I think my pc's dead

So to start off I have a HP that's about 4 years old. Only used it for wow and web browsing. For the past 2 days it's been blue screening and just turning off in the middle of booting vista. I've done a recovery and safe mode booting and it does th above two things. I'll get it on for max 10 min. I'm not super savvy with computers so any advise would be tits or just buy a new tower. Not a 100% on the specs but I believe it's 4gigs triple core processor with 2.1 ghz pavilion. Thanks

I see you are from Hawaii too, please PM me I can fix.

i'm a guess you haven't cleaned it out in a long time or did so just recently? pop the case open and see if you've got a colony of dustbunnies that killed your cpu's fan. probably what happened. pop the case open and turn it on .. see if any fans especially on the cpu have died. if so possible damage to the cpu. might replace the fan first if that doesn't work cpu is dammaged.

you said it could stay on for 10 min so i'm guessing it's a heat issue. also if you put in a vid card check the fan on that too. and clean both out regularly if you get her started back up again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever cleaned your computer before? Sounds like its over heating, clean it out. You should do that every couple months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Yea I ran it earlier with the case off cause it seemed the way it was powering down might be a overheating issue... But all my fans are running

Quote Originally Posted by Potente View Post
    Yea I ran it earlier with the case off cause it seemed the way it was powering down might be a overheating issue... But all my fans are running
    your fans wont do much use if there is dust clogging up the vent holes.
    Try getting a can of compressed air to blow out the dust and replace the cooling paste on your cpu.
    Its really easy to do remove the cooler take like a cloth or some thing with some rubbing alcohol clean off the old paste from both the cooler and cpu.
    Put on new paste and put the cooler back on the cpu and remember to plug the fan connector back in.

Ok I'll try that once I figure out what cooling paste is. Thanks for the help