Origin Security - Hacked; Check Purchase History

Hey guys. Just got off the phone with EA because I saw some unauthorized purchases this morning in my email. I had to wait over 2.5 hours for them to call me back this morning because apparently they are being swarmed today with this problem. I highly suggest everyone go in and change their passwords, check your bank account and/or enable email verification. EA actually caught the problem before I did and they blocked the purchases but they're sitting pending on my account but were already in the process of being deleted when I called.

Changed title to something that warns people a bit more about the situation. If you have any questions on the title feel free to PM me. -Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2015-01-09 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    Hey guys. Just got off the phone with EA because I saw some unauthorized purchases this morning in my email. I had to wait over 2.5 hours for them to call me back this morning because apparently they are being swarmed today with this problem. I highly suggest everyone go in and change their passwords, check your bank account and/or enable email verification. EA actually caught the problem before I did and they blocked the purchases but they're sitting pending on my account but were already in the process of being deleted when I called.

there was already a thread about this about a week or 2 ago.

Add the 2 step verification and you won't have a problem. Well unless they have access to your email also, in which case you have bigger problems.

The guy said today specifically they are having an abnormally high issue. Not sure what is special about today but that is what they conveyed to me. I could even hear in the background all the other reps dealing with the exact same issue.

Hmm..seems like my secret question is Russian...

So happy I haven't logged any payment models :P

Edit: Called EA, they confirmed that they're receiving a boatload of calls about FIFA right now, so if you have FIFA they use the account to farm coins and if you don't have FIFA, but you have a payment model tied to your account they use it to buy FIFA and still do the above.

My problem has been fixed though, they didn't change any other information and my email password is obviously not the same as my game password and about double the size (no not twice my password), so I still feel secure enough. Thanks for the headsup.
    edit2; Thanks Lucetia

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    there was already a thread about this about a week or 2 ago.
    Add the 2 step verification and you won't have a problem. Well unless they have access to your email also, in which case you have bigger problems.
    I hadn't seen the topic, so I'm happy for this warning
    Last edited by Vespian; 2015-01-09 at 08:06 PM.