Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Yea been watching Priest PoV videos and it actually doesnt look that hard. Just want something to avoid hour+ queues. Also hated tanking. It just felt odd. Half the time I didnt know when I was supposed to block and when to DPS. When I Blocked someone else got agro and when I DPSed to maintain agro I got hit for half my health or knocked down. Id try to read bosses but every fight was different so when I thought he was going to do something he would just do something else. Problem with a Priest is going to be solo farming for gold. Unless queuing for instances is good gold at 60? I mean can a Priest solo something like 3 Towers or stuff around Pathfinder post?
    I don't know really. I haven't tried soloing as a priest/mystic before, but I'm sure someone somewhere has done it. Someone more experienced than I at the healing classes should be able to answer those questions for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Healing, can be the most boring class, if everyone of your group quite literally takes no damage, lol. Well, there's usually one derp or something or the occasional mess up if your group is that good, else it's not that bad.
    (I've had it, the healer literally was like... I hate you all, you make this boring)
    If they're not taking damage, that means you can go do the fat deeps as a healer!

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    If they're not taking damage, that means you can go do the fat deeps as a healer!
    Exactly. Shocking Implosion OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I don't know really. I haven't tried soloing as a priest/mystic before, but I'm sure someone somewhere has done it. Someone more experienced than I at the healing classes should be able to answer those questions for you.
    Yea dont care about solo farming BAMs just massive amounts of normal mobs. Im pretty sure healers cant solo lvl 60 BAMs and if they could it would take like 30 mins. But I read K-Tera had BAMs nerfed so that means we will get it soon too so maybe eventually we can.

Not like its any more fun in WoW. Watch TV and randomly click something on VuhDo.
    I don't know if i should be posting this but nothing in wow really was fun. It was just watching #'s and recount that was fun, as a dps or healer.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    The best visual is when you Stand Fast while the BAM is doing a charge and you get pushed back while blocking. It just totally conveys that you are an awesome tank.
    Oh yes. My god when you get the crucial block that pushes you back or saves your life. Or that every so perfect block that makes you feel like a badass. That is what I always have wanted as a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    yes we were working on forming one, not sure what the deal is atm.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 05:05 PM ----------

Flew to bastion to do dailies and this is what happened 0_0

http://i.imgur.com/AJF6W8B.jpg
    another game with grinding dailies? ugh...

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 07:02 AM ----------

Healing, can be the most boring class, if everyone of your group quite literally takes no damage, lol. Well, there's usually one derp or something or the occasional mess up if your group is that good, else it's not that bad.
    (I've had it, the healer literally was like... I hate you all, you make this boring)
    wish i could have you tag along with all the games i play so id never have to worry about dying lol

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 07:03 AM ----------

So basically as long as all my gear is +9ed and I know how to use my spells then solo leveling and healing instances will at least be a joke until I hit 60?

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 11:47 PM ----------

Not like its any more fun in WoW. Watch TV and randomly click something on VuhDo. At least bosses seem to have one shot mechanics from some videos I have watched. WoW players cried so much all those have been removed from MoP it seems. Only boring part Im seeing is leveling. As they dont seem to have a huge DPS arsenal. But my Zerker was about as fun as watching paint dry. Round up 15 mobs, fully charge cyclone, unload killing everything at once, loot, then repeat. Cant be more boring than that.
    pfft try it without an addon, your just spoiled for having a way to making it easy
    Last edited by Achaman; 2013-02-18 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    wish i could have you tag along with all the games i play so id never have to worry about dying lol
    I haven't played 'that' much in a while, sooooooooo, no idea how I'll do.
    Yea been watching Priest PoV videos and it actually doesnt look that hard. Just want something to avoid hour+ queues. Problem with a Priest is going to be solo farming for gold. Unless queuing for instances is good gold at 60? Also can a Priest solo something like 3 Towers or stuff around Pathfinder post?
    You're fine, just don't aggro everything. Everyone can solo anything. Just depends on how aggressive or defensive you are will determine the time.
    So basically as long as all my gear is +9ed and I know how to use my spells then solo leveling and healing instances will at least be a joke until I hit 60?
    Why are you going to +9 your gear at low level...?
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    You're doing it wrong!

You're doing it wrong!
    Quit doing it right.

whats mystic like? im tempted to try it and hope my support like abilities will get people to group up more as i just lose interest when i have to solo everything all the time..

I've heard the mystic is a slayer's best friend for increased crit chance.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    I've heard the mystic is a slayer's best friend for increased crit chance.
    mystics are everyone's best friend. You seriously never run oom, and crit a bunch. I find them extremely boring to play though.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    mystics are everyone's best friend. You seriously never run oom, and crit a bunch. I find them extremely boring to play though.
    If you find Mystic boring you shouldnt try a Priest :P

Try some PvP as Mystic and enjoy! But seriously, even in PvE there's so much you can do as a Mystic unless you just wanna sit there being an aura-battery and toss 1 heal every now and then.

As far as leveling goes, though... Yeah, it's boring as hell as a Mystic

Mystic is more fun of the 2 supports but you're going to rage when you get grouped with baddies as a Mystic cannot carry as well as a Priest can.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    The point TERA's combat is to not be like every other MMO over the past 12 years. It's a big change, but it's not too hard to get into if your group isn't full of derps, and even then a decent healer can carry a group relatively well.
    You cant carry people as a Healer in a game where mistakes in content that matters means instant death in most cases. Though it is possible to carry derps that get hit by EVERYTHING ELSE but those one-shot mechanics... Though even then its kinda hard since most of the time when they get dropped from 100% to 5% with a poison effect on them they just run to the opposite direction of you :-)

Dont mind me, though. I just got mad last night with a group full of melees that I had to ress during bosses 100000 times. Argon Corpus last boss 2 out of 3 melees ALWYAS died instantly whenever the boss did the 360 beam attack. ALWAYS. I had to ress both of them like 6 times during the fight. Best part was that one of them was a Warrior... Warriors have no way of avoiding damage, right...? RIGHT?!

Gawd... I'm so happy that my main-focus in this game is PvP and not PvE.... I'm just doing some instances every now and then to get some rings/necks untill I have +9 Fraywind and can buy the rings/neck with the PvP points. Luckily I got my precious Heal Ball 30% Heal-advanced glyph after my first run in Sirjuka Gallery so I dont have to go there again either <3
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2013-02-18 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Exactly. Shocking Implosion OP!
    Shocking implosion is OP

it's awesome

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    whats mystic like? im tempted to try it and hope my support like abilities will get people to group up more as i just lose interest when i have to solo everything all the time..
    Solo as a mystic is the worst thing in this game and mystic isn't really a support healer (I don't know why they kept that label) it terms of dynamic it's significantly less than a priest. Priest has a huger arsenal of heals and attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Solo as a mystic is the worst thing in this game and mystic isn't really a support healer (I don't know why they kept that label) it terms of dynamic it's significantly less than a priest. Priest has a huger arsenal of heals and attacks.
    Silence, heathen!

Even if Mystics are not as good as carrying derps in instances we at least have the BALLS to go in there and still get the job done.... Yeah!

Only thing I agree with you about is that leveling and playing Mystic solo is friggin' boring. And that our Power-buff (Titanic Wrath) is really stupid since you have to run around like a goddamn Houdini in the bosses feet to keep the buff up on everyone with the measly 35 second duration... Should be 2 minutes at least.

But honestly, the mana-balls are crit/mana-auras are pretty awesomesauce. Especially if you have a Sorc/Archer in your group.

+ our CC is fun to play around with :P

Why are you going to +9 your gear at low level...?
    I would at least +6 everything as soon as I can get Oranges. Its basically free up to +6 when you have 12k gold. If you are gonna level the slowest class compared to a Slayer, Berserker, Sorc I kinda have to +6 current gear just to get the DPS needed to not take 3 years to hit 60.
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2013-02-18 at 03:01 PM.

How long does it take to get used to tanking? I tried a Lancer and ran the first instance about a dozen times but even having mained a Tank in Rift, WoW, and Sweater for all end game content I cant get the hang of it here. I cant ever figure out when to block to keep from either losing half my health or getting knocked down. I block when the obvious stuff like red eyes or boss jumping in the air happens. But other than that theres still stuff that knocks me down. Also at the same time when should I DPS. I know probably until I get in the late 50s nothing is going to rape the DPS if I lose agro for a few seconds but once I hit 60 and Sorcs and Zerkers and hitting for close to or even over a mil damage is it easy to keep agro? My Lancer was really fun to level and quest with but like I said I couldnt get the hang of when to block. I saw some Lancers soloing the Basilisks outside BoL and tried it and couldnt even get them to 80% before having to run away.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-02-18 at 03:34 PM.

I forget who I was responding too but, I'm on Tempest Reach-US server and while I can't speak for the other servers, if you don't have a founders account, you're going to end up with definite queues on weekend (Friday, Saturday) nights for sure of 1-2 hours and possibly on weeknights as well. Founders don't have to deal with queues, if you can find a hard copy of the game somewhere (I went to two different Best Buy before finding one) it's worth the $20 imo to have no queue, 30 slots on the broker, 8 character slots per server and the free mount at level 1. In addition, and I didn't realize this until a few people in game were talking about it...if you put in your activation code from a hard copy of the game backwards, you get a sandy tiger/lioness 280% speed mount and two emeralds (which vendor for 1,000 gold each).

On the issue of priest and healing...I rolled priest and it's currently sitting at 45 and the lock on heals aren't really an issue, healing dungeons was extremely easy...you can just hit your aoe heals and aim them in the direction of the melee and everyone is sitting pretty. However, I got extremely bored and frustrated with the solo leveling process of the priest. I wasn't having any fun at all. I took yesterday to roll a mystic to 20 and I'm going to try out healing the first instance...I find their dps leveling style much more fun for me so if I like their healing style as well I might just change that up to my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    How long does it take to get used to tanking? I tried a Lancer and ran the first instance about a dozen times but even having mained a Tank in Rift, WoW, and Sweater for all end game content I cant get the hang of it here. I cant ever figure out when to block to keep from either losing half my health or getting knocked down. I block when the obvious stuff like red eyes or boss jumping in the air happens. But other than that theres still stuff that knocks me down. Also at the same time when should I DPS. I know probably until I get in the late 50s nothing is going to rape the DPS if I lose agro for a few seconds but once I hit 60 and Sorcs and Zerkers and hitting for close to or even over a mil damage is it easy to keep agro? My Lancer was really fun to level and quest with but like I said I couldnt get the hang of when to block. I saw some Lancers soloing the Basilisks outside BoL and tried it and couldnt even get them to 80% before having to run away.
    You either do really well with tanking, or just fail miserably at it. It's not something that you can mash buttons / cooldowns and win. Every move has a telegraph, whether quick or slow, so learn them and act accordingly.

You either do really well with tanking, or just fail miserably at it. It's not something that you can mash buttons / cooldowns and win. Every move has a telegraph, whether quick or slow, so learn them and act accordingly.
    Seems like half the people play Lancers cant figure out how they still get instant groups. I can see like 15 of them just at the bank in Velika and its not even noon. Prime time like 30 of them standing around. They cant be that hard to play if theres so many of them. I mean its not like WoW or Rift where they can just respec and go DPS if they like the class but dont like tanking. They have to tank. I mean is it alright to take some damage. When I first started tanking early instances I just tried to block the whole time cause I thought I wasnt supposed to take any damage at all lol. Also I certainly hope groups dont expect a new tank to come in and be perfect. Even if I dont know when to block all the time while leveling if I just +6 or even +9 all my gear with good rolls and use reduced damage Crystals will that help some until I can get better at the encounters? I would watch boss videos but Im living at my farm house now out in the country and they still havent hooked up my fiber connection yet so it takes like an hour to download a 12 min video at 720 reso.