Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I was basically told that same thing by someone in my guild the other day, who I've never been particularly fond of. Made me wonder what the point is of people grinding their butts off to level as healers if they're not even going to be needed at end game. Why'd they even add two healing classes if they didn't need them? Why bring a healer if you can just bring another dps and get it killed faster?
    Healers are needed for high end pve as well as pvp. the 2 end game bosses(kelsaik hm, although somewhat outdated now) and shandra manaya hardmode can not be done without a healer, as there is unavoidable damage through debuffs you have to take.

On queen hm(shandra manaya) she will stand up every 50 sec and do 3 sets of debuffs, 1 in melee, in a bit further out, and 1 in the rest of the room, you need 1 person to take each debuff, and you take 40k damage(can't be mitigated by anything but shield buffs) and 8.5k every few sec for the rest of the fight where you will have the debuff. These debuffs also have to be rotated, so if you took melee first then you need to take middle next, and then outer after that, then repeat.

It's a pretty interesting fight, and i still enjoy it even after having killed it over 200 times. On the individual skill level, I'd rate the fight on par with the hardest of wow fights, in regards to staying alive and not causing a wipe anyway. The dps requirements are not huge if you are in abyss/regent gear, and quite a joke if you're in visionmaker. WHen we first did it in tier 13 equipment it was pretty damn tough though, as it couldn't be done the easy way with bursting from 30%.

Hot damn this game is fun, just picked it up! Few questions though:

1. Is there a way I can increase the HP bars of players in party 'in-game?' Not on the party window, but the actual gameplay area...if that makes sense...

2. Is there any punishment for PKing players? Anything like Lineage 2 where if you go red, you cannot enter towns or chance to drops items depending on how 'red' you are?

Also, for anyone who doesn't know and is interested, you can change your FOV which might be particularly helpful in pvp:

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...ur-FOV-people-
    Last edited by tangosmango; 2013-03-01 at 10:38 AM.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

I just started playing again when the game went F2P and I think something wierd happened. So I had about 100 of these x-mas presents you could get during the x-mas event from killling the small/big santas. I opened every single one of these boxes last week and got 1 "cat suit" for human female and 1 "black magic" for elin. They look like this:

The black magic is the one to the left only it's black and not red and was restricted to Elin.
    The cat suit is the one to the right but for human.

Now the question. Was those supposed to drop from the x-mas boxes? because I haven't seen anyone with any of those and I'm confused wether it's a bug or not...
    Last edited by ridish; 2013-03-01 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    I just started playing again when the game went F2P and I think something wierd happened. So I had about 100 of these x-mas presents you could get during the x-mas event from killling the small/big santas. I opened every single one of these boxes last week and got 1 "cat suit" for human female and 1 "black magic" for elin. They look like this:

The black magic is the one to the left only it's black and not red and was restricted to Elin.
    The cat suit is the one to the right but for human.

Now the question. Was those supposed to drop from the x-mas boxes? because I haven't seen anyone with any of those and I'm confused wether it's a bug or not...
    You are correct, the costumes had a chance to drop from the small santa boxes. The reason why you don't see many of them is because most people might not be wearing their's or they didn't bother to buy them. I know I didnt because I didn't particularly care for the leotards.

looks amazing need new pc tho

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    You are correct, the costumes had a chance to drop from the small santa boxes. The reason why you don't see many of them is because most people might not be wearing their's or they didn't bother to buy them. I know I didnt because I didn't particularly care for the leotards.
    The weird thing is that when I tried to sell the "Black magic" no one knew what it was and I managed to sell it of for 50k gold.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    The weird thing is that when I tried to sell the "Black magic" no one knew what it was and I managed to sell it of for 50k gold.
    Well Black Magic was the "rare" leotards. Also, the game has seen an influx of new players who probably didn't know about the christmas event. I've had people ask me about the collector's edition lion mount as well as the halloween only boneshaker mount. So, it really isn't surprising.

Thanks for the replies. I was probably honestly just in a bad mood because of that one person telling me that healers weren't needed and telling me they did Nexus and ACHM with no healer. I've never cared for elitist attitudes much.

In any case, Dabrix or anyone else if you ever feel like transferring to Tempest Reach look me up (character is Tranquilly), I quite like the guild I'm in and out of 300 people I only dislike the one so pretty good odds. I'd only recommend the server for founder accounts though, it's got quite a queue for F2P.

I think Im gonna reroll Zerker. They seem less squishy than Slayers and Im sick of Heart Thrust missing 90% of the time. Im already on TR

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    I think Im gonna reroll Zerker. They seem less squishy than Slayers and Im sick of Heart Thrust missing 90% of the time. Im already on TR
    Small world. :P

Send me a PM there then sometime, we can group up!

I got my healer through Necro Tomb before deleting her as fast as I could bank all my stuff and log out. Just too many stupids that refuse to move out of the bright Orange circle or spend half the fight on their ass. Honestly the AoE circles are even easier to see than they were in WoW and that game was designed with full retards in mind. Also in WoW there is some damage that just cant be avoided. But in Tera, unless you lag out, you can probably avoid at least 90% of incoming attacks from bosses.

Which brings me to another problem. I must be full retard. I have my Slayer I leveled prior to F2play and tried playing him again but was having trouble avoiding damage. Every boss in this game is so damn big sometimes I cant even tell what hes about to do. Hell half the bosses are so weird looking I dont even know where the back of them is. I get knocked down a lot, usually if a boss does one of those sweeping attacks that hits everything near him. I avoid the obvious stuff like orange circles on the ground and if the boss goes red eyes or runs to the other end of the room in order to leap or charge I can avoid easy stuff like that. But other than that I will be minding my own business attacking a boss and then the next thing I know half my health is gone and Im on my ass and dont know why. Also same reason I was forced to delete my Lancer. I never knew when to block.

Is that going to be a problem once I hit 60 and start running level 60 normals and then move into hards? I dont want to play a ranged cause they have too many buttons to mash so it was either Slayer or Zerker when I made my first character. But what good am I if I cant DPS cause Im always knocked down or get 1 shot? I just dont know when Im supposed to dodge. I really enjoy this game but unless level 60 HMs are as easy as WoW heroics I dont see how I am ever going to be able to do them without dying 10x per boss. How do I keep from getting a rep as being a terribad on my server cause I cant avoid damage thus getting blacklisted from every group and being forced to quit.
    Only thing I can suggest, especially when learning a fight, is get in one attack then wait a second to see what the boss will do, then attack again. If you go in with the wow mindset of spam 123 as fast as you can you will die, guaranteed. The reason is because once you commit to an attack you can't cancel and dodge an attack (with exceptions).

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 10:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I was probably honestly just in a bad mood because of that one person telling me that healers weren't needed and telling me they did Nexus and ACHM with no healer. I've never cared for elitist attitudes much.
    Stuff like NT and achm can be done without a healer because there's no constant aoe damage. Dungeons like KN (outdated so irrelevant now) and MC has aoe damage so healers are required for them.

Anyone know a good place to AoE grind at level 44? I have my 100% exp boost from tera club but don't want to waste it on general questing, too much time wasted running from hub to hub.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Anyone know a good place to AoE grind at level 44? I have my 100% exp boost from tera club but don't want to waste it on general questing, too much time wasted running from hub to hub.

Just go to youtube and search Tera AoE. Scroll through them till you find someone in their 40s.
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2013-03-01 at 06:56 PM.

Just go to youtube and search Tera AoE. Scroll through them till you find someone in their 40s.
    I can't find any, that's why I asked on here. Everything is low level, mid 30's or 50+/60.

ive kinda lost interest in my zerker at 30 its not really the class as much as doing the same thing over and over again i messed around with other classes but i cba to levle them through the exact same areas again which really ticks me off that theres only one path ot leveling a char..

Well, after getting my lancer and warrior to 30+... I have to say it seems like tanking is the job for me :3 A bit frustrating and requires patience from the healer until you learn the patterns of everything, but after that it just feels so epic to deny any kind of damage on yourself purely via your own skill, and tell your healer to chillax and get a sammich

I understand you need a healer more at higher level, but still, fun fun!
    Meh.

Switched my +manareg crystals against DPS crystals on my Berserker for the first time.... and suddenly the playstyle is completely horrible and I'm oom all the time >_>
    never had to use autoattack before. I'd prefer to switch back but I guess that extra DPS is too important.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Well, after getting my lancer and warrior to 30+... I have to say it seems like tanking is the job for me :3 A bit frustrating and requires patience from the healer until you learn the patterns of everything, but after that it just feels so epic to deny any kind of damage on yourself purely via your own skill, and tell your healer to chillax and get a sammich

I understand you need a healer more at higher level, but still, fun fun!
    Yea, lancer/warrior tanking is the only role that I legitimately find fun in this game, other roles are w/e.

Are archers really as bad as everyone says they are? I really want to try one but they seem like terrible DPS. When I was still playing my Priest I was killing mobs faster than an archer 4 levels higher than me. Also can they AoE grind like a Sorc or Zerker? No point even rolling one if everything is single target which would make leveling take forever.

Are archers really as bad as everyone says they are? I really want to try one but they seem like terrible DPS. When I was still playing my Priest I was killing mobs faster than an archer 4 levels higher than me. Also can they AoE grind like a Sorc or Zerker? No point even rolling one if everything is single target which would make leveling take forever.
    They are one of the least efficient classes at leveling because they get no "real" AoE until 58. You basically have Arrow Volley (lock-on 5 targets), Penetrating Arrow, and Breakaway Bolt to work with for AoE. It's doable, but for P.Arrow to work you need to get them really tight or in a line. Archers do moderate PvE DPS at best, but they are a top tier PvP class.