Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Yeah, Im EU. Looong time ago tried tera in beta but never bough. Im just curious why I have two "accounts" then.
    If you played in the beta, on more than one weekend. Like you managed to get two beta keys or something, you'll have two accts. It's how I have two. Played one weekend, decided I really wanted to play another, snagged a 2nd key and then preordered after that 2nd weekend.

I had thought about maybe rerolling on the new pve server, since I enjoy going through the dungeons again at appropriate levels, but no. I'm not going to touch it unless my friend is on. I had my fill of "playing an elin makes you a pedo!" and other idiotic talk during beta weekends, I'll wait til that all dies down.

Quote Originally Posted by Binge View Post
    Now tera is F2P is it worth playing, without the extra monthly fee, or do you get a big disavdantage not paying it?
    No disadvantages, mostly everything is the same before F2P, restrictions really are how many character slots per server, bank space, and amount of gold you can mail someone. Can be expanded by cash shop. No idea about mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    No disadvantages, mostly everything is the same before F2P, restrictions really are how many character slots per server, bank space, and amount of gold you can mail someone. Can be expanded by cash shop. No idea about mail.

will have to give it a try then looks decent

I have two accounts because I paid for them. One is the digital collector's edition with pre-order bonuses and the other a month old code I bought on Amazon.

What can I say? A game with such cool looking races means 8 characters isn't enough.
    Some would ask
    "How could a perfect God create a universe with so much that is evil?"
    They have missed a greater conundrum
    "Why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I have two accounts because I paid for them. One is the digital collector's edition with pre-order bonuses and the other a month old code I bought on Amazon.

What can I say? A game with such cool looking races means 8 characters isn't enough.
    lol, I concur so much. My friend and I are always like "Damnit tera, why do you do this?" Because most of the time we're wishy washy about what character we want to play at that point in time. So hard to choose !

Have they fised the lag and disconnects yet? The game was unplayable the other night with all the returning players.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Have they fised the lag and disconnects yet? The game was unplayable the other night with all the returning players.
    I think they may still be having issues. Servers crashed at 11PM CST last night, about a 15min lag fest followed by a restart. Earlier today the Tera forums were acting really weird so I checked the server status and they were down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    lol, I concur so much. My friend and I are always like "Damnit tera, why do you do this?" Because most of the time we're wishy washy about what character we want to play at that point in time. So hard to choose !
    You should see my character roster in Champions Online. I do not regret paying for lifetime membership. I get to make a shit ton of characters and I get a new slot for free every time a character reaches max level.

I am an altoholic, and that's okay.
    Some would ask
    "How could a perfect God create a universe with so much that is evil?"
    They have missed a greater conundrum
    "Why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You should see my character roster in Champions Online. I do not regret paying for lifetime membership. I get to make a shit ton of characters and I get a new slot for free every time a character reaches max level.

I am an altoholic, and that's okay.
    I still have yet to get either one of my characters to max level in that game -_-

I have downloaded the us version because my friend is the idiot. Is there any way to change it so it can access eu servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    I have downloaded the us version because my friend is the idiot. Is there any way to change it so it can access eu servers?
    No there is not

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    No there is not
    ....fuck this game....... *FLIPS TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    ....fuck this game....... *FLIPS TABLE
    You should flip your friend, it'd be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The one disadvantage I can see happening and I really hope it doesn't happen. With elite, you can get over 2k gold in an hour with zero effort (dailies + nexus). Logically, since it's so easy to make gold there is the possibility of inflation of prices on items and for people without elite, it will be even harder to buy stuff because they don't have access to 20 dailies and x2 gold. I haven't really noticed an inflation right now but we'll see how things go when the cash shop is in for awhile.

Hey folks,

I'm a newbie who tried the game last night for an hour or so. My first impression of the game was quite positive except for one fact. The font is too damn small. I had to get close to the monitor each time I picked a quest or read about abilities. Is there any way to increase the size of the text? It would help a lot.

Now, I tried a sorcerer and the warrior, and found the later to be much more enjoyable. I love everything that has to do with dual swords, so I'll probably stick to warrior. Still, is that a good DPS class? As a newbie, I'm open to every advice I can get from you veterans.

And one last thing. I plan to play this game with my brother. Can you suggest me two classes that work well together while being fun to play?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MurdiStorm View Post
    Hey folks,

I'm a newbie who tried the game last night for an hour or so. My first impression of the game was quite positive except for one fact. The font is too damn small. I had to get close to the monitor each time I picked a quest or read about abilities. Is there any way to increase the size of the text? It would help a lot.

Now, I tried a sorcerer and the warrior, and found the later to be much more enjoyable. I love everything that has to do with dual swords, so I'll probably stick to warrior. Still, is that a good DPS class? As a newbie, I'm open to every advice I can get from you veterans.

And one last thing. I plan to play this game with my brother. Can you suggest me two classes that work well together while being fun to play?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
    all dps classes are pretty much inline with each other.

Warrior + anything works, if you plan to level together and he likes healing go mystic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    So... anyone know how to get the cast bar to show up? (If there even is one)
    no cast times in the game, only restricted by animations

and no there is no animations time bar

the feeling when i play this game, it feels like there are actually players playing it and areas are not dead (so far lvl 25 and where ever i go there are people.)

What Meele based classes are stronk in PvP? I used to play the Paladin/Guardian style classes in other MMO's with high damage output and self healing capability. Does TERA have this type of class? If not, What Meele class is stronk in PvP with high damage and survivabilty

I'm at work and cannot go onto the website because it stands out alot, While MMO-Champ is a little more subtle :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    What Meele based classes are stronk in PvP? I used to play the Paladin/Guardian style classes in other MMO's with high damage output and self healing capability. Does TERA have this type of class? If not, What Meele class is stronk in PvP with high damage and survivabilty

I'm at work and cannot go onto the website because it stands out alot, While MMO-Champ is a little more subtle :P

This game is FAR more skill based so much so that such queries really don;t mean as much..However lancer warrior and zerker are probably your best bets. Unless you'd rather dodge then warrior or slayer.