Mystic leveling is stupid boring. Their attacks have zero depth. Priest is some what better but yea I get they are not suppose to be competitive dps but holy cow is it stale.

As far as fun leveling goes( mind you my lancer is only 35 right now) I would probably rank in order of fun as: lancer, slayer, sorc, archer, warrior, zerk, priest, mystic. The healers are just so damn boring and play the same from 1-60 basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    As far as fun leveling goes( mind you my lancer is only 35 right now) I would probably rank in order of fun as: lancer, slayer, sorc, archer, warrior, zerk, priest, mystic. The healers are just so damn boring and play the same from 1-60 basically.
    Level in dungeons or Bam duo as a healer, it turns out better.

For me it:

Zerker,warrior,lancer,slayer,sorc,priest,archer,mystic.

I will concede that I rank zerker much lower than it should be. It was fun, but I couldn't stand the fact that it took 50+ levels to really feel the class. Most of the other classes, cept healers cause I just don't really enjoy playing them, showed their potential/potential much earlier.

For me, I've always enjoyed the leveling process for any mmo I play. Its not necessarily about the quests or the combat...but revisiting dungeons again. Its just not as fun at max lvl as it is going through the dungeon at appropriate levels, even tho you do get a few groups that cause headache.

I don't know. Dungeons in tera were always kinda addicting. I couldn't help but want to run them over and over, especially as a lancer. There's just so much going on that I can't help but enjoy it.

i decided to lvl a archer this time around since that what i rolled in aion so if its as hard as people make it seem it should be easy for me

You know, the funny thing is I hated my lancer. I leveled all the classes to at least 45 and lancer was by far my least favorite. The only way I'd play it is if my bf accompanied me with his sorceress. The killing is so ridiculously slower than any other class -- yes, even mystic -- it's just unbearable. I've never enjoyed playing a tank in dungeons either.

Honestly, I didn't find mystic anywhere near as bad as other people said. At least up until level 40-45 they are massive killing machines. I could pull basically everything in sight and AoE it down with no problems. It made those endless killing quests go by very quickly. Priest was similar, but the fact that they get dropped on their ass if an enemy just breathes on them wrong became a huge turn off in the long run. It got to where every fight was a challenge just to stay on my feet long enough to even do any damage.

Slayer and 'zerker were probably my overall favorites. Playing a sorc, warrior, or archer after those two felt like a huge downgrade in dps combined with needing to put in a lot more effort to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by holyevil44 View Post
    i decided to lvl a archer this time around since that what i rolled in aion so if its as hard as people make it seem it should be easy for me
    Not really hard... not sure what people are talking about. I find it really boring. At least its not a pet class like every bow/arrow class in other mmo's

We just have obvious play style differences. But I'm just glad you can support your opinions.
    The community for tera has gone down the drain over the past few months. Hopefully it'll pick back up when we get a new flow of players coming in.

We just have obvious play style differences. But I'm just glad you can support your opinions.
    The community for tera has gone down the drain over the past few months. Hopefully it'll pick back up when we get a new flow of players coming in.
    global chat and every time someone enchants something to +9 is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    global chat and every time someone enchants something to +9 is annoying.
    Global chat isn't so bad, I just hate the "Elin master race" chat 24/7. Cause I personally only play Amen.
    And you can turn the global enchanting spam off.

Initially it's probably going to be very, very bad. I remember when Tera did it's first trial. Oi.

I completely agree that the community will be awful at first. Every game I've played that's gone f2p has had this same problem for the first little bit. I expect tera to be no different. Though a lot of us have been trying to push a lot of other players to try and help our the new players when they arrive. I know on the tempest reach we have about 4 guilds established so far that their main goal is going to be helping the new players learn the ropes.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:38 PM ----------

Also, if anyone is curious, mmorpg.com just did a pretty short but good interview about the new f2p system.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/feature...ame=477&ismb=1
    Last edited by Basileus; 2013-01-19 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Initially it's probably going to be very, very bad. I remember when Tera did it's first trial. Oi.

US is pretty bad atm since they gave original game buyers 2 free weeks to play right now.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    US is pretty bad atm since they gave original game buyers 2 free weeks to play right now.
    What problems have you had with the original players? I mean, I've been playing since the beta and the worst people I have seen are the ones from after the first three months of release.

What problems have you had with the original players? I mean, I've been playing since the beta and the worst people I have seen are the ones from after the first three months of release.
    What I mean is general chat seems a bit more "trolly" atm. Original players who haven't played since launch (and their first 30 days) are back for two weeks and trolling it up. I'm not saying it's the case for every single returning player but it seem pretty volatile the few times I've played since getting the two week freebee.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

First thing I did when I played for my free weeks was get rid of the chat. Makes it a whole lot better.

Hi guys.

I decided to play again TERA a bit before they make it f2p. The thing is, I got the game when it was announced so right now I have a standard edition. The thing is, I cant seem to apply a trial to it, is this normal? I wouldn't like to start playing on a new account and then re-starting again on my old account when the game becomes f2p...

Also, is Warrior a viable dps class? which of the melee classes do you see as the most fun?

Thanks!

Mechagnome
    As many, I'm keeping an eye on it. Everything from the graphics to the combat are amazing. Having that full control of over my character is an unique feeling.