10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Recovery - Dubstep

My first Dubstep kinda .. style song. Enjoy

10+ Year Old Account
    man i like it. thumbs up on that. build up was bit long, and i thought it would turn into DnB. you could develop this song into a DnB version aswell. i think you got skills, keep working !

Deleted
    Intro was a bit long, but other than that it's great!

Deleted
    Came in here expecting some wobbly crap. Was happily surprised. Great job really!

Definitely not a bad track, i would not call it dubstep though.

I usually don't like this type of music, but other then the long intro, I think it's pretty nice.

It's ok. Cut the intro in half and get it more personality.

Ending it is all I fucking think about, that's the shit I think about
    All alone, bawling 'til my mothafuckin' eyes bleed

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the positive feedback. I felt the intro was too long.. Eitherway its my first time making a song for this and nobodys perfect d:

Deleted
    Really liked it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PIvemaskine View Post
    i would not call it dubstep though.
    I don't see how anyone could call this dubstep. But I get how he was inspired by it

Deleted
    Not bad, intro length is fine really, people are just used to clips these days, I bet you could make some great video game music. As for it being dubstep, well yeah it's half step, that's about it. I'd personally encourage you to actually work more on the groove and sub base if you want to use dubstep as your selling point on a beat, otherwise it can easily come across as just trying to jump on the bandwagon. Not saying you are though, I don't doubt what you see as dubstep is just likely different to me, but I think it would do you some good to pay some more homage to the actual genre if your gonna use the term to describe your music. Sorry, dubstep is something I'm kinda passionate about so I'll shut up about that now :P

Overall it's a good beat. You built up a great sense of atmosphere with the choice of piano and melody, also done well making the main synths work together. If anything I'd say try to forget the simple half step patterns and make something more intresting drum wise. I think there's a lot of room for improvement in the sub department too, try adding more modulation, automations and experiment with pitch bends and such more. I think your hats are nice, but some other persussion (bongos, n all that sorta stuff) could help really bring out the drums.

Just thought I'd offer some feedback, good job
    Last edited by mmoc23f1c456d3; 2012-02-12 at 07:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McLøvin View Post
    My first Dubstep kinda .. style song. Enjoy
    He's not really labelling it as dubstep anyways guys.

Definetely good, not mind blowing. I don't mind the intro length either!

Oh, and I was sure this thread was going to be "how do we, the world, recover after the dreaful shit that is dubstep?" - I was surprised!

15+ Year Old Account
    The intro is the best part in all of techno, trance, and dubstep. I wouldn't cut it. It sets the mood, the feeling, builds the song up. Why cut that short, it's an important part of the song. I liked it though, even though I despise dubstep. Honestly, I thought someone remixed Eminem's Recovery CD with dubstep and was about to go on some useless raging rampart, xD.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont hear any dubstep in this.

More dance or techno or so xD
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Deleted
    Nice work

Enjoyed listening to it.

I don't feel enough bass. But it is good for the first time.

I like it, but missed the WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBDROPTHEBASS
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucknazty View Post
    I like it, but missed the WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBDROPTHEBASS
    ><> Wub Wub <><

Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds View Post
    Not bad, intro length is fine really, people are just used to clips these days, I bet you could make some great video game music. As for it being dubstep, well yeah it's half step, that's about it. I'd personally encourage you to actually work more on the groove and sub base if you want to use dubstep as your selling point on a beat, otherwise it can easily come across as just trying to jump on the bandwagon. Not saying you are though, I don't doubt what you see as dubstep is just likely different to me, but I think it would do you some good to pay some more homage to the actual genre if your gonna use the term to describe your music. Sorry, dubstep is something I'm kinda passionate about so I'll shut up about that now :P

Overall it's a good beat. You built up a great sense of atmosphere with the choice of piano and melody, also done well making the main synths work together. If anything I'd say try to forget the simple half step patterns and make something more intresting drum wise. I think there's a lot of room for improvement in the sub department too, try adding more modulation, automations and experiment with pitch bends and such more. I think your hats are nice, but some other persussion (bongos, n all that sorta stuff) could help really bring out the drums.

Just thought I'd offer some feedback, good job
    Thanks for the Feedback!!

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    The intro is the best part in all of techno, trance, and dubstep. I wouldn't cut it. It sets the mood, the feeling, builds the song up.
    Thats kinda what I was trying to go for ^_^

Deleted
    i kind of like it! its ofcourse not the best out there but defenitly a good start