Is tanking as a warrior at end game a viable option? I'm the tank for my leveling group and I find the lancer class incredibly boring but I absolutely love the warrior. However I read that nobody would ever choose a warrior tank over a lancer, how true is this?

Quote Originally Posted by starcuz View Post
    Is tanking as a warrior at end game a viable option? I'm the tank for my leveling group and I find the lancer class incredibly boring but I absolutely love the warrior. However I read that nobody would ever choose a warrior tank over a lancer, how true is this?
    I've researched the topic and the general opinion is that while warriors can tank just as well as lancers, they simply don't bring the same utility that a lancer does, which is why most people would rather pick a lancer, given the choice. And apparently it's easier to be a good lancer than an average warrior :P
    Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I don't understand why people keep asking that. Just play the class you enjoy more. Find or make a guild and then run with people who you know. More importantly, while one may be better than the other for certain things, ultimately it DOES NOT MATTER. This game is more about YOUR skill than anything else. Do certain classes have advantages over others? Yes, but if you're good enough, you can over come. So just play what you want. You can make gold easily enough through Dailies, and Nexus.
    I'm just going to requote myself while also adding that even though most people would -prefer- a lancer over a warrior tank, if you have the skill to make a warrior tank work. GO FOR IT. This game is more about YOUR SKILL than anything else. So if you find tanking as a warrior more enjoyable than lancer, play the warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by starcuz View Post
    Warrior brings damage. Lancers bring utility.
    Yes they're viable, but it depends on what people want.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    After getting both a healer and tank at least high enough to do Necro Tomb I have decided that even though I have tanked and healed endgame content in every major MMO dating back to Everquest I just cant do it in this game. Healing I was actually pretty good at. But dealing with stupids in this game is so much harder than in WoW. In WoW I played all 4 healers and could carry a horrible group or a tank that wasnt geared/talented correctly. But in this game people just get one shot if they dont pay attention and I didnt even get to my 50s. I can only imagine things get worse as you get higher and get into harder dungeons. Plus Priest healing was about as fun as watching paint dry. As for my Lancer...well I guess I was just bad. I never could figure out when I was supposed to block half the time. Since pretty much everything can be bought off the AH I figure I dont need the fast queue times of a healer or tank to get geared and would just rather play what I enjoy.

So I rolled both a Sorcerer and a Zerker so I could figure out if I liked ranged or melee better. Now I found another problem lol. I really like them both and my Sorc is 38 and my Zerker is 40. But Im finding the same problems on my Zerker still exist I had on my Lancer. I can avoid ground circles and can read when mobs are gonna leap or charge but I miss a lot of other tells that usually land me on my ass. Bosses are so big its hard to see what they are planning. I always try to stay on the opposite side of the Lancer as I assume thats the ass of the mob but even then I will get knocked down a lot. I love the Zerker cause I was forced to switch to playing with a X-Box 360 controller after an injury to my mouse hand. Zerker feels like it was made to be played with a controller as the class seems to have very few attacks and just some cooldowns to manage. But still having trouble avoiding damage but I assume with time I will figure that out.

Now with my Sorcerer I have a lot easier time avoiding damage as Im not in melee range and usually just have to watch out for ground circles. Love the class but my problem is I still dont have all of my abilities and Im already out of keybind space. Even before I was forced to switch to a controller I was starting to have a hard time. Im pretty bad with a lot of keybinds and at level 60 Sorcerers seem to have a 10 ability rotation compared to like 4 buttons for a Zerker. Also thats not counting utility stuff. Its pretty hard to play them using a controller and fitting everything I need to use on it. I know eventually once my injury heals I can go back to using keyboard/mouse thus allowing me more keybinds but Im liking the controller and again dont want a lot of abilities to worry about.

So should I just stick with my Zerker, thats easier for me to play, and eventually I will learn boss attack patterns so not to take big damage all the time?
    At the lower levels, the majority of players probably don't run dungeons with boss def crystals and I don't really expect them to, so yes they will get one shot. At lv 60, you are pretty much expected to have the boss def crystals which is why they rarely get one shot but normally they probably would yes.

As for your zerk, in my experience blocking is so much easier than dodging. So if you're having trouble blocking, definitely stay away from the dodge classes (warrior, slayer). I hated playing my sorc because the boss loved jumping on me while I was in middle of the mana infusion thing and quite conveniently you can't directly jaunt out of it, which lead to alot of deaths for me. I would go zerk if I were you. Run out, charge and while you're charging watch the boss. If he's about to do something just block as you can block while mid charge. After you land your attack run out charge, repeat the process.

So should I just stick with my Zerker, thats easier for me to play, and eventually I will learn boss attack patterns so not to take big damage all the time?
    Don't attack from directly behind, a lot of bosses have tail swipes. Try to attack from the side/behind. I.e. if it's a clock, and the tank is at 12, attack from 4/5 or 7/8.

Also, I find BAMs a lot easier if you fully zoom out. Some of them are so big you don't see the tell if you're in normal view. But then I like being in normal view for smaller/regular mobs.

Which race do you think has the best animations for a mystic?
    pro-gun liberal

Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    Which race do you think has the best animations for a mystic?
    Female Castanic imo!

So, my friends and I just transfered to Balder... the server has terrible latency constantly it seems :/ Do you reckon support might help us undo our mistake?
    Meh.

Just started playing and I'm loving it so far!
    this is my signature... jealous?

Can someone tell me what the stat values mean? I understand Balance is the chance not to get knocked down and Impact is your chance to knock opponents down. But what does it mean when your Impact is like 30,000 and your balance is like 25,000. Is there a % attached to those numbers at all? Like does a 25k balance mean you have a 25% less chance to get knocked down or are they just random numbers that dont actually mean anything other than the higher they are the better.

What 3 charms should I use while leveling a Zerker? Crit chance is the obvious one Im using but for other 2 what should I use? I was using more balance but the increase is like 5 points even with a Greater which seems like a waste. For my 3rd I am using MP regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    What 3 charms should I use while leveling a Zerker? Crit chance is the obvious one Im using but for other 2 what should I use? I was using more balance but the increase is like 5 points even with a Greater which seems like a waste. For my 3rd I am using MP regen.
    infused, power, and enduring.

edit: actually for leveling balance might be better for zerk than enduring since you can self heal quite alot and it's annoying to get knocked down mid-charge.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    At the lower levels, the majority of players probably don't run dungeons with boss def crystals and I don't really expect them to, so yes they will get one shot. At lv 60, you are pretty much expected to have the boss def crystals which is why they rarely get one shot but normally they probably would yes.
    lol'd.

Have fun with the random dungeon tool once you ding 60. You'll be faced with idiots in Victors gear doing 0 DPS and getting one-shot by boss-abilities.
    Or people in ToT/SG going "Hi first time" in unenchanted gear with crappy crystals.

The bad thing about this game is that most of the time it is just IMPOSSIBLE to carry tards. So many failed ToT runs due to idiots going "first time but I'll try 1st bam" and then dying 10 seconds after engaging. Or after you tell some first-timer not to drink their potion untill I tell them to. And then you tell them to drink it and they say "I thought I had to drink it earlier so I already did".

My god! Cant wait to get a wee bit more gear so I can kill both the first and second BAM in ToT with the 3 minute potion with the log-out trick. Tried it once but only got the 2nd boss to 15% before my pot ran out Had some bad crit-RNG though.

Though once you do get people with good PvE gear it's a breeze. Stuff that oneshots Victor-Heroes barely hits my Archer for 50% of his HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    (bunch of stuff about gear at level 60)
    So, since I see an actual post that's gear related, what kind of gear should I get to prepare for running dungeons at 60 when I get there?
    Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    So, since I see an actual post that's gear related, what kind of gear should I get to prepare for running dungeons at 60 when I get there?
    I'm actually interested in this as well. I have 40% of a level left until 60 and I haven't even had a chance to see what I need to get yet.

I don't know about dungeon finder though, I have a very large guild that I like, hopefully I can get groups with them.
    WoW & WoD General Discussions and Guild Wars 2 Moderator
    ---------------------------

Well, it certainly can't be said that the game doesn't look awesome.

Blademaster
    Can someone tell me what the stat values mean? I understand Balance is the chance not to get knocked down and Impact is your chance to knock opponents down. But what does it mean when your Impact is like 30,000 and your balance is like 25,000. Is there a % attached to those numbers at all? Like does a 25k balance mean you have a 25% less chance to get knocked down or are they just random numbers that dont actually mean anything other than the higher they are the better.
    Try this site. It gives a breakdown of the stats and formulas. http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...t-modifier-etc

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I'm actually interested in this as well. I have 40% of a level left until 60 and I haven't even had a chance to see what I need to get yet.

I don't know about dungeon finder though, I have a very large guild that I like, hopefully I can get groups with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    What class?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    What class?
    Mine's a mystic.
    WoW & WoD General Discussions and Guild Wars 2 Moderator
    ---------------------------

High Overlord
    I'm playing a warrior and I'm having a blast. Everything is quite very awesome about this game, except one thing!
    Is levelling supposed to be like WoW Vanilla? It just feels very slow and grindy.

EDIT: I'm lvl 24
    Yes, I have done BAM's and used dungeon finder and whatnot.