Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    484 pages, think we deserve a section for this game!
    The game has become very popular since it went F2P, but it hardly merits it's own discussion board here. This has been brought up many times before, but it doesn't have a lot of activity even if it is up to 400 pages. I'm very surprised and glad that a solid F2P model has turned out so well. I hope it continues to excel, but it's forum here would quickly turn into a ghost town.
    BAD WOLF

Played at launch, levelled till 60 but quit soon after that. Now with the F2P model I started on a US server (because frogster is crap) and enjoying every minute with my level 22 warrior! now that they can block it must be the most versetile class, capable of tanking or (good)DPS'ing.

480+ pages over the course of two years is hardly enough activity to warrant a subsection of its own.

A new mega thread would be nice though. With a nice opening post with links to useful resources and such.
    Some would ask
    "How could a perfect God create a universe with so much that is evil?"
    They have missed a greater conundrum
    "Why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"

I totally agree!

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vanero View Post
    AC-HM done! I've killed it a few times now, much easier. Personally as a priest healer, I found that I survived more by dropping my 4 anarchic cruxes (boss dmg reduction) for straight up Fine Relentless (Health) Cruxes. With 4 Health Cruxes I was at 88k HP.

I got my first SjG gold talent glyph, the 120 stamina one when you rezz someone. It works, but from my research if they die and have the rookie's oversight buff when you rezz them, they don't get the 120 stamina. Now working towards my second priest glyph... I'm thinking the one that restores mana when i heal people with the ground circle thingy.

So, CoF mark 2 is pretty snazzy, not too bad. The first bam and the tail swipes can be a bit annoying. The last guy hurts if you have people that can't dodge. I tried CoF mark 3 though... that was brutal. o.o Just all around painful o.o One wrong move = dead!
    Gratz! I was saving gold to buy Randfall sword, and I got it today in AC HM!

Field Marshal
    So im interested in starting again is it worth it to start on the eu or go over to us version?

Currently patching after not playing for a while. Looking for a guild on a US server!

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    480+ pages over the course of two years is hardly enough activity to warrant a subsection of its own.

A new mega thread would be nice though. With a nice opening post with links to useful resources and such.
    Useful links that would help any newcommers.
    Nexus Timers:
    http://section9guild.com/nexus-schedule/

Gear up Guide
    http://nezroy.com/tera-guide/

This one has a bunch of models, in case you are still deciding on what to roll. Website is russian, but the images should be enough to guide you.
    http://tera-online.cc/gallery/renders/
    KONGOU DESS

I have to say, i'm really enjoying this game. It's so different from your traditional hotkey mmorpg. The only problem with it seems to be that I can't find the correct class. I leveled an archer to 30, did a few runs of SM and really didn't like it too much. Tried a zerk, had the same problem around SM. Leveling a priest now, always wanted to try a healing role in a game but never got around to it, hope I like it, I heard its quite hard to play too.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Leveling a priest now, always wanted to try a healing role in a game but never got around to it, hope I like it, I heard its quite hard to play too.
    Just my noobie impressions, but it seems very very dependent on the people you're healing. If your party members aren't very good and blocking or dodging it's like downright impossible to keep them alive, much less without drawing aggro while your doing it. On the other hand you'll meet people who can almost solo a BAM, and want to know if you can spare a few minutes to heal them. Next thing you know you're halfway across the world staring at some giant egg 10 levels higher than you, while your guildie reassures you everything will be fine (it can take lot of reassurance >.<). Your friend jumps in and you quickly realize it's so much easier to heal him than that disheartening PuG you had earlier in the week.

Love this game, and that it takes real skill. Anyone play on lake of tears?

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    I have to say, i'm really enjoying this game. It's so different from your traditional hotkey mmorpg. The only problem with it seems to be that I can't find the correct class. I leveled an archer to 30, did a few runs of SM and really didn't like it too much. Tried a zerk, had the same problem around SM. Leveling a priest now, always wanted to try a healing role in a game but never got around to it, hope I like it, I heard its quite hard to play too.
    The problem is that none of the classes (except maybe slayer) is fun at low levels, and it's a pretty big problem but w/e lol. At 60 though, all of them are extremely fun to play.

Good news: When playing with my wife she seems to really enjoy playing her berserker.

Bad news: Between the upcoming Neverwinter and my backllog of PS3 games I'm not foreseeing a whole lot of time to play TERA.
    Some would ask

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I'm not foreseeing a whole lot of time to play TERA.
    I've been trying to create a pause time machine just so I can take a year off to play every game under the sun. Some games I've been trying to hit max level in for half a decade. And these are games that I enjoy tremendously, just don't play for long chunks of time. I'll play for a week max, get another 5 levels while spending most of my time running around, crafting, being immersed and whatnot.

Nerd world problems, you know?
    BAD WOLF

Leveling a Slayer with my friend who has rolled warrior, we are level 33 and so far we have had no problem 2 manning all the BAMS, slayer seems like a great class for soloing, we've even started fighting 2 at the same time for the fun of it, I was very surprised to see that BAMS will actually damage each other if theyre in the way of each others attacks, awesome!

I've been leveling a priest on Tempest Reach. I think this is my favorite class so far.

Still looking for a guild!

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Leveling a Slayer with my friend who has rolled warrior, we are level 33 and so far we have had no problem 2 manning all the BAMS, slayer seems like a great class for soloing, we've even started fighting 2 at the same time for the fun of it, I was very surprised to see that BAMS will actually damage each other if theyre in the way of each others attacks, awesome!
    Just keep in mind, if someone/something does more than 50% of a mob's hp in damage to it, they will get the credit :P So if you do no damage to the bam, but the other bam does, you won't get credit.
    Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahfireworks View Post
    Just my noobie impressions, but it seems very very dependent on the people you're healing. If your party members aren't very good and blocking or dodging it's like downright impossible to keep them alive, much less without drawing aggro while your doing it. On the other hand you'll meet people who can almost solo a BAM, and want to know if you can spare a few minutes to heal them. Next thing you know you're halfway across the world staring at some giant egg 10 levels higher than you, while your guildie reassures you everything will be fine (it can take lot of reassurance >.<). Your friend jumps in and you quickly realize it's so much easier to heal him than that disheartening PuG you had earlier in the week.
    I did have a few problems early on, when running BoL, people didn't go in with a proper tank, had zerks tanking, while I could heal the damage they took, I stole healing aggro off them instantly, and resulted in me kiting most of the dungeon. Now I just quest and use the LFG tool, sometimes takes an hour, even as a healer but it always gives you a proper tank, and since then I haven't had much of a problem. At level 40 now, rushing to level 60 and still enjoying it.

Picking this game up for the first time today. I love dual wielding classes like Rogues. Something that is a melee assasin in a way. Is the warrior the best choice for that?
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

Quote Originally Posted by lolcatabeta View Post
    Picking this game up for the first time today. I love dual wielding classes like Rogues. Something that is a melee assasin in a way. Is the warrior the best choice for that?
    Well they are the only class that dual wields, and they are very mobile.
    Some would ask

Quote Originally Posted by lolcatabeta View Post
    Yeah there's nothing really roguelike in this game. Considering that everyone has to avoid attacks and the style of combat is very in your face, you won't find anything that fits that niche. If DW is enough to make you like it visually, then a warrior is your only option.
    BAD WOLF