Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    There is very little to do at max level PVE wise, it's one of TERA's biggest failings. I don't know about PVP.
    They added a couple of more dungeons now, so it's a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgo View Post
    what has wow got to do with this? This isn't just about killing monsters, it's about the narative and other ways to spend your time instead of aoeing a pack of mobs.
    You'd probably be better off sticking with single-player rpgs then.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    i never compared it to any other game fucking learn to read
    oh man, the anger. I hear swearing puts people in their place. Anyways I was just saying I don't get how people are saying how this game is boring just from the first few zones. I used wow as an example, just about every other game can be applied as well.

What are the DPS queues like at 60? Im really really enjoying my new Sorcerer. Got to 38 so far in only 2 days and bought a full set of gold quality gear and after +6 enchanting all of it Im just mowing through stuff like its nothing. But queue times for instances in case Im bored of questing are just horrendous. Do they get any better at 60? Last night I was in the queue so long I forgot I was even queued. Went to queue up and it said I have been in it for 2 hours 30 mins. Thats just unacceptable and I hope to God at 60 they are at least bearable. I dont mind doing dailies and solo farming while waiting but F*** waiting 2 hours.

"Unable to determine current Version"

any fix to that? i googled but found only stuff that does not work >.< and i dont feel like dl 50gig over again.. just cause they ****** at coding...

I downloaded the game like 1 week ago played 2 hours went offline , now i want to play again and i get ""Unable to determine current Version"" >.<

edit: so i tryed some tera-dl.bug.exe did not work >.< but i found this on a german forum

https://mega.co.nz/?_escaped_fragmen...3b1RohfQMmmYMg

You DL this and replace the one in Tera -> client

it worked for me , hope its works on you
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2013-02-20 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    What are the DPS queues like at 60? Im really really enjoying my new Sorcerer. Got to 38 so far in only 2 days and bought a full set of gold quality gear and after +6 enchanting all of it Im just mowing through stuff like its nothing. But queue times for instances in case Im bored of questing are just horrendous. Do they get any better at 60? Last night I was in the queue so long I forgot I was even queued. Went to queue up and it said I have been in it for 2 hours 30 mins. Thats just unacceptable and I hope to God at 60 they are at least bearable. I dont mind doing dailies and solo farming while waiting but F*** waiting 2 hours.
    I dont know how it is at 60, im 44 atm. So far, every dungeon it too instant or 30s max to find group as tank. My rl friend who is healer has the same experience, but my other friend who plays DPS said when he isnt with us, his queue gets to 60min+. Seems like there is enough people playing, just that huge majority plays dps.

Started a Lancer and loved the class while solo leveling and questing but after tanking the first instance a few times Im feeling worried. This isnt my first time tanking as I have tanked most popular MMOs at endgame level dating back to Everquest. But this whole blocking thing is strange. I have figured out if boss has red eyes use my shield, same if he jumps in the air. But sometimes the boss wont even make any noises or movements at all that scream "BLOCK NOW" and I end up on my ass. While I like the class and find it very fun to play Im worried that if I get to 60 and suck in instances, especially hardmodes, I wasted all that time and will just have to make something else because no one will want to group with me. I have been watching Lancer PoV videos for bosses for every instance and still cant tell sometimes that a boss is doing something that should be blocked. The class doesnt seem hard to play so is it just memorizing when to block?

Started a Lancer and loved the class while solo leveling and questing but after tanking the first instance a few times Im feeling worried. This isnt my first time tanking as I have tanked most popular MMOs at endgame level dating back to Everquest. But this whole blocking thing is strange. I have figured out if boss has red eyes use my shield, same if he jumps in the air. But sometimes the boss wont even make any noises or movements at all that scream "BLOCK NOW" and I end up on my ass. While I like the class and find it very fun to play Im worried that if I get to 60 and suck in instances, especially hardmodes, I wasted all that time and will just have to make something else because no one will want to group with me. I have been watching Lancer PoV videos for bosses for every instance and still cant tell sometimes that a boss is doing something that should be blocked. The class doesnt seem hard to play so is it just memorizing when to block?
    What you're referring to is called telegraphing: Being able to memorize boss attack patterns, having the reaction time, and ensuring you don't overextend yourself by committing to an attack at a bad time. It'll be easier the higher level you are because you'll be stacking some atk speed to decrease animation length on your skills. Tera is being 'nice' when they give you the red eye-glow warning which is only associated with the boss' ultimate attack, but you should be aware of other attack animations since they each differ slightly depending on the move.

As for being randomly knocked down even with the smallest of hits... you can try stacking balance a bit, but overall tanks are going to have to live with it as a fact of life (one of the annoyances of being a tank). But I mean all classes deal with KD, just that tanks are hit much more frequently.

Red eye-glow = use your stun, unless it's on diminishing returns from someone who just stunned the boss. If you have good melee DPS with you, they should also help stun and interrupt high damage swings or annoying attacks. Also don't forget you also have a backstep and a charge that can be used defensively in a pinch if you're short on resolve.

You should eventually be able to telegraph most boss attacks given enough practice since the timing isn't that strict.

Tanking is all about practice in this game.

3manned Argon Corpus last night with a Berserker, Sorc and Mystic. The Zerk tanked the instance for the most part and on bosses he pretty much never got hit. Once you get good enough you can tank most bosses without ever taking any damage as you will block half the time and just dodge/sidestep the rest.

Just keep at it and you'll be golden in no-time. Just make sure you learn from your mistakes :P

Just had a GM do an event outside Lumbertown. First time doing a GM event since I played on the Legends server on Everquest. Lots of fun. Too bad WoW cant do fun events like that. Im not talking about pre expansion stuff. Im talking a real GM setting up an event and probably actually controlling the mobs. Seriously how can the largest, most well known MMO making the most money, not be able to do fun events for its players at random times?

I'm Slayer (DPS) level 60 and Q time for dungeon can be quite long. Not many tanks or healers on my server.

did my first dungeon and what ive noticed is that i can get teleported inside when using lfg but once leaving i dont return to my previous location and the looting/rolling system seems bugged or somethin as i got maybe 10% of the items in a full group so unless it doesnt show everything i pickup some of the items seemed to just disappear

plus zerker seems a bit too slow in a dungeon as i charge an attack and when the enemy moves slightly to the left i endup missing so i chase it charge another attack and it moves again

and yeah queue times always take forever as a dps..

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    did my first dungeon and what ive noticed is that i can get teleported inside when using lfg but once leaving i dont return to my previous location and the looting/rolling system seems bugged or somethin as i got maybe 10% of the items in a full group so unless it doesnt show everything i pickup some of the items seemed to just disappear

plus zerker seems a bit too slow in a dungeon as i charge an attack and when the enemy moves slightly to the left i endup missing so i chase it charge another attack and it moves again

and yeah queue times always take forever as a dps..
    Zerker is like super-slow and clunky untill lvl50+ :P
    And you wont kill anything in PvP untill 58. Not 1vs1 at least.
    But it's immensly more fun and faster to play once you actually get to those levels.

One tip for dungeoning, though. If you wipe in a dungeon and resurrect at the nearest town, go to the Special Vendor and buy a Teleport Scroll for the instance you were in. It's in the Arcane Goods tab in page 4 or 5. Theres a scroll for every dungeon in the game and they cost around 1 gold or so.

I spent so much time running back to the instances until someone told me about those scrolls, rofl.

I can't answer on the 60 part or the dps part, I have two characters because I couldn't decide which healer to play. My priest is 45 and my mystic is 35 now and for the dungeons I've been able to get into so far the healer queues have gone from between 10-30 minutes. I have heard some of the 60 dps players in my guild complain that they've sat in queues for 1.5 hours for dungeons.

However, I'm pretty sure just like any game if you join a guild and queue up with a healer or tank your queue is going to go down by quite a bit. Also, if you're playing the US version, they've been having some cross server queue issues the past few days with it bugging out and not being able to match cross server. That would certainly extend queues until they get it all fixed up.

I think I am going to reroll form my zerker (who is level 30) and start a lancer, just so the queue times for me (and others) get's a bit shorter. I am very worried that some Lancers are kicking any zerkers out of their groups at certain levels so they don't have to share any loot. I am pleased to hear though, that zerkers can function well as tanks in the later instances for speed and 3 man runs. I got a lancer to about level 5, and so far I am really impressed. I really like moves that chain in to each other (like a slayers overhead smash) and the lancer has the block mechanic which I also really enjoy!

I will be leveling on another server with some friends as well, so I think my DPS needs can be fulfilled there, where I will play a Slayer.
    WoW PvP; Where DPS are healers, tanks are DPS, and healers are tanks!

RETH RETH RETH!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    One tip for dungeoning, though. If you wipe in a dungeon and resurrect at the nearest town, go to the Special Vendor and buy a Teleport Scroll for the instance you were in. It's in the Arcane Goods tab in page 4 or 5. Theres a scroll for every dungeon in the game and they cost around 1 gold or so.

I spent so much time running back to the instances until someone told me about those scrolls, rofl.
    Hmm can't you just click on the instance matching button and get ported straight back in? I have been doing that.

Just had a GM do an event outside Lumbertown. First time doing a GM event since I played on the Legends server on Everquest. Lots of fun. Too bad WoW cant do fun events like that. Im not talking about pre expansion stuff. Im talking a real GM setting up an event and probably actually controlling the mobs. Seriously how can the largest, most well known MMO making the most money, not be able to do fun events for its players at random times?
    Smaller servers and community is a lot easier to host stuff in general.

How are the login queues for F2P accounts these days? Been putting this off until they are reasonable.

I'm kinda bored with WoW, is the free to play version and Tera in general, worth it? Tyvm

Anyone else with a laptop using a Nvidia card having FPS issues? I've tried all the fixes on the forums but can't get more than 10fps average when stood still, if I start combat it drops to like 4-5fps and is unplayable. Even on minimum settings, last week I could play it with everything set to high/max with 60fps.

My laptop specs are i7 2670QM, GT540M, 8GB RAM, 7200RPM HDD, 1366x768res.

Link to a SS to show here (Can't fraps or record with anything to show you as it drops fps too much.)
    http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/813...201302212a.png
    12fps with nobody else outside SM except the quest npc's.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbattou View Post
    I'm kinda bored with WoW, is the free to play version and Tera in general, worth it? Tyvm
    Shorter answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes, it is.