Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Blame the jackrabbits for instilling dread in everyone's hearts so they sent their laments to the Devs. For every good warrior tank there were 9 more that spun bosses around in circles constantly, dodging into other people and getting them killed, etc...etc..

It was a pretty stupid design tbh. Should have given warriors a static dodge ability so it would have functioned like a block, but not been a block.
    You mean like death from above?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Is that the Matrix-like move that jumps in the air in slow motion to strike something?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Is that the Matrix-like move that jumps in the air in slow motion to strike something?
    Yes that is it.

I'm aware I might have to dps more often than not, but being able to tank at all sounds like a good bargain to me :P
    Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedren View Post
    Figured I'd post this here since the official forums don't get much activity and I can't really find any answers online. So I've been able to play Tera fine ever since it first launched, but ever since the recent patch I can't get in. I hit play and all the logo splash screens come up and the beginning movie plays, but when the character selection screen is supposed to come up, the screen just goes black and I only have the blue cursor. Just wanted to know if anyone has any solutions before I go reinstalling it.
    do you hear background music and able to alt tab without any problems? If so, just wait. If not, you have to re-install (or maybe not but Idk the solution and that's the solution eme gave me and it worked so w/e lol).

Which would be easier to play with a PS3 controller? Mouse just broke and dont have $100 for a new one right now. Main was a Lancer but with all my keybinds that will be impossible to play with a Controller so gonna have to roll a new class. Which would be easier to play properly using a controller? Slayer or Berserker? Also I have both a PS3 and an XBox 360. Is one controller better than the other? I cant really test both out now cause the Xbox is packed up somewhere. But if its easier to use I will try and find it.

Why not get a cheap mouse until you can get a good one again ?
    Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Why not get a cheap mouse until you can get a good one again ?
    Cause like I said lots of keybinds with Lancer. I use my mouse for pretty much everything for all games I play. For moving AND most of my abilities. So finding a cheap 14+ button mouse that im comfortable using isnt going to happen. Im just worried the controls are going to be funky at first since Im use to using a mouse to move around. But this game seems like it would be pretty easy to play with a controller compared to something like WoW.

Probably gonna go with Slayer since it seems everything chains into something else so you can literally play the game with just the chain hotkey. Also after watching some Zerker videos they seem to have to time there moves pretty well and then unload everything at once. Dont know how easy that will be on a controller trying to stay on a boss so I dont miss and waste mana and put something on cooldown. Guess I will just have to try it out for myself and see.

If anyone plays with a controller toss me so info on how it compares to playing with mouse/keyboard.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-02-15 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Cause like I said lots of keybinds with Lancer. I use my mouse for pretty much everything for all games I play. For moving AND most of my abilities. So finding a cheap 14+ button mouse that im comfortable using isnt going to happen. Im just worried the controls are going to be funky at first since Im use to using a mouse to move around. But this game seems like it would be pretty easy to play with a controller compared to something like WoW.

Probably gonna go with Slayer since it seems everything chains into something else so you can literally play the game with just the chain hotkey. Also after watching some Zerker videos they seem to have to time there moves pretty well and then unload everything at once. Dont know how easy that will be on a controller trying to stay on a boss so I dont miss and waste mana and put something on cooldown. Guess I will just have to try it out for myself and see.

If anyone plays with a controller toss me so info on how it compares to playing with mouse/keyboard.
    Lancer isn't the only class with a lot of keybinds. You can forget about playing with a controller at higher levels unless you want to handicap yourself.
    Just move your keybinds from the mouse to the keyboard, chances are it's not only better than a controller but you'll get easier used to it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Do they dodge attacks while it's happening? I haven't leveled a warrior past 6 so I don't know about their mechanics, I just know from experience of playing with them.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Lancer isn't the only class with a lot of keybinds. You can forget about playing with a controller at higher levels unless you want to handicap yourself.
    Just move your keybinds from the mouse to the keyboard, chances are it's not only better than a controller but you'll get easier used to it as well.
    Wow this is surprisingly easy. Using my PS3 controller and playing a Slayer. This game almost feels like it was made to be played with one its pretty smooth. Also you can bind a lot of stuff to the controller, which I didnt realize.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 10:14 PM ----------

Do they dodge attacks while it's happening? I haven't leveled a warrior past 6 so I don't know about their mechanics, I just know from experience of playing with them.
    I wouldnt play a warrior unless you just find it fun. Theres a pretty funny pic either from KTera forums or a fansite comparing the usefulness of a Warrior to a Campfire and the Campfire actually won lol. I cant raid Korean but here it is.

Yes it does.

edit: added a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cVFw...ailpage#t=535s

Doesn't really show it too well, but when you're in the air you take no damage.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2013-02-15 at 03:52 AM.

Death from Above has invulnerability frames for the entire animation's duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    gw2 = 5 chars before buying more

swtor/tera/others 2 chars before buying more

and theres no be a sub and levle up faster crap like in swtor and i think tera
    gw2 is just a much better model sure its expensive and theres fuck all to do for endgame but swtor f2p doesnt let you raid and has alot of limits like 3 weekly loot rolls on last boss and etc
    tera i donno as i havnt gotten to 20 yet as i have yet to find a class i like enough to play past 15
    I'm completely confused as to what you're saying. What you quoted of me has no relevance to what you posted.
    BAD WOLF

You really cannot judge a class on this game until at least level 30. Slayer is the second fastest class compared to Warrior. Berserker (Yes its Berserker, not Berzerker, pls stop adding z's) Is very slow all game, but as of right now is the top PvE dps. Until we get K-teras anti-stagger patch Berserker will be gimped in PvP (mind you, we should of had by now) we'll be fixed in pvp again.

Also concerning Warriors, they are pretty useful. They bring a debuff to your party that makes the group deal more damage to the boss. They are mediocre dps, and they are ok tanks. A warrior can clear all content as of right now. A warrior tank also got the first MCHM kill on K-tera.
    Last edited by Drelka; 2013-02-15 at 04:16 AM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kslap/advanced
    Tera - Kuroneko - 60 Berserker - Mount Tyrannas, Active since CB1

i have never tried tera out. what is it like? does it have any endgame content?

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    i have never tried tera out. what is it like? does it have any endgame content?
    Endgame consists of a few 5 man dungeons with hardmodes, a nexus raid (which it's called a raid, but its hardly raid worthy... one boss, could be duoed before patch).
    Other then that there is 1 pvp 15v15 battleground, and 3v3 arenas.
    I simply keep playing it because I love the combat, and the pvp is fun. (Well it isn't now for Berserker until anti-stagger patch) To keep it in perspective, I still raid on WoW due to lack of pve content, otherwise I play Tera.

~Honestly though, I've been around since Closed Beta 1, I've never let my sub run out and I play all aspects of the game. If anyone wants to shoot me any messages with questions or anything go for it. I can probably answer almost anything.
    Last edited by Drelka; 2013-02-15 at 04:19 AM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kslap/advanced
    Tera - Kuroneko - 60 Berserker - Mount Tyrannas, Active since CB1

K-Tera currently has a 10 and 20 man raid. I dont know how many and if the 10 and 20 mans are just the same raid but our version has been catching up to theirs pretty fast. I would expect to see them by summer.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 12:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drelka View Post
    Also concerning Warriors, they are pretty useful. They bring a debuff to your party that makes the group deal more damage to the boss. They are mediocre dps, and they are ok tanks. A warrior can clear all content as of right now. A warrior tank also got the first MCHM kill on K-tera.
    I dont see how useful a Warrior is when I have watched the raid videos from K-Tera and even out of 20 players there isnt a single Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Drelka View Post
    You really cannot judge a class on this game until at least level 30. Slayer is the second fastest class compared to Warrior. Berserker (Yes its Berserker, not Berzerker, pls stop adding z's) Is very slow all game, but as of right now is the top PvE dps. Until we get K-teras anti-stagger patch Berserker will be gimped in PvP (mind you, we should of had by now) we'll be fixed in pvp again.

with only 2 character slots its not easy trying out each class especially to 30

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    with only 2 character slots its not easy trying out each class especially to 30
    Pretty easy to narrow it down though. If you dont like tanking there goes Lancer. If you dont like Healing there goes Priests and Mystics. If you hate ranged classes bye bye Sorcerer (not counting Rangers as a DPS class). You can narrow it down pretty easily. Id say if you want a good feel of the game use your 2 slots on a Sorcerer and then either a Slayer or Zerker. Also id say just get to 20 for your first instance which can be done in a day. Run it a few times to get a feel for group play and how you have to react to bosses.