Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    with only 2 character slots its not easy trying out each class especially to 30
    It's not too difficult if you have multiple email addresses. I made three more just to max each class since I can't pay for more character slots right now.

Is anyone else having FPS issues with this game as of late?

Could just be the areas in in at the moment but... when I played this a bit over 6 months ago I used to have 30-50 FPS pretty much everywhere.
    Now I'm having around 10-35 FPS pretty much everywhere unless I'm staring at a wall. It gets really annoying especially in instances during bosses where I usually have 5-15 FPS which makes healing a bit harder than it has to be unless the groups is really good and actually dodges shit so they dont get almost insta-gibbed every 5 seconds or so.

I did an FPS-fix I found on the Tera-forums which included a modified S1Engine.ini and some new "older" drivers for my nVIDIA gfx-card. It worked wonders for 1 day when I had 40-60 FPS all around and around 25-35'ish in instances even during bosses. And this was with medium'ish settings.

But now it seems the fix "stopped working" or something and I'm back to shit FPS even with the lowest settings

It just seems like the game-engine is really buggy and badly optimized. The FPS just goes up and down like crazy which is really going to suck when I hit lvl60 (59 now) and go into some BGs and such.

I was subbed to tera for 6 month.Do you get something special now that the game is f2p?

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    with only 2 character slots its not easy trying out each class especially to 30
    2 per server too. Also the prologue helps a lot, lets you try a lvl 20 character on the go.

I saw a berserker with aggro crystals, can they tank?
    pro-gun liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    I was subbed to tera for 6 month.Do you get something special now that the game is f2p?
    Classified as a "veteran" account - comes with a full 8 character slots open, an exclusive mount, a Founder title, and a couple other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post

Could just be the areas in in at the moment but... when I played this a bit over 6 months ago I used to have 30-50 FPS pretty much everywhere.
    Now I'm having around 10-35 FPS pretty much everywhere unless I'm staring at a wall. It gets really annoying especially in instances during bosses where I usually have 5-15 FPS which makes healing a bit harder than it has to be unless the groups is really good and actually dodges shit so they dont get almost insta-gibbed every 5 seconds or so.

I did an FPS-fix I found on the Tera-forums which included a modified S1Engine.ini and some new "older" drivers for my nVIDIA gfx-card. It worked wonders for 1 day when I had 40-60 FPS all around and around 25-35'ish in instances even during bosses. And this was with medium'ish settings.

But now it seems the fix "stopped working" or something and I'm back to shit FPS even with the lowest settings

It just seems like the game-engine is really buggy and badly optimized. The FPS just goes up and down like crazy which is really going to suck when I hit lvl60 (59 now) and go into some BGs and such.
    Did you set the S1Engine.ini to read only? If you don't, tera will undo your changes. But yes, tera is very badly optimized. Well its really the UI that's the main issue with the game. I know for me, I get 5-6 times the FPS if I turn off the UI. Really wish they would fix the UI issue for AMD users. (Most the people with the UI bug are AMD users sadly).
    3DS Friend Code-2208-5660-1089 (Please PM me with your FC if you add me, thanks!)
    Currently playing Bravely Default/Rune Factory 4

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    But yes, tera is very badly optimized.
    False. Tera is one of the best optimized MMOs out there.

EU side, how do I cancel my subcription? I wanna still play F2P, but I had started a subscription a couple of weeks ago. I've gone into the account link from the initial loader window when you first start up the game, but that link doesn't let you change subscription. I've also tried the enmasse account link (which is a US link?) but my email and password do not work on that link.

Am I missing something here? Or they made it so you can only cancel sub by talking to their support direct?
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Laptop: Vortex 17.3" [CPU] i7-4910MQ [RAM] 16GB 1600MHZ [GPU] AMD R9 M290X 4GB [SSD] 960GB Crucial M500

Anyone with a NVIDIA card that can run the game well? I have problems with my 680 running the game - every few minutes the game stutters and I see my FPS go to 0 .
    Steam Big Picture Mode - 4570 - GA-H87N - MSI R9-290 - 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO
    Corsair 250D - Philips 55 LED TV - Corsair RM 550 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

4770K - EVGA 780 Ti SC- Corsair 350D - V700 - Gryphon Z87
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - Samsung 840 250GB - H60

Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    EU side, how do I cancel my subcription? I wanna still play F2P, but I had started a subscription a couple of weeks ago. I've gone into the account link from the initial loader window when you first start up the game, but that link doesn't let you change subscription. I've also tried the enmasse account link (which is a US link?) but my email and password do not work on that link.

Am I missing something here? Or they made it so you can only cancel sub by talking to their support direct?
    Go into the Tera Shop Ingame and click on the tera club, then "join the tera club" and you will be able to unsubscribe on the page you will be forwarded to. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Well as Lagmonster said, the main-issue seems to tbe the UI and not the actual game-engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Anyone with a NVIDIA card that can run the game well? I have problems with my 680 running the game - every few minutes the game stutters and I see my FPS go to 0 .
    Do you have the newest drivers for nvidia cards? Cause those drivers dont go too well with Tera.

Get the 296.16 driver for nvidia cards and it should fix some of the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Go into the Tera Shop Ingame and click on the tera club, then "join the tera club" and you will be able to unsubscribe on the page you will be forwarded to. :3
    That is a tedious way long winded but I guess business smart way of doing that :S Thanks!
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Laptop: Vortex 17.3" [CPU] i7-4910MQ [RAM] 16GB 1600MHZ [GPU] AMD R9 M290X 4GB [SSD] 960GB Crucial M500

Do you have the newest drivers for nvidia cards?
    Yes I do, i'll try and see if it works :/
    Steam Big Picture Mode - 4570 - GA-H87N - MSI R9-290 - 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO
    Corsair 250D - Philips 55 LED TV - Corsair RM 550 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

4770K - EVGA 780 Ti SC- Corsair 350D - V700 - Gryphon Z87
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - Samsung 840 250GB - H60

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Be nice if you would read the rest of my statement. The UI is the issue, and as its part of the game, its part of the whole package. The fact is there are a lot of people who have issues with this game. Just go do a quick search on the official forums for NA, EU, Jtera, and Ktera to see how wrong you are in regards to the amount of people with performance issues. The majority being AMD processor users. This is also known by the developers and has been commented on as a work in progress. But this has been an issue since it first came out at release in Korea.
    3DS Friend Code-2208-5660-1089 (Please PM me with your FC if you add me, thanks!)

This has been a problem since cbt and hasn't even been acknowledged by bluehole as a problem. If you have a super gaming computer, it won't be as bad, but for the majority with somewhat average computers won't be able to play this game well in this state. I have a good computer (not top-end though) and I get like 5 fps in dungeons whereas I can play just about every single-player game out there on max settings (including crysis) and wow on ultra in 25m with 60 fps).

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    This has been a problem since cbt and hasn't even been acknowledged by bluehole as a problem. If you have a super gaming computer, it won't be as bad, but for the majority with somewhat average computers won't be able to play this game well in this state. I have a good computer (not top-end though) and I get like 5 fps in dungeons whereas I can play just about every single-player game out there on max settings (including crysis) and wow on ultra in 25m with 60 fps).
    Yeah but the magical thing is I actually got decent FPS for several hours a few nights ago after doing some "fixing". But then again it could be that the Saleron Sky Garden is one of the "better optimzed" areas in the game or something :P

Oh my...

ticket support is really slow -.-

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    ticket support is really slow -.-
    Its to be expected with the influx of players. I always had great interactions with my support tickets, but this was before the f2p transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    I have a 680 too, and I haven't encountered any problems yet. Maybe you need to update your drivers?

Edit: Scrap that, I looked on the wrong page and didn't see anyone replying just that to you. >.<

For those who have leveled characters in the past, I'm curious where the brick wall is in this game. I've gotten my first character to 42 and am starting to waver a little about the leveling grind but I'm thinking it could be because I'm a priest who mostly solos so I'm not killing stuff as fast or getting as much xp (because I'm not really doing instances or BAMs) as other players.

I'd heard the leveling wall was between 52-60 for most?