Warchief
    If you like melee and soloing i'd suggest a warrior, great survivability and movement with decent dps.

Thanks I'll try a warrior then. Is there a MMO-champ guild or any recommendation for a server and guild to look for that is good with newbies?

i would suggest taking tank or healing class to cut down the search time for both of them when you want to go to a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Thanks I'll try a warrior then. Is there a MMO-champ guild or any recommendation for a server and guild to look for that is good with newbies?
    yes we were working on forming one, not sure what the deal is atm.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 05:05 PM ----------

Flew to bastion to do dailies and this is what happened 0_0

http://i.imgur.com/AJF6W8B.jpg
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-02-18 at 12:18 AM.

Trying to decide whether to keep leveling my Zerker or Sorcerer. Zerker is just so damn boring. Round up 10 mobs, charge up Cyclone, release it, loot everything. My Sorcerer isnt very high yet but please tell me they use more than one skill while leveling? At 60 which one is easier to play in Dungeons? I heard Zerkers can suck cause you charge up your skills and then the boss runs to other side of the room or knocks you down so you miss while Sorcerer can still hit them. Also for farming gold which of the two is better? Zerker seems like the winner cause you just spin to win and then loot but I dont know if I can force myself to level all the way to 60. Seen videos of Sorcerers soloing instances like LoT and ET for loot and they make it look easy cause bosses die in like 2 mins. But Im sure every class can do that given good enough loot they just make it look the easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Trying to decide whether to keep leveling my Zerker or Sorcerer.
    Sorcerers seem to have a long ass rotation. Heres copy and paste from the official forums:
    LTC - OC - Celerity - Fireblast - Hailstorm - Arcane Pulse - Void Pulse - Ice Needle - Magma Bomb - Painblast - Flaming Barrage - Mana Infusion - LTC - Flaming Barrage - Magma Bomb - OC - Fireblast (celerity ends) - Arcane Pulse - Void Pulse - Ice Needle - Magma Bomb - Flaming Barrage - Mana Siphon (2 charge)

Maybe its far easier to actually perform that in the game than it looks and I hope so cause long rotations tend to be a turn off for me. But Zerker is like Tera's Arcane Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Trying to decide whether to keep leveling my Zerker or Sorcerer. Zerker is just so damn boring. Round up 10 mobs, charge up Cyclone, release it, loot everything. My Sorcerer isnt very high yet but please tell me they use more than one skill while leveling? At 60 which one is easier to play in Dungeons? I heard Zerkers can suck cause you charge up your skills and then the boss runs to other side of the room or knocks you down so you miss while Sorcerer can still hit them. Also for farming gold which of the two is better? Zerker seems like the winner cause you just spin to win and then loot but I dont know if I can force myself to level all the way to 60. Seen videos of Sorcerers soloing instances like LoT and ET for loot and they make it look easy cause bosses die in like 2 mins. But Im sure every class can do that given good enough loot they just make it look the easiest.
    The boss moving is a problem for anyone who has a certain locked range on an ability. Personally, the sorc is a hell of a lot more fun. When you get Burst of Celerity, you will eat through everything ridiculously fast. That isn't until 48, so it might be better to play something a little more "actiony" if you want that satisfaction right now type class.

High Overlord
    Decided to give this game a spin after trying it out in beta.

Where is everyone playing (NA servers)? I'm looking to find some people on a pve server. Which is either Ascension Valley (new server), Tempest Reach (the post merge server) or Celestial Hills (RP server). Tempest Reach seems to have the most experienced players on it, but Ascension Valley is new so I won't be tossed into BG's against vastly overgeared people or not allowed in dungeons with people due to inexperience (I've seen it happen before)...

Atm, I've been trying out classes on AV since the queue is shorter. I'm stuck between mystic and priest, but I think I like priest more. I do want to find a good server + people to play with before I upgrade to elite status since the atlas is a one time character thing and I want it on a toon that I will most definitely be playing. o.o

Also, High Elf Males = Win.
    Last edited by Vanero; 2013-02-18 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Can't spell >.>
    /dance

Quote Originally Posted by Vanero View Post
    not allowed in dungeons because of a gear score...
    There is a LFG and I honestly haven't seen anyone kicked because they don't have a certain set of gear. People may be a little more selective for HC content, but I feel the community largely doesn't care too much.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    There is a LFG and I honestly haven't seen anyone kicked because they don't have a certain set of gear. People may be a little more selective for HC content, but I feel the community largely doesn't care too much.
    Oh, that's quite refreshing, thank you!

Still undecided on a server though. >.>

I will say though, that gathering in this game is very easy compared to, say, Aion. I'm not sure how much money you get at high lvls for gathering though, but it's something to do since you get neat things for maxing them out. XD
    /dance

After a few weeks of trying a few classes I finally ended up trying Lancer. Being a tank lover since Vanilla wow I really appreciate everything the lancer offers and wonder why I didn't actually try it first. The class is spectacular as a tank and makes me laugh at anything I did prior to that I considered a tank role.

Coming from GW2 (which I really love) I am now leaning towards the fact of how I love trinity and the pursuit of perfecting a roll such as tank.

The game overall is sexy and easy on the eyes. The graphics are clearly top notch and the animations are fluid and appealing. The real treat is the attention to detail. The animations of falling down or knocking down are top notch.

The minute details in EVERY SINGLE piece of armor and weaponry is just astounding and mind blowing. A level 25 blue is visually equal to (if not superior to) any single 90 epic in wow. The layer and attention to detail in armor and weaponry is just fucking bonkers.

The combinations available for glyphing and crystals to customize your playstyle is unmatched and that to me has me pouring hours into this game.

As an original non-subscriber I would like to say great idea to switch to free to play because now myself and a few others of my party have purchased the game and paid for a month of sub time just because we finally realize how fucking amazing and revolutionary this game really is.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2013-02-18 at 03:24 AM.

I have healed in every MMO I have played for the last 12 years but healing seems odd in this game and I am very reluctant to make a Priest. First of all you cant really click on someone's name and spam heals like you can in every other game. Also lock on healing seems like its terrible. When doing dungeons on my Slayer most people run around bosses like chickens with their heads cut off. How am I supposed to manually target these people, who seem to actually be trying purposely to not get targeted, for lock on heals? Also is healing very forgivable in this game? I mean unless you are asleep or AFK can you screw up and people will actually die?

Also is solo leveling as a Priest really as bad as people say? What about making gold when I hit 60 so I can buy gear? I see videos of Sorcs and Berserkers soloing instances for stuff to sell but Im sure theres no way a Priest could do that. Or people solo farming level 60 BAMs, probably cant do that either. Is there anything a Priest can farm at 60 or will I always be broke?

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    I have healed in every MMO I have played for the last 12 years but healing seems odd in this game and I am very reluctant to make a Priest. First of all you cant really click on someone's name and spam heals like you can in every other game. Also lock on healing seems like its terrible. When doing dungeons on my Slayer most people run around bosses like chickens with their heads cut off. How am I supposed to manually target these people, who seem to actually be trying purposely to not get targeted, for lock on heals? Also is healing very forgivable in this game? I mean unless you are asleep or AFK can you screw up and people will actually die?

Also is solo leveling as a Priest really as bad as people say? What about making gold when I hit 60 so I can buy gear? I see videos of Sorcs and Berserkers soloing instances for stuff to sell but Im sure theres no way a Priest could do that. Or people solo farming level 60 BAMs, probably cant do that either. Is there anything a Priest can farm at 60 or will I always be broke?
    Since I have not personally played priest I can only transcend what my wife and I have discussed as she is a level 50 priest who has leveled with me.

Healing in this game is fun yet challenging. You have to adjust positions and play smart but also have to have a competent group of people who play smart and stay out of shit. They also have to have intelligence on how you heal. You can't actually click on people's frames but you can highlight their bodies.

You manually target people's bodies, hold and drag over multiple people (with the right glyph). You use circular ground healing to group heal and multi-target or cleanse when needed. The party you're with should be attempting to avoid damage all together and getting out of easy shit which eases your overall party heal.

Look, my wife and I (lancer me, priest her) have had zero issues in any instance or BAM we have seen from level 20-40. Perhaps healing in this game isn't for you? It's not like wow or any other healer to date except maybe DCUO (according to her, and she has healed every mmo since wow's release). She thinks this is the most challenging and fun way to heal in any mmo to date and as a tank I agree. If I (or anyone take damage) a large portion of the time it's due to the player and is completely preventable.

Keep going, suck it up and either get so good you make up for nubs sucking at their class or switch to another role.

As someone who never quite got the art of healing in wow, for whatever reason, I personally really enjoy my priest in tera. As a priest, you have many ways of healing, unlike the mystic which has like 2-3 I think heals. The lockon heal is pretty easy to get, press 1 (or whatever button you have keybound to it) and then sweep your mouse over the people you want to heal (can be hard if you've got a full group of melees and they are all clumped up together) and then either press your keybind again. Most of the time I reserve the lockon heal for when someone needs immediate healing, as it always counts as a crit.

You definitely can screw up when it comes to healing, but at the same time a lot of responsibility is put on the dps to keep themselves alive through the big damaging abilities of a boss. Since quite a few bosses have 1-shotting abilities that no matter your best efforts, they will die.

Priests are a test in patience when it comes to soloing. You can solo bams and I think some dungeons, but quite a few groups at endgame usually will 3-man several dungeons (Labyrinth of Terror, Ebon Tower, and even Manaya's Core.) so if you can find a group that does those regularly you should be ok. There are dailies as well, and like I said, priests are basically a test of patience but at the same time you can usually fight a pretty decent size group of mobs (4-5) with little to no trouble.

The point TERA's combat is to not be like every other MMO over the past 12 years. It's a big change, but it's not too hard to get into if your group isn't full of derps, and even then a decent healer can carry a group relatively well.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    After a few weeks of trying a few classes I finally ended up trying Lancer. Being a tank lover since Vanilla wow I really appreciate everything the lancer offers and wonder why I didn't actually try it first. The class is spectacular as a tank and makes me laugh at anything I did prior to that I considered a tank role.

Coming from GW2 (which I really love) I am now leaning towards the fact of how I love trinity and the pursuit of perfecting a roll such as tank.

The game overall is sexy and easy on the eyes. The graphics are clearly top notch and the animations are fluid and appealing. The real treat is the attention to detail. The animations of falling down or knocking down are top notch.
    The best visual is when you Stand Fast while the BAM is doing a charge and you get pushed back while blocking. It just totally conveys that you are an awesome tank.

Healing, can be the most boring class, if everyone of your group quite literally takes no damage, lol. Well, there's usually one derp or something or the occasional mess up if your group is that good, else it's not that bad.
    (I've had it, the healer literally was like... I hate you all, you make this boring)

even then a decent healer can carry a group relatively well.
    So basically as long as all my gear is +9ed and I know how to use my spells then solo leveling and healing instances will at least be a joke until I hit 60?

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Healing, can be the most boring class,
    Not like its any more fun in WoW. Watch TV and randomly click something on VuhDo. At least bosses seem to have one shot mechanics from some videos I have watched. WoW players cried so much all those have been removed from MoP it seems. Only boring part Im seeing is leveling. As they dont seem to have a huge DPS arsenal. But my Zerker was about as fun as watching paint dry. Round up 15 mobs, fully charge cyclone, unload killing everything at once, loot, then repeat. Cant be more boring than that.

So basically as long as all my gear is +9ed and I know how to use my spells then solo leveling and healing instances will at least be a joke until I hit 60?
    Leveling will still be slower than running around on a DPS class, and group play still largely depends on your dps staying the fuck out of all the bad. A one shot is still a one shot, but you can go far as a healing class as long as you know what you're doing. I'd get to 20 and heal a few dungeons since you are more likely to find a good mix of goods and bads to get a feel for how healing is.

Leveling will still be slower than running around on a DPS class, and group play still largely depends on your dps staying the fuck out of all the bad. A one shot is still a one shot, but you can go far as a healing class as long as you know what you're doing. I'd get to 20 and heal a few dungeons since you are more likely to find a good mix of goods and bads to get a feel for how healing is.
    Yea been watching Priest PoV videos and it actually doesnt look that hard. Just want something to avoid hour+ queues. Problem with a Priest is going to be solo farming for gold. Unless queuing for instances is good gold at 60? Also can a Priest solo something like 3 Towers or stuff around Pathfinder post?
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2013-02-18 at 05:03 AM.