TERA – Korea and Japan servers announce F2P conversion
    The conversion for both servers will also see a new “Federation” update, with the core focus on enhancing guild, political and PvP features (along with new equipment, dungeons, maps etc). It is reported that the “experience server” for TERA Korea saw an increment of 25% in players, hence NHN decided to roll out this full conversion.

http://bit.ly/W35ZPf

If it goes f2p in US and EU, I might actually try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrendil View Post
    If it goes f2p in US and EU, I might actually try it again.
    I wouldn't mind going back if the f2p model was right but the EU in particular have some pathetic f2p games and with gameforge for the EU i don't hold out much hope...the US however might get a decent model... like Aion

I got hyped for tera, played it as mystic - solo questing was HORRIBLE all "kill x" quests and mystic did half the dps of the tank/dps classes. On top of that I hated nearly all the mechanics - lock on ranged abilities (imo) are completely stupid in a positional skill-based game. Frankly, even healing was too easy due to lock on abilities. I've healed in several MMOs including endgame healing on 3 different classes in wow and I was not even slightly enthused by the dungeon content in TERA. I also disliked how constrained the world was - you can't even jump off the sides of the zone for christ's sake... I like freedom and exploration, and the world was beautiful, but it felt exceptionally theme-parky. The graphics were outstanding but unrealistically glossy and shiny, and my number-one aesthetic complaint was that most of the mobs were just standing around waiting to be killed so it felt completely lifeless. Combat with BAMs was okay but they had WAAAAAAY too much health; it felt like a test of patience rather than a test of skill. Combat with normal mobs was generally not fun because the western version was so ridiculously nerfed and there was no threat of dying ever.

I'm sorry to bring all that negativity here, but long story short I'm curious if anything has changed or improved because I WANT to like TERA. I'm tired of the stale combat, bad graphics and bad animations in other MMOs, but its possible that TERA simply is not for me.

Will not touch again even if F2P. Questing/leveling was beyond boring, got tired of the combat system in a few days. Nothing special.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

if this game goes F2P, i'll buy a US license and pick it up again.
    A wise man once said: "Does it matter what religion you are?
    we are here to connect each other people in the world ... through MUSIC"

I could try it out if it went f2p and wasnt very restrictive... if they plan on making it possible to level in pvp or what is the pvp fuss all about?
    Sign + avatar by Visenna

This game just needs more frequent updates...

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I could try it out if it went f2p and wasnt very restrictive... if they plan on making it possible to level in pvp or what is the pvp fuss all about?
    games only pvp is either bgs (which you can't do til 60) or world if you're on the pvp server.

Bloodsail Admiral
    I'm getting TERA soon so I thought I would DL the client as I wait for my copy, but it seems that I can't open up the launcher? When I double-click tera launcher.exe file, it comes up in task manager for a few seconds then it's gone.

I've tried the solutions that i found from google, but none worked.

Anyone have an idea what could be wrong? I'm about to give up
    Last edited by Harnace; 2012-12-29 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The boobs was the only highlight of the game. The questing, the story, the crafting, the everything was the standard boring +more grind.
    Fixed that for you.
    [Infracted!]

*headdesk*

I never unsubscribed... I haven't played in months... The damn thing isn't even installed on my computer... That's almost 100 bucks I didn't notice I spent on a game I wasn't playing...

I guess the good news is I can log in right after I download it again and start putzing around.
    Some would ask
    "How could a perfect God create a universe with so much that is evil?"
    They have missed a greater conundrum
    "Why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"

http://store.enmasse.com/store/tera/...1#costumes-tab

Why no leotards for aman ladies, En Masse? *death glare*

http://store.enmasse.com/store/tera/...ccessories-tab

No cat ears either?!

*sees Japanese school swimsuit for elin* Well that probably made a lot of players happy... (*snicker* And it costs more!)
    Some would ask

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    http://store.enmasse.com/store/tera/...1#costumes-tab

Why no leotards for aman ladies, En Masse? *death glare*

http://store.enmasse.com/store/tera/...ccessories-tab

No cat ears either?!

*sees Japanese school swimsuit for elin* Well that probably made a lot of players happy... (*snicker* And it costs more!)
    Swimsuits were in a while back but the fishnets on an elin...bound to spark even more Seville talk

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Swimsuits were in a while back but the fishnets on an elin...bound to spark even more Seville talk
    Oh I'm aware these were probably all in last year. I just wasn't around at the time.

Still, why En Masse not appreciate aman ladies?
    Some would ask

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Seems like if you're a founder, you're just playing the same as is, just no sub fee. (Buy the cute costumes in the store anyways, )
    ALL the cute costumes. Good lord. That's what I'm going to be dropping cash on. Totes up for supporting it, so cute costumes it will be ^______________^

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    ALL the cute costumes. Good lord. That's what I'm going to be dropping cash on. Totes up for supporting it, so cute costumes it will be ^______________^
    I'm usually all for cute costumes, but the stuff they have available now aren't really my thing.

Did that plate armor maid outfit someone linked ages ago ever get added?
    Some would ask

I want K-tera's Christma costumes already > even tho its after christmas

I look forwarded to dusting of my Sorc. =D
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    Want so much. Want.
    IS THAT A GOTH LOLI BERSERKER?!

God DAMN it, Japan!
    Some would ask