I pretty much agree with Zito.
    Population has been much better in EU since the server merges, but it is still grindy. I really love the combat in the game and have never felt so "a part of the fight" as healer as I do in Tera. In WoW / SWTOR it is pretty much just watching bars and dont stand in bad stuff, while here positioning is very important so you have LoS to the tank and such stuff.
    Last edited by JackHeart; 2012-12-17 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Typo
    Currently playing: Wildstar Online
    Jack Hearts, SGC Swedish Exiles, Ascendency (PvE-EU)

Proud member of Swedish MMO gaming community "Swedish Game Corner"

Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    I pretty much agree with Zito.
    Population has been much better in EU since the server merges, but it is still grindy. I really love the combat in the game and have never felt so "a part of the fight" as healer as I do in Tera. In WoW / SWTOR it is pretty much just watching bars and dont stand in bad stuff, while here positioning is very important so you have LoS to the tank and such stuff.
    Healing is probably the most intense of the combat. It was warrior tanking but they added the block so..... it's not really challenging anymore.

As other ppl have already said I find the combat the best by all the MMOs I have played. Though I quit because MMOs in general with questing is boring as hell and kill Qs are just boring. Its too many lvls between the instances too IMO. I quit at lvl 35 because I was just too bored of lvling in the game but the combat and graphics are really nice.
    Might try it again sometime.

Such a shame and I still think it could of been huge, Frogster royally fucked up the EU version too.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Such a shame and I still think it could of been huge, Frogster royally fucked up the EU version too.
    buy the US version. Fake a us zip code

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12...p-in-korea-an/

FYI. Hoping this means it will be transitioning in the West too!

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

For once I agree with you, mostly for selfish reasons but to some extent due to the game lending it self better to the model with it's combat focus than you traditional tiered gear progression MMOs.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    For once I agree with you, mostly for selfish reasons but to some extent due to the game lending it self better to the model with it's combat focus than you traditional tiered gear progression MMOs.
    I agree with you on this one. Tera was one of my favorite MMO's I've played but not worthy of a sub fee. This is one game I would support it for.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

Im not really big into Korean looking games save Aion and L2, but Id definitely give this a whirl if it goes F2P with a decent model.

I would definitely play it again if it went free to play.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

Transition please.
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Healing is probably the most intense of the combat. It was warrior tanking but they added the block so..... it's not really challenging anymore.
    Understandable, but I still loved playing dodgy for my war for tanking.

TERA – Korea and Japan servers announce F2P conversion
    The conversion for both servers will also see a new “Federation” update, with the core focus on enhancing guild, political and PvP features (along with new equipment, dungeons, maps etc). It is reported that the “experience server” for TERA Korea saw an increment of 25% in players, hence NHN decided to roll out this full conversion.

http://bit.ly/W35ZPf

If it goes f2p in US and EU, I might actually try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrendil View Post
    If it goes f2p in US and EU, I might actually try it again.
    I wouldn't mind going back if the f2p model was right but the EU in particular have some pathetic f2p games and with gameforge for the EU i don't hold out much hope...the US however might get a decent model... like Aion

I got hyped for tera, played it as mystic - solo questing was HORRIBLE all "kill x" quests and mystic did half the dps of the tank/dps classes. On top of that I hated nearly all the mechanics - lock on ranged abilities (imo) are completely stupid in a positional skill-based game. Frankly, even healing was too easy due to lock on abilities. I've healed in several MMOs including endgame healing on 3 different classes in wow and I was not even slightly enthused by the dungeon content in TERA. I also disliked how constrained the world was - you can't even jump off the sides of the zone for christ's sake... I like freedom and exploration, and the world was beautiful, but it felt exceptionally theme-parky. The graphics were outstanding but unrealistically glossy and shiny, and my number-one aesthetic complaint was that most of the mobs were just standing around waiting to be killed so it felt completely lifeless. Combat with BAMs was okay but they had WAAAAAAY too much health; it felt like a test of patience rather than a test of skill. Combat with normal mobs was generally not fun because the western version was so ridiculously nerfed and there was no threat of dying ever.

I'm sorry to bring all that negativity here, but long story short I'm curious if anything has changed or improved because I WANT to like TERA. I'm tired of the stale combat, bad graphics and bad animations in other MMOs, but its possible that TERA simply is not for me.

Will not touch again even if F2P. Questing/leveling was beyond boring, got tired of the combat system in a few days. Nothing special.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

if this game goes F2P, i'll buy a US license and pick it up again.
    A wise man once said: "Does it matter what religion you are?
    we are here to connect each other people in the world ... through MUSIC"

I could try it out if it went f2p and wasnt very restrictive... if they plan on making it possible to level in pvp or what is the pvp fuss all about?
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

This game just needs more frequent updates...

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I could try it out if it went f2p and wasnt very restrictive... if they plan on making it possible to level in pvp or what is the pvp fuss all about?
    games only pvp is either bgs (which you can't do til 60) or world if you're on the pvp server.