So, after playing with my friends to level 42 on my mystic, I decided I'd level an alt when they weren't around. Warriors are great, I love them :3 Can't wait to get to higher level and tank dungeons!
    Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedren View Post
    Figured I'd post this here since the official forums don't get much activity and I can't really find any answers online. So I've been able to play Tera fine ever since it first launched, but ever since the recent patch I can't get in. I hit play and all the logo splash screens come up and the beginning movie plays, but when the character selection screen is supposed to come up, the screen just goes black and I only have the blue cursor. Just wanted to know if anyone has any solutions before I go reinstalling it.
    I'm not sure how it is for everyone else, but I always have a black screen with only the blue cursor for a few seconds every time before the character screen.

I do however have an SSD so if you don't have one it might make the black screen longer then for me.

As you didn't say for how long the black screen was showing for you I just made a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    Thank god you posted that pic done by Da Vinci The vitruvian man because to be honest I had NOOOO Idea what a Human body looked liked therefor had NO idea what you were refering too. With that said the sylvari are made of lettuce. If I twist up some cabage leaves too look like a human, it doesnt make it monohuman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That picture has four arms and four legs. It's not a human, so it's clearly a spider.

I had bought the collectors edition but when the game released I didn't played it due to personal life reason...and then I started playing GW2. Now I am back and playing it and I really love it so far. and it has endgame, it has dungeons and also have high level areas with factions and reputation farms with each faction have their goods Also the free to play model is very generous, so much that makes swtor free to play seem ridicullous...I still have not decided if I liked combat more than gw2 or gw2 was better(for DPS classes) but I can say for sure I love my Lancer very much and I was always playing tank class which sadly I couldn't do in GW2.

overall is a very very good game and the characters/armors are stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    So, after playing with my friends to level 42 on my mystic, I decided I'd level an alt when they weren't around. Warriors are great, I love them :3 Can't wait to get to higher level and tank dungeons!
    The truth is that 90% of the people prefer a lancer for tank than a warrior, so if you have not a group of friends and you are planning find random groups for dungeons then prepare to do DPS instead of tanking
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

The truth is that 90% of the people prefer a lancer for tank than a warrior, so if you have not a group of friends and you are planning find random groups for dungeons then prepare to do DPS instead of tanking
    Truth is 90% of people wanted a lancer over warrior until warriors got a block just like lancers.

Really there is no reason not to have a warrior over a lancer tank. If the person knows what they are doing don't complain about having a tank.

I'd go with warrior since they can tank and dps

wait now, warriors have block now? I know I haven't been keeping up with the times but that kind of saddens me. The fun part of warrior tanking was due to it being an avoidance tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    wait now, warriors have block now? I know I haven't been keeping up with the times but that kind of saddens me. The fun part of warrior tanking was due to it being an avoidance tank.
    Yea they have a block. You can still dodge but most of the time you block.

Blame the jackrabbits for instilling dread in everyone's hearts so they sent their laments to the Devs. For every good warrior tank there were 9 more that spun bosses around in circles constantly, dodging into other people and getting them killed, etc...etc..

It was a pretty stupid design tbh. Should have given warriors a static dodge ability so it would have functioned like a block, but not been a block.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Blame the jackrabbits for instilling dread in everyone's hearts so they sent their laments to the Devs. For every good warrior tank there were 9 more that spun bosses around in circles constantly, dodging into other people and getting them killed, etc...etc..

It was a pretty stupid design tbh. Should have given warriors a static dodge ability so it would have functioned like a block, but not been a block.
    You mean like death from above?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Is that the Matrix-like move that jumps in the air in slow motion to strike something?

Is that the Matrix-like move that jumps in the air in slow motion to strike something?
    Yes that is it.

I'm aware I might have to dps more often than not, but being able to tank at all sounds like a good bargain to me :P
    Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedren View Post
    Figured I'd post this here since the official forums don't get much activity and I can't really find any answers online. So I've been able to play Tera fine ever since it first launched, but ever since the recent patch I can't get in. I hit play and all the logo splash screens come up and the beginning movie plays, but when the character selection screen is supposed to come up, the screen just goes black and I only have the blue cursor. Just wanted to know if anyone has any solutions before I go reinstalling it.
    do you hear background music and able to alt tab without any problems? If so, just wait. If not, you have to re-install (or maybe not but Idk the solution and that's the solution eme gave me and it worked so w/e lol).

Which would be easier to play with a PS3 controller? Mouse just broke and dont have $100 for a new one right now. Main was a Lancer but with all my keybinds that will be impossible to play with a Controller so gonna have to roll a new class. Which would be easier to play properly using a controller? Slayer or Berserker? Also I have both a PS3 and an XBox 360. Is one controller better than the other? I cant really test both out now cause the Xbox is packed up somewhere. But if its easier to use I will try and find it.

Why not get a cheap mouse until you can get a good one again ?
    Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Why not get a cheap mouse until you can get a good one again ?
    Cause like I said lots of keybinds with Lancer. I use my mouse for pretty much everything for all games I play. For moving AND most of my abilities. So finding a cheap 14+ button mouse that im comfortable using isnt going to happen. Im just worried the controls are going to be funky at first since Im use to using a mouse to move around. But this game seems like it would be pretty easy to play with a controller compared to something like WoW.

Probably gonna go with Slayer since it seems everything chains into something else so you can literally play the game with just the chain hotkey. Also after watching some Zerker videos they seem to have to time there moves pretty well and then unload everything at once. Dont know how easy that will be on a controller trying to stay on a boss so I dont miss and waste mana and put something on cooldown. Guess I will just have to try it out for myself and see.

If anyone plays with a controller toss me so info on how it compares to playing with mouse/keyboard.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-02-15 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Cause like I said lots of keybinds with Lancer. I use my mouse for pretty much everything for all games I play. For moving AND most of my abilities. So finding a cheap 14+ button mouse that im comfortable using isnt going to happen. Im just worried the controls are going to be funky at first since Im use to using a mouse to move around. But this game seems like it would be pretty easy to play with a controller compared to something like WoW.

Probably gonna go with Slayer since it seems everything chains into something else so you can literally play the game with just the chain hotkey. Also after watching some Zerker videos they seem to have to time there moves pretty well and then unload everything at once. Dont know how easy that will be on a controller trying to stay on a boss so I dont miss and waste mana and put something on cooldown. Guess I will just have to try it out for myself and see.

If anyone plays with a controller toss me so info on how it compares to playing with mouse/keyboard.
    Lancer isn't the only class with a lot of keybinds. You can forget about playing with a controller at higher levels unless you want to handicap yourself.
    Just move your keybinds from the mouse to the keyboard, chances are it's not only better than a controller but you'll get easier used to it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Do they dodge attacks while it's happening? I haven't leveled a warrior past 6 so I don't know about their mechanics, I just know from experience of playing with them.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Lancer isn't the only class with a lot of keybinds. You can forget about playing with a controller at higher levels unless you want to handicap yourself.
    Just move your keybinds from the mouse to the keyboard, chances are it's not only better than a controller but you'll get easier used to it as well.
    Wow this is surprisingly easy. Using my PS3 controller and playing a Slayer. This game almost feels like it was made to be played with one its pretty smooth. Also you can bind a lot of stuff to the controller, which I didnt realize.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 10:14 PM ----------

Do they dodge attacks while it's happening? I haven't leveled a warrior past 6 so I don't know about their mechanics, I just know from experience of playing with them.
    I wouldnt play a warrior unless you just find it fun. Theres a pretty funny pic either from KTera forums or a fansite comparing the usefulness of a Warrior to a Campfire and the Campfire actually won lol. I cant raid Korean but here it is.

Yes it does.

edit: added a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cVFw...ailpage#t=535s

Doesn't really show it too well, but when you're in the air you take no damage.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2013-02-15 at 03:52 AM.

Death from Above has invulnerability frames for the entire animation's duration.