Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    Anyone who complains about sub 35fps is delusional imo cause thats PLENTY smooth enough.
    For you it perhaps is. For me it definitely is not. 30fps gaming belongs to consoles from 2005.

Of course a game with as good graphics as Rift will demand more from your computer then the others previously mentioned.
    ..hence my question. If an overclocked i7@4.2ghz and a HD6870 are not good enough to max this game, exactly what kind of machine do you need?

Well considering the specs on my computer, I find it hard to believe that a top end cpu and MB wouldn't allow me to get at least 50fps on ultra in cities, in fact didn't someone already post that they had 50fps in cities? You can't tell a difference between 50 and 60 fps.

And to humor fencers I tried with a water rift. FPS was higher for me than in cities. Its likely the game has an issue with something on your rig. This happens often in games. I know people who can't even PVP in SWTOR yet the PVE side of the game runs fine. The biggest drops in FPS I saw was in cities and in pvp/invasions. Where he fps was about the same.

No game is gonna be perfectly optimized for every machine. And the Gamebryo engine is pretty horrible, but the Rift engine is hardly even the Gamebryo engine anymore its been modified so heavily. Believe me I played WAR, and I quit cause of that horrible piece of crap engine. The game was unplayable because of it. That is not Rift.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    For you it perhaps is. For me it definitely is not. 30fps gaming belongs to consoles from 2005.

..hence my question. If an overclocked i7@4.2ghz and a HD6870 are not good enough to max this game, exactly what kind of machine do you need?
    My AMD X6 1090t and HD6970 can run it fine on maximum settings. (Supersampling on).
    It's not really a 'top' machine today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippable View Post
    My AMD X6 1090t and HD6970 can run it fine on maximum settings. (Supersampling on).
    It's not really a 'top' machine today.
    at 50-60 fps? in capital cities? in raids? during rifts? with at least 20 players around?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    at 50-60 fps? in capital cities? in raids? during rifts? with at least 20 players around?
    Can't get that in wow/swtor or any other MMO with crappy graphics either.
    If that is your demands, then you really need a monster computer to even 'max' wow in all situations.
    For example while standing around lot's of people in Stormwind, the fps can drop to about 35.
    It's a MMORPG we're talking about. Lot's of people around at the same time will make any system get fps drops.
    Doesn't matter which one of them.

Yes my fps is lower in Rift than Wow, but it also should be, else I would find it really strange since it has far more advanced graphics.
    On the other hand, my fps in Swtor isn't much higher than my fps in Rift while Swtor is far from Rift in graphics.

It's tab targeting MMOs we are talking about. Not shooters where 60 vs 30 fps will make a difference.
    Last edited by mmoc37d8d80d18; 2012-02-17 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippable View Post
    Can't get that in wow/swtor or any other MMO with crappy graphics either.
    If that is your demands, then you really need a monster computer to even 'max' wow in all situations.
    For example while standing around lot's of people in Stormwind, the fps can drop to about 35.
    It's a MMORPG we're talking about. Lot's of people around at the same time will make any system get fps drops.
    Doesn't matter which one of them.

Yes my fps is lower in Rift than Wow, but it also should be, else I would find it really strange since it has far more advanced graphics.
    On the other hand, my fps in Swtor isn't much higher than my fps in Rift while Swtor is far from Rift in graphics.

It's tab targeting MMOs we are talking about. Not shooters where 60 vs 30 fps will make a difference.
    I get what you're trying to say, but to claim 60fps vs 30fps doesn't make a difference in any MMO, much less Rift, is a bit short-sighted. It very well may not matter to YOU, but it does matter, else more developers would cap performance in games. Don't get it twisted - I'm not calling you or anyone else stupid, but for people who can discern between 60 and 30, the difference is like night and day.