Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    You are bound to the execute animation for certain abilities in Tera similar to Aion. I love it, but it doesn't seem similar to GW2 combat. At least based on what I seen and have played so far.

Tera is kinda super awesome though ^_^

Tera was pretty cool, but I think outside of the combat system it is the same kind of MMO dressed up different. Fun for the novelty, but I don't think I'd play it long term, especially not with a sub fee (GW2's philosophy is sinking in!). You could dodge and do some things on the move though, sort of, yes. But none of it was target-based I think, I know I saw some heals that were placed on the ground.

So GW2 does have a sort of targeting system? I wonder what for? You don't just lob things in your enemy's direction? I do remember seeing mobs get an outline (?) in some demo videos when they were targeted, but it makes me wonder what the purpose is if combat is free, spray-and-pray kind of combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does have targetting. In addition to showing on your UI the target's health and buffs/debuffs, it does help aim at least some projectile skills (as seen early in this video. I don't know how effective that is for moving targets. I'm not sure if it helps aim all projectile skills or if it does anything for melee skills.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

Play the demo of Dungeon Siege 3, the combat is pretty much identical.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)