1. #9241
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,668
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Check local shops or online retailers? You'll only be able to find physical copies at this point, as I don't think that they would have recalled the remaining stock.
    They haven't.

    I went to my local Best Buy and they didn't have any more, they called the store 15 minutes away and they had one copy left which I got. They did away with digital copies but any boxed copies left are the only way to get founder status now.

    I'm not sure what stores they might have them at in the EU but US they were selling at Best Buy and Walmart at least. You can still look on Amazon.com too although the price has been hiked up there.

  2. #9242
    Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    It's not just MMOs. Video games in general have shifted to cater to a broader audiences for over a decade now. Simple fact is that game production is a business, and hard core gamers are too small a niche. It's all about personal interest. One person's "hard, challenging level curve" is another player's "tedious, boring grind." At some point you do have to accept that your opinion is not the majority, and that the majority is where the money is at. Blaming less hard core players for what game companies do doesn't accomplish anything except alienate potential allies in that community.

    I'd argue that if you are truly a "gamer with limitless dedication and investment" you should instead look towards e-sports and games that evolve in that sphere. Professional gaming is catered exactly towards that mentality. Instead of improving a digital character's experience bar, you're improving your own skill, and the rewards at the top end eclipse any kudos you might get for having a kitted out character in an MMO. Of course, this requires real dedication, and not just a mere thirst for tedium.

    The only other solutions I see are some level of innovation I can't fathom (easily possible, or I'd be making games myself :P), or people stopping the complaining and starting work on a game they would want to play. Self-funding, or finding a company with a similar mindset and offering appropriate payment. Attempt that and I think you may quickly find why companies don't make games like they used to. If you take the commonly used 5% hardcore statistic, and a typical 15$ per month payment, figure you might expect to have to offer up ~300$ a month per player to keep the game profitable.
    While it's true that games are indeed considered more of a business these days than gaming for the love of gaming for developers and publishers, the rest of your thesis is invalidated by games like EvE-Online and Path of Exile, successful games that are niche aimed at a hardcore audience, one subscription based at competitive rates and one free to play.

    What you are talking about is corporate greed and has nothing to do with catering to the majority to make ends meet.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  3. #9243
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Check local shops or online retailers? You'll only be able to find physical copies at this point, as I don't think that they would have recalled the remaining stock.
    My two local stores don't have it. Amazon only has collectors for £140.

    Hoped some other EU people who of managed to pick one up somewhere.

  4. #9244
    Herald of the Titans Achaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    pfft as if you care..
    Posts
    2,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Anyone know where you can still get copies of the EU version? :s
    why would you want to... gameforge is terrible if your going to get it get the US version from amazon or somethin


    btw im EU and play the US version as i know from owning the EU version of aion how shitty gameforge can be

  5. #9245
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    been playing an elin zerker atm and im enjoying spin2win but fey forest gets quite abit more painfull than i wouldve thought.. ive been asking for people to teamup but no luck so far
    I caved on my Zerker for that exact reason. Its honestly probably one of the most boring classes I have played in any MMO. Charge up cyclone, loot, repeat. It got old by the time I hit 45.

  6. #9246
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    why would you want to... gameforge is terrible if your going to get it get the US version from amazon or somethin


    btw im EU and play the US version as i know from owning the EU version of aion how shitty gameforge can be
    I have copy of the US version from release but all my friends play on EU for F2P.


    Anyway, another question. Does anyone else have problems with getting their laptop to use their nvidia card instead of onboard for TERA. Mines randomly stop using it I think, as I can barely get 20fps on low settings when last week I had 40-60fps dependant on area. My Nvidia panel says that TERA is set to use it but doesn't feel like it is.

  7. #9247
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Anyway, another question. Does anyone else have problems with getting their laptop to use their nvidia card instead of onboard for TERA. Mines randomly stop using it I think, as I can barely get 20fps on low settings when last week I had 40-60fps dependant on area. My Nvidia panel says that TERA is set to use it but doesn't feel like it is.
    You talking about something like an integrated Intel GPU running instead of an Nvidia card? I've heard about others having this issue, but sadly haven't seen any fixes for this (if it is what's happening to you).

  8. #9248
    Warchief Meteoria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Space Walrus
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Anyway, another question. Does anyone else have problems with getting their laptop to use their nvidia card instead of onboard for TERA. Mines randomly stop using it I think, as I can barely get 20fps on low settings when last week I had 40-60fps dependant on area. My Nvidia panel says that TERA is set to use it but doesn't feel like it is.
    I had that issue recently, if you recently installed the new Nvidia drivers it caused some major fps issues with all games rather than just TERA so it may help to re-install them/install the previous version. If it is using your Intergrated Chip you can disable it at Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Device Manager>Display Devices and disable the chip that isn't Nvidia.

  9. #9249
    What's a good pvp server on Tera? I play on EU and I can pick a server to transfer all my characters to. Anyone know which is a good server to play on?

  10. #9250
    Herald of the Titans Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,544
    What the hell is up with priests and not using their dispel? Of all the spells to not use, WHY THAT ONE? grrr.

  11. #9251
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:ぺこ
    Posts
    8,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    What the hell is up with priests and not using their dispel? Of all the spells to not use, WHY THAT ONE? grrr.
    Years of neglect of the dispel buttons in other games?

  12. #9252
    Herald of the Titans Achaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    pfft as if you care..
    Posts
    2,681
    spin2win doesnt seem to go all that well in a group yet everytime i start a new area like now im starting oblivion woods it just gets a bit dull having to solo more stuff ive only found one person to teamup with so far but he never said anything and i swear the round robin is bugged as he got everything that i picked up..


    im thinking ill get to 20 try a few dungeons see what their like and see if i want to continue from there as i just cant get into the other classes

  13. #9253
    Possibly the most important question I could think of for you TERA players:

    Is there a pointy witch hat model obtainable in ze game? I kind of need one.


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  14. #9254
    Herald of the Titans Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Possibly the most important question I could think of for you TERA players:

    Is there a pointy witch hat model obtainable in ze game? I kind of need one.
    Yes there is! You can get it from one of the reputations at lvl 60.

  15. #9255
    Is there an mmo-c EU guild ?

  16. #9256
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    You talking about something like an integrated Intel GPU running instead of an Nvidia card? I've heard about others having this issue, but sadly haven't seen any fixes for this (if it is what's happening to you).
    That's right, yea. I have it set in my nvidia control panel and nvidia inspector to use the gpu when playing any game but in TERA my fps just seems very low for the specs (i7 2670QM, 8GB ram, GT540M on 1366x768res) I updated to the latest drivers since I was having fps issues as described with the pervious driver. Some on three forum are saying it was to do with the latest TERA update.

  17. #9257
    I started playing this game yesterday, i must admit i am a little disappointed, I've hit level 13-14 and i found the prologue and dawn island a real bore and very monotonous
    The world seems fairly empty and all the packs of enemies i find tedious, it's early days but theirs nothing really drawing me into the game, leveling at higher levels+endgame could be good for all i know but so far I'm just forcing myself to give it a chance. I hope it gets better as you progress.

    The one thing i am optimistic about so far is the outlaw system, it has potential for some good fun.

  18. #9258
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:ぺこ
    Posts
    8,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Possibly the most important question I could think of for you TERA players:

    Is there a pointy witch hat model obtainable in ze game? I kind of need one.
    You can get one with the Agnitor(?) reputation at revered. (The nexus dudes).

  19. #9259
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgo View Post
    I started playing this game yesterday, i must admit i am a little disappointed, I've hit level 13-14 and i found the prologue and dawn island a real bore and very monotonous
    The world seems fairly empty and all the packs of enemies i find tedious, it's early days but theirs nothing really drawing me into the game, leveling at higher levels+endgame could be good for all i know but so far I'm just forcing myself to give it a chance. I hope it gets better as you progress.

    The one thing i am optimistic about so far is the outlaw system, it has potential for some good fun.
    Strange thing is: everything you say is right but i cant wait to log in and smash some more monsters o.O

    imo quest could be longer like kill 50 instead of 7, fighting as a warrior is so much fun in this game.

  20. #9260
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    spin2win doesnt seem to go all that well in a group yet everytime i start a new area like now im starting oblivion woods it just gets a bit dull having to solo more stuff ive only found one person to teamup with so far but he never said anything and i swear the round robin is bugged as he got everything that i picked up..


    im thinking ill get to 20 try a few dungeons see what their like and see if i want to continue from there as i just cant get into the other classes
    As other ppl have said, you can't judge tera just based on its first few levels. If you want to compare tera to wow, let's do that. The first 20 levels on any character in tera is way more fun than 1-20 on any character on wow. Regarding groups, no one really tends to make groups pre lv 20 because there just isn't any reason to. Once you get higher lv you will start to see more groups around.

    Round robin isn't bugged per say but it can be exploited as it's distributed in a set order, they need to make it random order. For example when I was doing a ET run, there were a bunch of loot with mw alkahest among it. I was able to loot all the things to make it so I got all of the mw alkahest.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 12:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Malgo View Post
    I started playing this game yesterday, i must admit i am a little disappointed, I've hit level 13-14 and i found the prologue and dawn island a real bore and very monotonous
    The world seems fairly empty and all the packs of enemies i find tedious, it's early days but theirs nothing really drawing me into the game, leveling at higher levels+endgame could be good for all i know but so far I'm just forcing myself to give it a chance. I hope it gets better as you progress.
    What class are you playing?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •