Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    So why do they give out these free almost max level characters? (if lvl 60 is max.)

Isn't leveling up a huge part of the game experience and what if people who get these free characters just level up those few levels and then just sit in a major hub and do endgame content via some LFG tool, if a game has one?

I'm not very familiar with the game, I played it once and it was fun but in the long run I just couldn't stand some of the races in game (the Elin, honestly). Anyway, it's just this idea of giving out free high level characters in an MMO on live servers, what is completely unheard of, to me.
    Vindictus and age of conan both did it. I bet a few others did that I am not aware of.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    Anyone knows the best PVP Server out there for EU?
    Dont go EU. Honestly, everyone in EU tends to go NA. The EU has a different publisher and content patches are behind, they dont have the same offers and reportedly one of the worse customer service teams out there.

Download and Register with En Masse Instead. http://tera.enmasse.com/

NA server , Mount Tyranus for PVP.

Plus if you create a new character before this weekend, and name it .Levelup on the end, it will be autolevelled to 58 with gear at Monday. eg. "yourname.Levelup"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Vindictus and age of conan both did it. I bet a few others did that I am not aware of.
    WoW did it/do it too, with the Auto level to 60 offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yowser View Post
    WoW did it/do it too, with the Auto level to 60 offer.
    Yeah, the scroll of resurrection promotion had an auto level thing added to it, though i think it was to 80... Plus there's the recruit a friend promotion which lets you level characters that earn levels to grant to other characters.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Oh right... I remember that "get a free 80 if you come back now!" thing.
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -

The only two classes where you would really worry about someone having insta-levelled in Tera are Lancer and Mystic. Those are the two hardest classes to master (possibly Warrior tanking spec sharing the limelight too) in endgame PvE. They also happen to be by far the most tedious classes to level and being support roles are not naturally preferred. So, I would expect experienced level 60s are almost the only ones who would use their LevelUp for these classes, in which case their general endgame experience will go a long way to helping them with the new class for the entry dungeons.

I think the main problem for new or returning players is getting enough resources. I am not even sure how a new player would have enough gold to unlock all the skills and glyphs needed without levelling from scratch anyway. But its been years since I last played Tera, so who knows...

Oh btw I meant that Gameforge (EU Tera) isn`t offering the same `Levelup` feature. I just deleted my level 20 berzerker to get a shiny level 58 one. I found this out the hard way ;D!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    Oh btw I meant that Gameforge (EU Tera) isn`t offering the same `Levelup` feature. I just deleted my level 20 berzerker to get a shiny level 58 one. I found this out the hard way ;D!
    : l

Wow. I doubt you are the only one who that happened to. Wtf gameforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    And I missed both?! Drat! I've been meaning to level my characters in both those games but haven't been able to find the time to do so : (

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And I missed both?! Drat! I've been meaning to level my characters in both those games but haven't been able to find the time to do so : (
    What I found interesting was that I was able to do a 50 in vindicuts for both servers. So like, I made a Kia and then like... A few months ago I logged onto the east server by accident (we moved) and was like "what is this... oh. OH." and I made the female version of Lan. Shes a lot smoother than Lan... Kind of a fan lol.

hmm free level 60 chars? did i miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    hmm free level 60 chars? did i miss something?
    Level 58, and US servers only. They basically want to give people who don't want to level up a chance to play the game by giving them a high level character for free. Not a bad marketing ploy at all, as I know I'll be jumping back in after a pretty long time away from the game.

Well TERA now has an adequate endgame and wants to give you a free max level character to prove it to you. Really awesome move on their part.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Level 58, and US servers only. They basically want to give people who don't want to level up a chance to play the game by giving them a high level character for free. Not a bad marketing ploy at all, as I know I'll be jumping back in after a pretty long time away from the game.
    im playing on US specificly to avoid gameforge

just logged in to try to find out but its a 6hour 40min download since i last played..

i stopped playing my elin zerker at 20 somethin as it all felt a bit repetetive
    Last edited by Achaman; 2013-09-22 at 04:21 AM.

I'm waiting on 90% of the new players to quit when they find out just how grindy TERA is.

You thought the leveling was grindy? Nah, end game is way worse. Especially PVE, good lord.

Still even with all that, I think TERA is the best F2P MMORPG. You can level up to 60 and do pretty much everything without paying a dime. The sub bonuses are great, but not really required for you to do well(mostly convenience bonuses). If you can stand the massive grind, then this game is well worth your time for a F2P game.

If more people played TERA, the game would have to start charging for content because they wouldn't make any money.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-09-22 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I'm waiting on 90% of the new players to quit when they find out just how grindy TERA is.

You thought the leveling was grindy? Nah, end game is way worse. Especially PVE, good lord.

Still even with all that, I think TERA is the best F2P MMORPG. You can level up to 60 and do pretty much everything without paying a dime. The sub bonuses are great, but not really required for you to do well(mostly convenience bonuses). If you can stand the massive grind, then this game is well worth your time for a F2P game.

If more people played TERA, the game would have to start charging for content because they wouldn't make any money.
    Or be like me who bought the collectors edition when it came out and played on the Korean servers for the longest time as well! I still play on K Tera from time to time though. Forgot to mention I have a level 60 on zerker on Mount Tyranus pvp.
    Last edited by Tendo Souji; 2013-09-22 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    No...not at all. If more people played the game, then they'd have more potential cash shop sales. The increased bandwidth use wouldn't necessitate charging for content at all. In almost all cases, the more players that play a F2P MMO, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Well TERA now has an adequate endgame and wants to give you a free max level character to prove it to you. Really awesome move on their part.
    The important part of a game is leveling, learning your character.
    everyone starting at level 58 gives you a ton of noobs in endgame, which will ruin endgame for near everyone... o_O
    How does this sound like a good idea to you?

From what I've seen the game seems rather focused on 14-16 year old boys,. it's quite sexist.
    How big a % of the game is half naked female characters?
    Last edited by bbr; 2013-09-22 at 08:30 AM.

Author of: Goggle Cat Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    From what I've seen the game seems rather focused on 14-16 year old boys,. it's quite sexist.
    How big a % of the game is half naked female characters?
    Honestly I prefer the simplistic elegant look, revealing or not, than a clown suit.
    It's just my preference for these aesthetics.

I also suppose you haven't seen the male armor set either.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Honestly I prefer the simplistic elegant look, revealing or not, than a clown suit.
    It's just my preference for these aesthetics.

I also suppose you haven't seen the male armor set either.
    Of course, it does look good - it's still a fantasy game.
    And the male armor is overly buff and muscular with some armors showing six packs.

As they say. Sex sells.
    http://images.mmosite.com/my/upload/...0b46fa5d54.png
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...wpLtiP23w#t=27

It just doesn't / shouldn't be very functional at stopping incoming arrows or swords... o_O

Author of: Goggle Cat Comics.

So are mystics on tera just orange/blue pooping characters with really nice auras? My friends are going priest and archer, and I really enjoyed mystic gameplay style, but if I'm not going to be able to contribute to our group when we all play together then I really would prefer to roll something else.

I played lancer until 26 when I rage quit after consistent knockdowns. I wouldn't mind trying it again so long as this does not keep up at 60. I also tried zerker, but I figured since we already have a dps we may need a support or tank. I've also heard warrior tanks aren't exactly viable as people prefer lancer > warrior, and I always preferred shield+armor.