Thoughts about the current MoP DK Talent Calculator

I was thumbing through the DK MoP talent calculator, and I just figured I'd make some observations and see how people feel about certain things going missing and/or being changed.

*Blood Strike is gone.

*Mind Freeze now costs 30 runic power (Pummel is still 10, Rebuke is still 11%, Kick is still 15) Possible glyph for lowering MF Cost?

*Descecration no longer exists in any of the talent trees.

*Runic Empowerment has a 45% chance to proc one rune. Runic Corruption reads as if it has a 100% chance to proc 100% Rune speed?

*Blood Tap regenerates any rune to a death rune. How long does this last? Would this make Blood capable of nonstop DS Spam as opposed to having to dump Blood Runes with Heart Strike/Blood Boil at times?

*Corpse Explosion is back. Does anyone know if we'll able to target our ghouls with it again?

*Every spec will now have On A Pale Horse.

*Icebound Fortitude states 20% Damage Reduction, even in the Blood Tree. Error or intended?

*Horn of Winter gives 2120 Strength and Agility.

*Frost can now swap between Dual Wield and Two-Handed at will in combat. Possibility to make for creative use of the Cinderglacier rune?

*Judging from the tooltips, Death Siphon hits roughly 3x as hard as Death Coil, and heals for 75% of damage dealt. Will this be about as efficient as a Lichborne Death Coil? (Not sure about the different in AP Scaling with the two)

*Unholy no longer has AMS read to absorb 100% of damage taken. Only 75% like the other specs.

Anyone else have any opinions or other thoughts about the MoP talent calculator?

Ive been looking at it for a while.. I like it so far. Dont need blood strike imo anyways.

My set up would be http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...ator#da!221101

Maybe wait to see the upcoming updates Bashiok mentioned, and judge more? The stuff you got there is like 4 months out of date right now (and even then, was likely dated already).

removing blood strike is silly imo though... there are cases in which you don't wanna cleave, and wanna dump blood runes, i can think of a few achievements that can be ruined by cleaving, like "headed south" in tol'vir... so any achievement that requires a tank to tank multiple adds with low hp and not kill them is gonna hate this change.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Maybe wait to see the upcoming updates Bashiok mentioned, and judge more? The stuff you got there is like 4 months out of date right now (and even then, was likely dated already).
    The stuff on the talent calculators has been updated over the last couple days, a lot of the stuff is current.

I really think you shouldn't even be mentioning these things yet, considering we haven't even heard about a beta yet. Even moreso, an update is coming to the MoP talents in the near future.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I'm waiting for playable beta to check the talents/abilities. There's not enough info about how classes and abilities will actually work..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    The issue I see it that the new talents are boring as hell compared to almost all other classes as well as being the least useful in most situations IMO, also some things is going to have to be tied in with the specc - Like IBF for Blood. But like other people have stated this is just the first version of the talent and nothing are set in stone so lets hope for the best. I would have liked to see something interesting like Druids "hybridasation", Priests Void Shift (Swap HP with target), Warlocks.., etc. But the only thing close to that we are getting is a wierd pseudo-stun in form of Remorseless Winter (which require you to be ontop of your target for 5 sec to get the stun off, and Asphyxiate for RP reasons mainly. I'm really disappointed in the lack of interesting new stuff for dk's. They just removed a significant part of the game when they decided to not share spells from one specc like OB/DS with the other speccs which made the DK more interesting than other classes and also more useful in many situation where as a tank I could switch to some-kind of semi-viable dps for longer non-tanking parts of some enounters.

MAD MAD MAD