1. #9421
    I just started this game myself. Currently a level 16 mystic. Are any of the crafting worth getting into?

  2. #9422
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    I just started this game myself. Currently a level 16 mystic. Are any of the crafting worth getting into?
    The crafting is mostly useless sadly except for when you want to make Conjunct/VM gear but that's so far away from where you are now, it's nothing to worry about. About the only use for crafting is alchemy and making scrolls/potions with it.

  3. #9423
    That's good to hear. I would hate to have to waste time to level it up. Now I just need to find someone to group with. I got fed up with wow because of just how anti-social the community has become. At least the chat in Tera is always stupid and interesting.

  4. #9424
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    That's good to hear. I would hate to have to waste time to level it up. Now I just need to find someone to group with. I got fed up with wow because of just how anti-social the community has become. At least the chat in Tera is always stupid and interesting.
    Well I like crafting if it's useful but not required. As I said, that's not really the case either with Tera's crafting. It's pretty pointless. I would also highly suggest you find someone to group with as a Mystic because they are the absolute worst class to level. You will likely not find a permanent group to play with (because MMOs) but offering to heal for BAMs (you'll get your first BAM quest shortly), healing dungeons and generally being friendly will likely get you someone to help you or at least to group with while questing. BAMs are probably the best way to find someone to quest/level with but they aren't required so even though they give a large amount of XP if you duo/trio them, you probably won't be able to do every BAM quest on your way to 60.

  5. #9425
    Is it true you have to do a lot of PvE to get the best endgame PvP gear? I didn't do a lot of in-depth research, but that seemed to be the case from what I've read so far. If that's true, I don't really want to waste time lvling a character.

  6. #9426
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Is it true you have to do a lot of PvE to get the best endgame PvP gear? I didn't do a lot of in-depth research, but that seemed to be the case from what I've read so far. If that's true, I don't really want to waste time lvling a character.
    Basically the gear goes like this for PvP:

    Victors Set => Fraywind set => Conjuct set => Visionmaker / 3vs3 Arena set

    Victors and Fraywind you can get with just gold/BG points.

    For Conjuct, which is crafted, you need to farm BGs AND do the Nexus events to get Revered with the Agnitor-faction to buy the crafting mats. Basically Nexus lasts an hour and you just run around with a huge zerg and close nexuses by killing the nexus bosses/mobs. After they are closed you enter Nexus Traverse which is an easy 10-20 man "raid" that takes around 10 minutes to do.

    It's a bit of a pain to farm the Nexuses but I dont count it as "proper PvE", really.

    Conjuct+12 should be enough to do well in 3vs3, though.

    As for Visionmaker gear... Well, you're gonna have to farm the hell out of Nexuses, Battlegrounds and Manayas Core HM which is the hardest PvE-instance in the game. This gear is the best for BOTH PvE and PvP.

    The 3vs3 Arena-set is pretty much equal to Visionmaker but given the fact that you need 2000 rating for the weapon and the highest-rated team on EU-servers is only around 1800 or so... yeah, good luck :P Gloves and Boots and only 1200 rating, though. And I think the chest needs 1600?
    You should be able to reach 1600 with Conjuct+12, but you're gonna have a bad time against teams with Visionmaker-gear.

    So yeah, a bit of PvE is required for Conjuct. None for Arena-set (but it's HARD to get). For Visionmaker you need to farm PvE for ages and get a bit lucky even if you play 24/7.

    Also I think it's worth mentioning that it's almost "mandatory" to farm Temple of Temerity and Sirjuka Gallery for the Advanced Glyphs on most classes since they give you quite a big advantage. They give big benefits to some skills or give you the same benefit as your old glyphs but require less glyph-points to activate, meaning you can have more glyphs active with less points used.

    The PvE in this game is more fun than in WoW, though. And you dont need 10/25 people for endgame PvE, just 5 people. Meaning it's more accessible but not really any easier than the hardest WoW-content. Probably even harder.

    And just so you realize the importance of gear... A Berserker with a +12 Conjuct-weapon crit me for 58k in 3vs3 when I was playing some on my Fraywind+9 Archer. And I have 60k max-health. A similar zerk crit me for 63k in a BG but I think he had the damage-buff from the mobs on him :P

    Basically people that out-gear you can easily win a match even if you outplay them cause they got one lucky crit. That Berserker did not touch me even once in that game before that happened and we lost due to that :P Just once!
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2013-03-07 at 09:40 AM.

  7. #9427
    Epic! Deylana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    What class?
    You already answered for mystic, but what about warrior? For both tanking and DPS.
    Meh.

  8. #9428
    anyone played dragon nest AND tera? how does the gameplay differ?

  9. #9429
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA, USA
    Posts
    6,021
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Well I like crafting if it's useful but not required. As I said, that's not really the case either with Tera's crafting. It's pretty pointless. I would also highly suggest you find someone to group with as a Mystic because they are the absolute worst class to level. You will likely not find a permanent group to play with (because MMOs) but offering to heal for BAMs (you'll get your first BAM quest shortly), healing dungeons and generally being friendly will likely get you someone to help you or at least to group with while questing. BAMs are probably the best way to find someone to quest/level with but they aren't required so even though they give a large amount of XP if you duo/trio them, you probably won't be able to do every BAM quest on your way to 60.
    I leveled a mystic to 60, solo for the large majority of it besides maybe one LFG run of each of the pre-45 instances, three runs of Necro Tomb with one of my guildies in LFG, and a simple run through of two other instances for a story quests by a 60 in my guild. I did skip BAM quests, but honestly, it really wasn't as bad to level as people make it out to be.

    I know not everyone can afford the gold enchantable gear sets for their level as they go but if you can get one and manage to +6 the stuff with random whites/greens/blues you pick up when questing, it makes it much easier. Get hunter's crystals for your weapon and put all your glyph points into dps stuff when you're not healing dungeons or BAMs. Don't even bother with any thrall outside of the healing one until you get to around level 52. They're just too dumb (if you don't tell them to attack a specific mob, they will just stand there for 20 seconds while you're fighting something until it hits you) and will slow you down ultimately.

  10. #9430
    Downloaded this a couple of days ago. And I'm actually pleasantly surprised, it's definitely worth a try. I'm already bored of 5.2 and gone to what I consider end game in gw2. So far the warrior feels awesome play wise but I'm only level 24.

  11. #9431
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:三島くろね
    Posts
    10,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    You already answered for mystic, but what about warrior? For both tanking and DPS.
    Warrior, attack speed is your biggie.
    You'd want to get 2x 8% attack speed or masterwork 9% / 8.5%.
    Get the boss damage. One of these depending - Attack from back for weapon for dps. Damage+ for highest aggro for tanking.

    Armor chest: Boss damage reduce x2, less damage while facing mob, and either balance while using skill or damage reduce by enrage.
    Glove: Power or crit.
    Boots: Endurance or knockdown.
    Neck: Attack speed + 0.04 crit mod + crit rate (Ideally, yeah right...)
    Rings: Crit mod + crit rate (good luck with that, >.>)
    Earring: Receive heal + something.

    Just a note for all weapons and chest enchant
    You can get 1 random stat on your weapon that isn't based off the upgrade.
    So you can have for example
    -Attack speed
    +3 boss damage
    +6 Attack speed
    +9 attack from back

    Note, you will never get
    +3 attack speed
    +6 attack speed
    of any sort.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-03-07 at 08:34 PM.

  12. #9432
    Was looking to give this game a try, but also saw Raiderz. How would you say the games compare to each other?

  13. #9433
    Quote Originally Posted by xtheoryx View Post
    Was looking to give this game a try, but also saw Raiderz. How would you say the games compare to each other?
    Raiderz doesn't compare, it's not on the same level of quality/polish. There's a reason why you don't hear a lot about that game, it's just very underwhelming.

  14. #9434
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    Raiderz doesn't compare, it's not on the same level of quality/polish. There's a reason why you don't hear a lot about that game, it's just very underwhelming.
    RaiderZ is pretty good, but the quality of Tera is so much higher on the whole. Both are good games, but IMO you're going to get a better experience out of Tera.

  15. #9435
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniaden View Post
    Downloaded this a couple of days ago. And I'm actually pleasantly surprised, it's definitely worth a try. I'm already bored of 5.2 and gone to what I consider end game in gw2. So far the warrior feels awesome play wise but I'm only level 24.
    How are you bored of something that literally came out like 2 days ago lol. Im assuming you're talking about wow.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 10:47 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by xtheoryx View Post
    Was looking to give this game a try, but also saw Raiderz. How would you say the games compare to each other?
    I never heard of this game before but after watching some vids, I think i'll try it out.

  16. #9436
    How are you bored of something that literally came out like 2 days ago lol. Im assuming you're talking about wow.
    Because the short version is 5.2 brought in more dailys and a new raid. LFR is being delayed. Blizzard gave numbers that a small playerbase actually plays the game to raid and even if they did normals in guilds are usually schedule 2 days a week for around 3 hours per day some time at night unless you are in a hardcore guild and if you are you have normal on farm already. Scenarios are a one time story this time around.

    Not to mention daily's are delayed to portray the story and that's all dailys are good for is grinding them out for the story. When WoW needed more content they needed more content not dailys.

    Between delayed dailys, one time scenarios , delayed LFR and schedule raiding. You can be done with the content patch in less than 4 hours.

    Was also looking at raiderz, graphics seem pretty lackluster but a mace and shield cleric I want.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-03-08 at 03:54 AM.

  17. #9437
    Stood in the Fire Zenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Between delayed dailys, one time scenarios , delayed LFR and schedule raiding. You can be done with the content patch in less than 4 hours.
    Indeed. Just deleted WoW because of that. I got bored within the hour. Guess I'm done with WoW for the foreseeable future. No regrets.

    OT: Just started up this badboy. Playing a human slayer. I dont have much to add except for the fact that this game gives me final fantasy vibes from the visuals, which is a very good thing. Also, I hope that the people behind elder scrolls online take a gander at the combat system from this game.

    Im only lvl8 but im having fun and havnt put the game down yet. My toon gets a little too excited when she gathers a node. I can't help but giggle every time.

  18. #9438
    Indeed. Just deleted WoW because of that. I got bored within the hour. Guess I'm done with WoW for the foreseeable future. No regrets.
    Between all the good B2P and F2P/Freemium games out there currently (path of exile, raiderz, tera, torchlight, gw2, LoL, minecraft, aion, tsw) I don't really run out of things to do.

    OT: Just started up this badboy. Playing a human slayer. I dont have much to add except for the fact that this game gives me final fantasy vibes from the visuals, which is a very good thing. Also, I hope that the people behind elder scrolls online take a gander at the combat system from this game.
    Thought it was confirmed reticule combat for elder scrolls like they always do?

    Im only lvl8 but im having fun and havnt put the game down yet. My toon gets a little too excited when she gathers a node. I can't help but giggle every time.
    Sadly a lot of classes don't pick up till around level 50. Slayers, zerkers, archers, sorcs fit this bill. Priests, warriors, lancers have an easier time since they get decent abilities at lower levels making things smoother. Mystics are just screwed overall with a limited damage source (it does fine damage it's just boring) and healing that isn't really unique compared to priests besides orbs which nobody uses.

  19. #9439
    @Remilia and Deylana:

    For Warriors just try getting pure Power for gloves and Zyrks. My friend plays one and he said that theres some stance or something that boosts your Power by % which makes it a very efficient stat to stack That and Warriors have a pretty high base-crit as it is.

    For chest-armors Boss-damage and Enrage-damage reductions are definately the best ones. Balance is just icing on the cake. If you're tanking HP-Restoration is not that bad of an alternative either.

    Crit+Critdmg+Attackspeed necks arent that expensive, really. I bought mine for 12k gold off the broker a week ago. And a crit+critdmg ring was around 8k'ish... though there was only one on the AH with a decent ilvl :P

  20. #9440
    Herald of the Titans Achaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    pfft as if you care..
    Posts
    2,681
    raiderz beta was fun but everytime i try to play it now i get unsafe messages from the shit that is gameguard and unless i turn my firewall off i cant play it i redownloaded it recently only to endup with the same problem that i got when it was in beta. tis a shame as i do like it and its less of a pain to get as it is in tera where the looting system can be manipulated so that a certain person gets all the goods and everyone else gets bombs and cloth -.-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •