Tbh Tera was never hyped as much as SW:TOR or GW2 and will most likely never be as popular. Frogster/Bluehole kind of suck in marketing imho.
    Many people said stuff like "it's just a shiny asiagrinder" or "a game for boobs and pedos" and shunned it without even trying.

I still like it and will play it with my guild, it's not the most creative questing or the most captivating story ever but I think it's fun.
    Also played it in korea/japan (shortly), EU Alpha and now Beta so I think I know the weak points of the game well enough to justify buying it for myself and my gf. ^^
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Tbh Tera was never hyped as much as SW:TOR or GW2 and will most likely never be as popular. Frogster/Bluehole kind of suck in marketing imho.
    Many people said stuff like "it's just a shiny asiagrinder" or "a game for boobs and pedos" and shunned it without even trying.

I still like it and will play it with my guild, it's not the most creative questing or the most captivating story ever but I think it's fun.
    Also played it in korea/japan (shortly), EU Alpha and now Beta so I think I know the weak points of the game well enough to justify buying it for myself and my gf. ^^
    The game will be released in 3 months, I think there's enought time to build hype.

I've 3 people in my current WoW guild who play TOR - non of them is max level, and I doubt there is even enought endgame content to keep them playing after they went through all the leveling, which is, honestly, the main selling point of TOR. I've heard and read enought of it to justify not even looking further into the game. I'll see myself playing MoP (if I dont cancel my annual pass when I've seen enought of the beta, else I've replace this one for GW2) and TERA in 6 months.

The small problem with the EU Sneak Peak event is nothing - hell, I was there when Aion and WAR were launched, LAUNCHED (as in final release) and they had the same problem with the login as TERA now has. What honestly bugs me is the PEGI for TERA being 12 in EU - did they censor the blood or something else? Because then I'll be definetely playing on NA servers.

No changes to the blood yet and it doesn't seems like they'll censor something there. Besides they had their PEGI/USK rating for every convention before and that was partially with the korean client. The only "censorship" is this elin stuff in EU/US and it wasn't postulated by rating commissions too.

I remeber playing Rift and when adjusting the game to german the blood became green! That was hilarious. xD
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Th most significant part of Tera Online :
    BOOOBS !
    80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    80 Blood elf Death knight
    To Be continued...

High Overlord
    I can't wait to see how people adjust to having to click on orbs that mystics drop to heal their health or restore their mana.

Quite excited to try healing in this game. =] Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    At first i thought it was amazing, but then i discovered that it's not much better than Aion and then i payed attention to female models... they are really hot, really great looking, but they look way too retarded.. i mean.. they are models.. wtf.
    sorry but... no, Aion is a hotkey mmo, TERA is an action based MMO, you can even play it with a controller. If you get hit in Aion its because of a dice roll, in TERA its because YOU didnt dodge it. Worlds apart.

I couldnt care less for the quests or the graphics, the combat is where its at with these kinds of games, and always has been, and on that note, the reactive style of tera blows anything hotkey based out of the water by a wide margin.

Like other people have said. There whole focus is on the combat system and the rest they just took from wow and other games like that. And if i want a combat system like that ill wait for Guild wars 2 which is coming out around the same time. Also it is pay to play which i hate. i dont see why it is needed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wal182 View Post
    Like other people have said. There whole focus is on the combat system and the rest they just took from wow and other games like that. And if i want a combat system like that ill wait for Guild wars 2 which is coming out around the same time. Also it is pay to play which i hate. i dont see why it is needed at all.
    The reason for it to exist is: choice. Like the majority of the people in your country like to go to McDonalds or Burger King or Subway (to use your logic and argumentation as an example).

TERA is in so many ways different to GW2 and WoW, but it'd be a waste of time to point all of them out for a troll like you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    You know, is there a Tera-US site? That could be one of the issues with me not getting my activation email (NOt sure why, but I've had dumber things get in the way before). And before it's asked I've already done the following: Re-registered my email, made alt emails (Gmail, Yahoo and MSN accounts), checked spam and added the website to contacts. Sorry if keep spamming with this, not sure where else to get help on this issue short of making a thread about it >_<
    http://tera.enmasse.com
    that's the US site

Dreadlord
    Ah, if that's the website then yeah, I have no idea what's going on because I can't seem to get a damn email.

The combat systems are really different, GW2 doesn't have free aim.

Ehm, guild wars 2 is also a hotkey based MMO?...

TERA's combat is free aim, you hit or dodge depends entirely on your aim, not the computer, the dodge mechanic of GW2 comes close but it doesnt hit home, the attacks still home in on the target you have selected.

TERA is like god of war, devil may cry, dungeon siege 3 or any other Action based game along those lines, GW2 and TERA are closer in combat than WoW and TERA, but they are still far from the same, the only other game which even comes remotely close is DCU, but even they dont have the same kind of combat.

Dreadlord
    Complaints about not getting my email aside, I am -really- stoked to try this game out. The graphics alone make love to my eyes (And that's before the obscene amounts of partial nudity.)

so any news about when the sneak peak will actually be ?

There whole focus is on the combat system and the rest they just took from wow and other games like that.
    Hmmm...

The combat like others have said is absolutely nothing like wow. It sounds alot more sophisticated than what GW2 is going for.
    This is the tale not of the Horde as it exists today, a loose organization of orc,tauren,forsaken,troll, and blood elf, but of the rise of the very first Horde. Its birth, like that of any infant, was marked by blood and pain, and its harsh cries for life meant death to its enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    sorry but... no, Aion is a hotkey mmo, TERA is an action based MMO, you can even play it with a controller. If you get hit in Aion its because of a dice roll, in TERA its because YOU didnt dodge it. Worlds apart.

I couldnt care less for the quests or the graphics, the combat is where its at with these kinds of games, and always has been, and on that note, the reactive style of tera blows anything hotkey based out of the water by a wide margin.
    what the hell is a "hotkey mmo". I have seen this term thrown around so many times and it just doesnt make sense. Every MMO has Hotkeys else you couldnt use any skills. Im looking at the skill bar for Aion and guess what? it looks exactly like the skill bar for Tera.Skills bound to 1-5 and f1-f5.

So using everyone's logic a hotkey mmo is an mmo that uses a dice roll to judge whether or not a skill actually hits, and a non-hotkey mmo which still seems to use hotkeys btw is an mmo where your characters swing, or spell has to physically land on the target to hit.

Great just great makes no sense at all like bologna and colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    what the hell is a "hotkey mmo". I have seen this term thrown around so many times and it just doesnt make sense. Every MMO has Hotkeys else you couldnt use any skills. Im looking at the skill bar for Aion and guess what? it looks exactly like the skill bar for Tera.Skills bound to 1-5 and f1-f5.

So using everyone's logic a hotkey mmo is an mmo that uses a dice roll to judge whether or not a skill actually hits, and a non-hotkey mmo which still seems to use hotkeys btw is an mmo where your characters swing, or spell has to physically land on the target to hit.

Great just great makes no sense at all like bologna and colonel
    "Hotkey MMO" generally means you stand around hitting your rotation like 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 3 and so on, like WoW, SW:TOR, Rift, WAR, Aion.

tera is more action based, you dodge attacks, it plays more like an fps than an MMO, yes hit has hot keys, but you don't use them to the extent as you do in other games, and as VileGenesis says, you can even play tera with a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    so any news about when the sneak peak will actually be ?
    "We'll update you if we have a new start time for the sneak peek event, like we mentioned yersterday. Until then, enjoy this cold day. ~Raven" 49 minutes ago

Is the latest I have seen on the topic.

Wonder if they will give out any more sneak peek keys.