Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How are you enjoying the tera beta?

High res textures arent out yet, nor are pvp servers up, but i for one have been greatly enjoying it. The gameplay, the scenery, the cut scenes and introductions to new zones, everything just seems insanely well done, and every class i find to be really fun as well. This game looks like my wow killer. What are your thoughts on the beta?

Not again with WoW killers... please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Never will be a WoW killer. It's ok, quests are bland.

RULE #1 OF MMOS: THEY DO NOT HAVE TO BE WOW KILLERS!

Remember that and stop using the term from now on.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll hop on the WoW killer bandwagon and say, don't let the beta fool you, this is becoming all too much like Rift. Just let a game be it's own thing without trying to see if it can destroy another in order to get you to play it. It does look interesting though, but it's an MMO, and those have become all too boring for me, especially the subscription based ones.

hm it might be a... rift-killer! muhahaha c-c-c-combo breaker!

actually its more like aion. you guys won't be able to handle the grind at higher levels. beta is capped low. if you aren't prepared to spend 4-8 times longer to level than wow/swtor/rift, etc, you will fail.

I think what the op meant was a wow killer to him, as in it will get him to quit wow and play tera exclusively.

I haven't played the beta yet, but I saw videos on tera a couple years ago and thought it looked interesting. When it releases I will probably try it

15+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair they said "This game looks like my wow killer"
    meaning for them,so no need to jump down there throat
    Sig by Safhira

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post

That is dumb he didn't say the wow killer he said his wow killer. What he will leave wow for.

15+ Year Old Account
    i haven't tried it my self yet, but Ive heard mixed reviews right now.

i know like Pokket from MMORPG.com likes it, but Gary Gannon from Gamebreaker says if you enjoy killing 10 rats for a quest then this is the game for you.

the problem is, while its from Korea expect a high amount of grinding as the Asian market loves that kind of thing, even if they are trying to make a westernized version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    hm it might be a... rift-killer! muhahaha c-c-c-combo breaker!
    You made me laugh so hard right now.

Yeah ...I said it was my personal wow killer...wow isnt going to die any time soon...this game has simply taken the fun out of wow for me

---------- Post added 2012-02-12 at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post

i know like Pokket from MMORPG.com likes it, but Gary Gannon from Gamebreaker says if you enjoy killing 10 rats for a quest then this is the game for you.

the problem is, while its from Korea expect a high amount of grinding as the Asian market loves that kind of thing, even if they are trying to make a westernized version.
    While it is from korea, they have a complete team dedicated for our western needs

have to say it aswell. Don´t just read what u want to read and then jump the guy.

He said that this might be HIS wow killer, and to be honest, don´t we all just look for our own wow-killer? something that finaly takes us away from this Chain of diabolic love that we all have for a game that we should have stoped playing years ago?

pls, let me go...pls

OT: not in the beta, but im glad u enjoy the game, i really think the game looks good and fairly entertaining, might try it out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post

Quote Originally Posted by xStandeR View Post
    Not again with WoW killers... please!
    They should ban anyone who in their original post about a game mentions the words "WoW killer".

Seriously, LET THE PHRASE DIE ALREADY. STOP trying to artificially project death upon the game it gets old, annoying and is a terrible factor to go by, wether it will be a wide spread WoW killer or your own WoW killer.

See the problem is when users try to compare new games to WoW and call it the "WoW killer" the video game companies 95% of the time feel the need to work towards that as a design goal (which it is not) and forgo other ideas and design goals to attempt to achieve that. So not only is it annoying as crap it's ruining the game industry.

Want to know why the iPhone and iPod were so wildly successful? They took an already existing idea (Smart phone, MP3 Player) and rather than try and "kill" the other devices they made their own new device with it's own new identity. Want to know why most phones fail to have the gleam and charm that the iPhone does? And why other MP3 players are lackluster? Because they try to "kill" the iPhone rather than creating their own new device to love and to come about.

That said, stop saying WoW Killer. Thanks.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Tera does look sweet and I haven't had access to beta!

Have you guys checked out Blade & Soul, game look awesome, and pretty damn original for a MMO!

http://bladeandsoul.com/global/en

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post

i watch pokket stream, she doesn't like anymore. canceled her preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post
    That is dumb he didn't say the wow killer he said his wow killer. What he will leave wow for.
    I know that. But even mentioning the term will call in the trolls and obsessed fans. People need to stop saying it.

Really enjoying it. Pre-ordering now. Enjoy the look of the game world and feel of the classes. I am not sure what super exciting totally unique questing people are doing 1-50 in Rift or TOR or 1-85 in WoW by comparison. All those games like Tera are kill/collect/use item shit.

And yea, the guy said it was "my wow killer". No need to jump down his throat for it.

Wow wont die any time soon. No individual game can kill wow, but this is a fact. More new games = players wanting to get into mmo's have a lower chance of picking up an older game like wow where you need multiple expansions, less new people playing to increase sub count. Old players get burned out from wow, or mmo's in general, and leave wow, thus wow loses subs and gains more far slower. Tera isnt a wow killer in any way because it cant even be compared to wow they are too different