Quote Originally Posted by mcnasty78 View Post
    At player creation can you select different servers based on country? I live overseas in South Korea..can i select a Korean server for better ping?
    If you want to play TERA on the Korean servers, you'll need to go to here to download and play on those servers. Each region is independent of each other, and are essentially different clients. NA does not play with EU, KR or JP, and visa versa.

Do alot of English speaking players play on the Korean or Japan servers? I ask this because FFXIV had a huge english speaking community.. due to the lag being less then say a NA server.

And thanks for the answering back to me.

I'm not sure, but I don't believe so. As I recall that playing on K-tera requires a korean SSN/using someone's acct. I think there are some but ultimately I am unsure because I don't play on either K/J-tera.

Play on US tera server a lot more people then on EU

I really wanted to play this game but the censorship turned me off. And before you yell *bah you are Lolita Perv" Every female Model was censored not just the loli race. Also I grew up with German Television where a lot gets censored so I hate censorship in general, no matter whether I would like to have seen the censored content or not.
    Capitalism, Ho!

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I really wanted to play this game but the censorship turned me off. And before you yell *bah you are Lolita Perv" Every female Model was censored not just the loli race. Also I grew up with German Television where a lot gets censored so I hate censorship in general, no matter whether I would like to have seen the censored content or not.
    You can pretty easily find decensor mods for tera, just takes a bit of searching. Also the only race that is really apparent on is the Elins. Honestly, it seems like such a minor thing to get upset over. Both the censorship and the fact that Elins are in the game (as I've heard from others that is their main reason for not wanting to try the game). But whatever.

Ah well it was philosophical mostly. Me too haven't even noticed that also non-Elin Races were censored at first glance. I grew up in Germany where a lot of Games were horribly censored and all Gore was either painted green black or non-existent. The German censors were really unforgiving when it came to this. They even forced Valve to replace all Mercenaries with Robots in Half-Life. That is why I have a horrible aversion when the word *censorship* comes up. Would have quit WoW as well after the censorship in Europe if I hadn't achieved so much in it already.

About the uncensor Patch... this is what I found.

Lucile Le Merle: "We have some very clever users who are changing the textures from the European to the Korean files. (...) We know this is happening and we are not planning to do any kind of witch hunt"

And a Community Representative said:
    "It is not allowed to modify the game files (e.g. models, voices, cinematics)And players using (...)modifications can get banned"
    http://board.tera.gameforge.com/boar...en-about-mods/
    (Pretty double standard if you ask me since they themselves did change the models.)

Those statements contradict each other. I wouldn't want to live with the danger of being banned constantly in case the NA/EU responsible people change their minds.

There were other issues with this game also, like unfair racials and scaling issues which render some cool spells useless at high levels (don't know if they are still there, checked it out in 2012) but the censorship was the most grave one.
    I get their part that many westerners are offended by this content but they should have an opt-out Box in the game which can be ticked to uncensor the clothes for those who want it.
    You see I have a lots of interest in this game so if this gets uncensored officially outside of Asia please send me a PM :-)
    Last edited by Fincher; 2013-11-24 at 10:59 AM.
    Capitalism, Ho!

i have been away of Tera for longtime , gotta ask , is there any upcoming expansion not patch for Tera with lvl cap increase , new areas etc ?

About the uncensor Patch... this is what I found.

Lucile Le Merle: "We have some very clever users who are changing the textures from the European to the Korean files. (...) We know this is happening and we are not planning to do any kind of witch hunt"

And a Community Representative said:
    "It is not allowed to modify the game files (e.g. models, voices, cinematics)And players using (...)modifications can get banned"
    http://board.tera.gameforge.com/boar...en-about-mods/
    (Pretty double standard if you ask me since they themselves did change the models.)

Those statements contradict each other. I wouldn't want to live with the danger of being banned constantly in case the NA/EU responsible people change their minds.

There were other issues with this game also, like unfair racials and scaling issues which render some cool spells useless at high levels (don't know if they are still there, checked it out in 2012) but the censorship was the most grave one.
    I get their part that many westerners are offended by this content but they should have an opt-out Box in the game which can be ticked to uncensor the clothes for those who want it.
    You see I have a lots of interest in this game so if this gets uncensored officially outside of Asia please send me a PM :-)
    Well, I'm not too terrible sure about EU, but on NA, enmasse has said while it is against TOS to modify the game, they aren't going to do anything about it unless it becomes like...actively talked about on the forums and such. Which is why modders don't share their files via the forums and you need to dig a bit to get them. All in all enmasse seems fairly forgiving of things and not really interested in bringing down the hammer with modders.

None of the racials are all that "unfair" most are pretty negligible or on ridiculously high cds (1-2hr cds). Not sure about the spells, as most are used at high level or have their purpose, even if its not used all the time. Honestly, I have a feeling that an uncensored version isn't going to make its way outside of Asia. TERA isn't too terribly popular so it doesn't really warrant a rerelease if you will. Best you can really do is, mod your game, redownload them every patch day and go from there. :\

Quote Originally Posted by dadori View Post
    i have been away of Tera for longtime , gotta ask , is there any upcoming expansion not patch for Tera with lvl cap increase , new areas etc ?
    There was rumours of an expac for tera at one time, but I have neither seen nor heard of anything about it in a looong time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    None of the racials are all that "unfair" or on ridiculously high cds (1-2hr cds).
    Well one Race nothing while in Combat vs Heal yourself to Full HP/MP how is that not unfair? And as someone who loathed having to wait the remainders of 5Min CDs after wiping in WoW I wouldn't want to wait hours to progress PvE Content or start some ranked PvP in TERA :-p
    Capitalism, Ho!

Well one Race nothing while in Combat vs Heal yourself to Full HP/MP how is that not unfair? And as someone who loathed having to wait the remainders of 5Min CDs after wiping in WoW I wouldn't want to wait hours to progress PvE Content or start some ranked PvP in TERA :-p
    Again, the benefits of most of the racials are very negligible. None of them are necessary, and ultimately are simply nice little perks to have. You need none of them. At all. Period.

Let's just give a few a looksee, shall we?

High Elf Racial: Core Infusion
    Elves can draw on their connection to the Core to completely refill their mana. 2 hour cooldown.

Decent enough racial I guess. Unnecessary really. All classes have some way of replenishing mana. Mana infusion, mana recharge, mana siphon, and basic attacks if you're melee. So all in all this is really not crazy necessary for anything.

Amani Racial: No Stranger to Pain
    Decreases damage received by 10% when your HP is below 30%. Passive

Honestly, most of the attacks in Tera do a lot of damage. This passive racial is not omg amazing because chances are you're going to die. Maybe you'll live with a small amount of health, maybe you'll be able to dodge out of the way but chances are you're going to die.

Baraka: Ancient Wellspring
    Replenish all your HP by tapping magic from bygone age. 2hr CD.

No one plays Baraka anyway but, is this nice to have? Sure. But again most classes have a means of healing themselves, or kiting very well. That plus bandages, hp pots, and the Cleric that replenishes mp/hp/stam for a small fee means this is not ground breaking.

No one is going to be like "ERMEGERD UR NOT A HIGH ELF SORC? GTFO" These racials are small, minor perks at best. Most people will demand you have a certain gear level over your race. So really when you complain about racials being unfair, its silly because most classes have some way of replenishing mana/hp, or there are easy ways of doing so, or the bonuses granted ARE SMALL AND INSIGNIFICANT. Not having a certain racial won't hold you back. Not having the gear, will. Because NA tera is full of retards just like on wow who demand "MUST HAVE 550 ILVL FOR SIEGE."
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2013-11-24 at 10:41 PM.

I'm getting a tad annoyed with some of the lag I'm experiencing on this game, my internet is fine and I never have trouble on any other game, but every now and then, I get unbearable 2 - 3 second delays on my abilities, and of course with a combat system like this, you really are punished by it. Playing on the EU servers and this is starting to happen often enough that it's really putting me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I'm getting a tad annoyed with some of the lag I'm experiencing on this game, my internet is fine and I never have trouble on any other game, but every now and then, I get unbearable 2 - 3 second delays on my abilities, and of course with a combat system like this, you really are punished by it. Playing on the EU servers and this is starting to happen often enough that it's really putting me off.
    IMO the game is really badly optmized with some GFX-cards. One of the main reasons I quit was BGs not being very fun due to FPS constantly jumping between 1 and 30 or so. My friend has a worse computer than I do and yet his FPS in BGs was at a steady 20-35 or so.

And the EU servers sucking compared to NA was kind of a letdown as well.

Fun game with an amazing combat system, though! Too bad the endgame is a bit "meh" at least in my own opinion Enjoyed the PvP for what it was worth... BGs were fun as long as you avoided the big zergs which lagged at least me to hell :P Arenas were fun until you realized almost no one else but the top-geared (Visionmaker at the time) people qued up most of the time. Was not fun going against them with only 2-3 pieces of Conjuct+12.

Tera Online Elin Reaper videos

Heya steparu recently uploaded them so sharing them.

"When we're done, i want that cage...for....reasons."
    "Plus you folk have redheads. (sighs.) Redheads."
    "Other times you're in and out in five minutes. (clicks tongue.) "Thank you see you next week."

wtf 4K youtube videos..
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Heya steparu recently uploaded them so sharing them.
    [video=youtube;eQ5PB5Sdk4U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ5PB5Sdk4U&feature=em-uploademail[video]
    [video=youtube;VxCG34in3cM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxCG34in3cM&feature=em-uploademail[video]
    [video=youtube;xPoLA7D8V98]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPoLA7D8V98[video]
    Whelp looks like it's time to fire up the old K Tera account again. Also it seems from his video description the class starts off at level 50 and you need to have a level 40 already to unlock this class. NICE!

I hope EU Tera gets it too.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    It's a matter of when really. Shit read more info about it and I found this out.
    Only elin for budget reasons and the fact that the class is technically a beta test, they want to see if the class is worth diving into and making animations for more than one class takes more time and money, they even said that they "might" remove it or leave it as is if the reception is bad.

Wait a new class?

Details!

You poor thing..
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Wait a new class?

Details!

You poor thing..
    Already posted details of the class read up.