blade Draw -> Evasive Roll through/over the mob so that I am behind it/them -> Pounce -> Rain of Blows -> mob is usually dead but if not -> Rising Fury -> Blade Draw if off CD, whatever else is available if not.

The key is to glyph Combative Strike to consume 50% less HP, and Rain of Blows to restore HP. In addition when you use Evasive Roll, you often dodge attacks, but even if you get hit a couple times, the Rain of Blows glyph will restore some of your health. My weapon has an 8% attack speed bonus, is gold, and has 4x +72hp/5 crystals in it. This lets me attack a lot faster so that things die faster, and I am constantly regenerating health.
    Thanks for the info, I do have the glyph for both Combative to use less HP and for RoB to restore HP, I just don't usually think to use Combative on things that's won't be alive very long, even with the reduced HP cost. I have a feeling the 8% attack speed bonus really helps, being "stuck" in the Traverse Cut animation is usually where I take the most damage the whole fight, after Traverse Cut->Blade Draw I rarely take damage after that because I'm rolling and using Vortex and Blade Draw or RoB if Blade Draw isn't off cooldown.

I also didn't even realize I could use more than 1 HP regen crystal. I had a crystal that couldn't be used with another type at one point and instead of investigating just assumed you couldn't use more than one, that little piece of info should help out alot, thanks!

Pit Lord
    I need to figure out this Alchemy/potion system. I have a few recipes for pots I've picked up along the way, but they're all red to me. When I open up Alchemy it's completely blank. What am I missing?
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Probably need to buy some initial recipes first. Then they will show up on your crafting page.

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    I need to figure out this Alchemy/potion system. I have a few recipes for pots I've picked up along the way, but they're all red to me. When I open up Alchemy it's completely blank. What am I missing?
    Go to the alchemy recipe vendor and buy the starter recipes. The ones from drops start at lvl 50, you need to use the other ones to get there.

Honestly, I wouldn't use the drop recipes except on demand. The most efficient way to level to 300 is to use the "material crafting". (e.g making ingots from 1 to 50, upgraded ingots from 50 to 100, etc...)

Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Go to the alchemy recipe vendor and buy the starter recipes. The ones from drops start at lvl 50, you need to use the other ones to get there.

Honestly, I wouldn't use the drop recipes except on demand. The most efficient way to level to 300 is to use the "material crafting". (e.g making ingots from 1 to 50, upgraded ingots from 50 to 100, etc...)
    Where is this vendor in Velika or Allementheia? I've looked for it...
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Anyone else noticed this issue with Castanics and other races, where the face is a different hue to the body?

Thread about it on En Masse site: http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...ssues-Castanic

I posted my Castanic in that thread aswell and it just looks meh, it's annoying.
    Well, first of all, I can automatically disqualify any screenshots taken in the starting zone. As someone who's spent a ludicrous amount of time designing my characters I can say with absolute certainty that the lighting in Isle of Dawn makes your character look significantly 'redder' than anywhere else I've been in the game thus far. However, I will also say that your character never looks like they do in character creation either. The closest I've come to the lighting in character creation is Velika and even that's not exact. So, in that respect I'll agree that what you create is not going to look the same once you're in game. I've learned to always go a shade or two lighter with skintones to compensate.

Secondly, I've honestly never noticed any face to body skin discrepancies like those in the screenshots. I mean, there's the glaringly obvious Popori differences (most of which become non-issues later on thanks to their armor covering everything but their head and tail) and the fact that, depending on skin tone, the back of your head may not match your neck (now that is annoying if you're not using a concealing hairstyle). I've just learned to work around those issues. My Castanic has the ponytail and, yeah, it bugged me that there were 'white spots' around the hairline behind the ears, but I just sized and angled her ears so that I never see them.

finally mad eup my mind and bough the game.. downloading now, what servers u guys are playing at

this game is just awsome !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt6VG6wCnto

screw gw2, how the hell this game dont have a forum ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukim View Post
    this game is just awsome !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt6VG6wCnto

screw gw2, how the hell this game dont have a forum ?!
    Because the game isn't popular enough to warrant its own subforum.

is warrior viable o be dps? or i ll be stuck as tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Randomster View Post
    Indeed. I mean look at gw2. It's a f2p hyped up as the second coming of Jesus. After release, when people realize it can't end world hunger and bring peace on Earth, most will stop playing and will go back to wow or other MMOs, leaving it to the true fans: the 12 years olds whose daddies won't give them money for a p2p, super casual people who play MMOs so rarely that a monthly sub is just not warranted, and generally people looking for some fast entertainmet. The farmers, cheaters and retards will follow through and be louder than ever since getting banned doesn't cause one to lose much, with no sub, and gw2 being tailored to offer access to action really fast.
    I pity people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I pity people like you.
    Yep, game bashing is just stupid. “Play it if you like it, if you don't like it leave it alone.“ People don't spend their time telling people how they hate basketball/volleyball/etc … why should they do it with games?

I like both games. I have Tera and I have been playing GW2 beta events. Tera's character animations & non-tab target combat combined to Guild Wars 2 dynamic events & no-holy-trinity would be wonderful. Maybe we will see it on some next MMO...

Starting zone pictures from both games. ^_^ Note: Different graphic styles. It is personal matter what you like or dislike.

Personally I prefer GW2 aesthetics, but Tera does have probably the best skydome I've ever seen in an MMO. I'm pretty sure the clouds are even dynamic, like real clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by volraths View Post
    is warrior viable o be dps? or i ll be stuck as tank?
    warriors are great dps and fine offtanks, they suck at maintanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjorrit View Post
    warriors are great dps and fine offtanks, they suck at maintanking.
    Warriors as a class dont suck at main tanking, players of warriors suck at it.

Sides warriors are getting some tanking love next patch to lower the skill requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post

read my guide in the sig

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Warriors as a class dont suck at main tanking, players of warriors suck at it.

Sides warriors are getting some tanking love next patch to lower the skill requirements.
    I cant express how much that is true.