Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Depends on the game I guess. If the story's interesting, I'll usually just rush through to the end and ignore most of the side quests. If I'm not bored by the time I finish, I might go back to do some of the side quests or do them on another playthrough (I'll wait a few weeks or months first).

If the story's not that interesting, I might get bored part way through and take a break for a week or two. I almost always come back to finish them though.

I actually don't play a whole lot of RPGs though. I'm not a huge fan of turn based combat unless it's Pokemon, so I usually only play them for the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    It happens to me too, i think its because the story isn't interesting enough, in fact the only rpgs i have ever finished were Mass Effect ("rpg") 1 and 2, Dragon Age 1, and Kotor, because the story was really great, Skyrim its still in the to do list, i did so many sidequests i got tired of the game before getting on the main quest again. But not just with RPG's just looking at my steam account theres loads of unfinished games, hell even some i never played lol (tanks steam sales, i am a capitalism bitch)
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majik8ball View Post
    Which is that?
    In the main story line, when on a quest to find Esbern he has no dialogue (more accurately he has no voice and all of his lines just flash on the screen in a second) and won't open the door. Yeah, I know there are community made fixes and all, but that was the last drop added to my disappointment with this game.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik8ball View Post
    Which is that? I was able to beat it w/o trouble.
    Did they ever fix the CtD issue? Only bug I found that really annoyed me to the point that I couldn't finish even the main quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    In the main story line, when on a quest to find Esbern he has no dialogue (more accurately he has no voice and all of his lines just flash on the screen in a second) and won't open the door. Yeah, I know there are community made fixes and all, but that was the last drop added to my disappointment with this game.
    You could use the console command "tcl" to walk through the door, after you do that he should have a voice and stop glitching.
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

10+ Year Old Account
    i just get fedup of doing the same stuff over and over just for a stupid achievement

If I'm no longer having fun I stop playing a game. I usually don't finish RPGs if their story and gameplay don't interest me anymore.
    I still love RPGs, mainly because the ones that I finish turn out to be some of my favourite games.

Some, yes. I've always "Finished" Fallout & Elder Scrolls games, but lackluster RPGs I just can't seem to continue playing after a certain point.

---------- Post added 2012-02-13 at 07:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    i just get fedup of doing the same stuff over and over just for a stupid achievement
    NEVER play just to get achievements. Don't waste your 60$ just to get some number that means nothing. Buy a game you think you'll enjoy, play it, and the achievements will come.

If I can go the entire game without a guide, I'm probably able to finish it.

If I resort to using a guide, eh, I find I get so far and get bored.

Think i lose the discovery/epicness when everything is handed to me. I like fighting the last boss without knowing that there was a epic sword behind a false wall a Dungeon ago, or you can get Knights of the Round materia from Chocobo breading.