Good gear, bad simcraft?

I've noticing lately how guildmates I would beat easy some weeks ago, but now completly stalling while seeing others outperform me now. Thing is, we all more or less have the same ilvl, but SimCraft tells me my dps should/could be around 36K dps, while the others have 40 to 42K dps.

This is >> me <<. Guess I could buy a ring to replace the 384, beside that it's only a matter of drop of course. I know I'm in between haste plateaus, and I don't think I can reach 3200something rating for the extra tick, so I'm wondering if I should tone *down* my haste and reforge into mastery? I'm trying to understand SimCraft, I'm new to it, not sure how can I interpret this to improve my input.

Any help would be welcomed, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Sim, go to the Options tab. There are multiple options there, customize it to your raid. Under Options there is a tab that says Scaling, and there you can figure out what your bests stats are.
    Make sure that your Sim raid comp is correct. My gear, with ideal circumstances and DI, would have me at 46k, but b/c we have no DI and are missing a couple buffs/debuffs in our 10 man group, I do a lot less and Sim shows that once I checked it and saw it was running under perfect circumstances. Also, play around with the boss fight styles in the first tab in Options. That illustrates where you should really shine.
    At the moment your extra haste isn't really helping you. Being goblin you have about 400 haste that is doing nothing for you. It is between plateaus and only makes MF a little faster. If you go to the 3202 haste point, cool, but otherwise dump it into what Sim tells you to. I have seen discussion that 3202 is not ideal with 4 pc and to only go for the lower cap, 2435 for goblins. Most find mastery is their haste dump. Do you do the 4pc Mind Spike trick? If not, definitely look into that.
    Best wishes.
    Last edited by Nymie; 2012-02-13 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymie View Post
    In Sim, go to the Options tab. There are multiple options there, customize it to your raid. Under Options there is a tab that says Scaling, and there you can figure out what your bests stats are.
    I went under Options and selected Int/Crit/Haste/Mastery under Scaling, and beside one little graph, I'm not sure how to interpret it.

Does that mean that with current gear, haste doesn't provide benefits, and that I should instead go crit?

10+ Year Old Account
    It does look like crit is your better stat. Make sure that you did set up your raid comp as to how you raid. So take that extra haste (over 2435) and reforge to crit. Try it out. Sim does have some issues (you can read about that in Kilee's shadowpriest guide on this forum), so try it out, see if it helps.

I ran a reforge plots for haste/crit/mast and this is the result:

And the scalling changed (why??):

So what does that mean?

---
    UPDATE: I tried reforging the extra haste to mastery, SimCraft wise my dps dropped.

---
    UPDATE: I tried reforging the extra haste to crit, was bettrer than with mastery, but no where near when I was full haste.

So I don't get it... Sad by the lack of help, don't know where to ask.

---------- Post added 2012-02-14 at 08:07 AM ----------

If no one care to help me figure out why my simcraft "score" is so low, can anyone tell me what item(s) I should try to replace to significantly improve it? Seems no matter how I modify my haste/crit/mastery, the score changes only a tiny bit. Would hope to change *alot*.
    Last edited by DiGG; 2012-02-14 at 12:10 AM.